28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scylla could u please explain what do you mean by " a matter of chance "
Literally that. Whether Alberta looks into your history and is able to sort out that you didn't meet the residency requirement back in 2016 is all a matter of chance. When you start using your health care card again, this may trigger Alberta to look at your history or it may not. For people who have been caught and have been forced to repay, we have no insights into how they were caught. So we have no way of saying what the chances are this will happen to you and if so, how it will happen.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. Committed to being physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12 month period;
There seems to be no grey area in that requirement. Looks pretty specific to me..."for at least 183 days in a 12 month period"!

Whether you like it or not, your wife failed to meet the required duration of residency by about a month, by your own admission.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think it is a grey area , i read many applicants reused their cards with no problems . As a matter of fact i think the majority succeeded in getting coverage as usually the only persons who post in the forum are the negative experiences . So i think alberta health is doing it based on the link i submitted regarding absence .

I do not think this long absence exemption is only for canadian born , it applies to immigrants also whether u failed to meet the residency requirement in the first year or after 10 years will not make a difference
You were required to inform Alberta Health when you left. You didn't.

You were required to spend 183 days in Alberta to actually qualify for coverage in the first place. You didn't.

There is no grey area. You committed healthcare fraud and are now trying to figure out how to continue committing fraud.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
You were required to inform Alberta Health when you left. You didn't.

You were required to spend 183 days in Alberta to actually qualify for coverage in the first place. You didn't.

There is no grey area. You committed healthcare fraud and are now trying to figure out how to continue committing fraud.
Relax dude , im not going to call you for money i swear :D , im not trying to commit anything , im trying to figure out what is the situation because i read many contradicting views on the web so it is not as easy as you think to get the right answer , some people are saying exactly the opposite of what you are saying

you make it seem like you are the one who is paying for the salaries and expenses of alberta health !

Believe it or not it is still a grey area for me but soon it wont be as i will go and simply ask the alberta health what to do and if they say i have to pay then i will pay without a blink of an eye because you can not put a price tag on your baby getting the chance to be a canadian by birth .

So relax man and take an antihypertensive pill .

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
There seems to be no grey area in that requirement. Looks pretty specific to me..."for at least 183 days in a 12 month period"!

Whether you like it or not, your wife failed to meet the required duration of residency by about a month, by your own admission.
Are you related to canuck in uk :D

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Literally that. Whether Alberta looks into your history and is able to sort out that you didn't meet the residency requirement back in 2016 is all a matter of chance. When you start using your health care card again, this may trigger Alberta to look at your history or it may not. For people who have been caught and have been forced to repay, we have no insights into how they were caught. So we have no way of saying what the chances are this will happen to you and if so, how it will happen.
thanks for yor feedback , i guess the best thing would be to explain to them the situation from day one .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You wonder why people are so upset but actually we have all paid for the healthcare you used except you. If I am correct you have never been employed in Canada and have probably never paid income tax. You have admitted that the only reason you are returning is because of another pregnancy. I'm not sure why you thought people would be thrilled that you are abusing the system. At least you aren't claiming child benefit. At least I hope you aren't!

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
At least you aren't claiming child benefit. At least I hope you aren't!
I'd have to say they are making an effort to collect it, along with citizenship without contributing. PR of convenience IMO. Little or no intention of actually settling in Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-it-possible-to-apply.484547/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/child-benefits-while-spending-from-savings.486217/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-strict-are-they-on-this-pr-thing.485413/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada really needs to consider changing the tax system because many people are living a very nice lifestyle while paying only property taxes and claiming no income. Unfortunately I'm sure there are tons of websites on how to exploit the system as much as possible.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Relax dude , im not going to call you for money i swear :D , im not trying to commit anything , im trying to figure out what is the situation because i read many contradicting views on the web so it is not as easy as you think to get the right answer , some people are saying exactly the opposite of what you are saying

you make it seem like you are the one who is paying for the salaries and expenses of alberta health !

Believe it or not it is still a grey area for me but soon it wont be as i will go and simply ask the alberta health what to do and if they say i have to pay then i will pay without a blink of an eye because you can not put a price tag on your baby getting the chance to be a canadian by birth .

So relax man and take an antihypertensive pill .
Well gee, I wonder why I don't like people who defraud my country....