+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Area of Training confusion , Can anyone help ?

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have master's (MBA) from US and I am having hard time in identifying my area of training in this list

Before MBA I have Bachlor degree from India < 3 Year Diploma from India < Senior secondary schooling from India < High School

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-areas-of-training-fields-of-study.html

Can anyone help me which is my option and points for the same ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You haven't given enough detail for us to help!

What subject is your MBA, your Bachelor degree, & how long ago did you graduate in each?

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
You haven't given enough detail for us to help!

What subject is your MBA, your Bachelor degree, & how long ago did you graduate in each?
MBA---General MBA (human resource and management )
Bachelor (Bachelor of Science, Majoring info technology)
3 year diploma in Computer engineering

MBA --2010
Bachelor ---2008
Diploma 2005

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could look at "human resources management" (Bach, in section C) and see if your mba compares to that.

Or, if you have at least one year's work experience in the last five years that relates to your Bsc, look for a match to that.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
You could look at "human resources management" (Bach, in section C) and see if your mba compares to that.

Or, if you have at least one year's work experience in the last five years that relates to your Bsc, look for a match to that.
I can compare my Bachelor to this "Computer Science (Bach.) " and it give me 16 points from section A

Regarding Masters...Only thing i can try to compare is "Human Resources Management (Bach.)"....But it is BACHELOR and I have to compare my master with it ?? Really ? Also it is from section "C" and give me 6 Points..

Does it mean I have 16+6= 22 Points ???

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, if your Bach degree matches the computer science one listed, AND you have 1 year of work experience related to that degree *in the last 5 years*, you count 16 point.

AOT points are not cumulative, so you don't count the other one, even if it's a match :)

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
No, if your Bach degree matches the computer science one listed, AND you have 1 year of work experience related to that degree *in the last 5 years*, you count 16 point.

AOT points are not cumulative, so you don't count the other one, even if it's a match :)
This is so screwed up :(

Anyway , if that's what as you mentioned so I do have exp and I should get 16 at least. Thanks for your info

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:

LOL, this is really messed up

So here it is what I trying to understand

Master Degree--Does not matter because there is no matching qualification (0 Points)
Bachelor Degree Match -- with 4+ year of experience (16 points as you clarified )

Education --
MBA( 12 points)
AOT (16 points)
Work Exp (8 Points)
Age ( 16 points)
Language (6 points)
Financial Self-Sufficiency (1 Point )

Total= 59

LOL , This Can't be true :p

ravinder86

Oct 13, 2015
Can anyone help? I'm also having confusion on this

I have done bachelor and having 7 Years of experience as a IT consultant same as (2171 Information systems analysts and consultants ) in NOC list. Please help me to find out my area of training and code.

1. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology(Bsc. IT) - 2008
2. Three years diploma in computer Engineering - 2005

flywind1209

Nov 19, 2013
Hi everyone,

I also have the same question. Please help me and see below: :-\

Food engineering (bach) 1988 12 points
Biochemistry (master) 2000 0
Biological chemistry (PhD) 2011 0 or 6??(biology)

Because my PhD training belonged to biology field and I have 2 years biology-related working experience at McGill
Based on my work permit (NOA-biology) and my work attestation, can I get the 6 points from biology area? Even I have a PhD not bach.
I know I can't get 12p but I judge myself as a biologist.

Look forward to your friendly reply
Thank you

gurwinder80

Sep 16, 2014
Hi all,
I am from India, applying for quebec MON project august intake 2016.
My qualifications:
1) Bachelor of science (Information technology)....... What will be AREA OF TRAINING?(I fill computer science(Bach.),.. is it right?
2) 3 years diploma in engineering (electronics and communication engineering) )....... What will be AREA OF TRAINING?(I fill electronics and communication engineering), .. is it right?
3) Matriculation ....... What will be AREA OF TRAINING?(I fill ALL AREAS),.. is it right?

My spouse qualifications:
1) Senior secondary (+2) arts(arts not mentioned in certificate)(subjects: home science, history)...... What will be AREA OF TRAINING?(I fill HISTORY),.. is it right?
2) Matriculation (COMPARTMENT IN ONE SUBJECT… IS IT OK?)
Waiting for quick reply.. Thanks