+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are visa services being offered to Canadian citizens who are already in India?

nivaan5

Star Member
Oct 2, 2023
Congratulations man!!
How did you get your name deleted from electrol list and ration card, can we do that online? I tried looking but the website didn't open.
Also, did they mention anything about getting exit permit as well?
I did the voter id deletion on the election commission of India website. It’s fairly simple. The acknowledgement is generated immediately. My uncle did the Ration card thing. I’m guessing he took help of one of the agents who deal with application/ modification of ration card.

nivaan5

Star Member
Oct 2, 2023
Is there an end date before which you have to depart from India?
The end date is the expiry date of the visa. In my case I applied for 18 months. N it’s granted for the same duration. In the visa application there is a field where you can mention the duration of visa that you would need.

Edit: I got visa for 1 year [Got confused because date month format :p. So I'm not sure why the fees was different for me and my friend]

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
The end date is the expiry date of the visa. In my case I applied for 18 months. N it’s granted for the same duration. In the visa application there is a field where you can mention the duration of visa that you would need.
What type of visa you got? Is there a name for it?

paras.arora

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2016
VISA ISSUED...
july 2016
LANDED..........
august 2016
I did the voter id deletion on the election commission of India website. It’s fairly simple. The acknowledgement is generated immediately. My uncle did the Ration card thing. I’m guessing he took help of one of the agents who deal with application/ modification of ration card.
Thanks for the response now I am just think if I should go for X1 or just the exit permit as I will.be staying for 4 weeks only.

nivaan5

Star Member
Oct 2, 2023
Thanks for the response now I am just think if I should go for X1 or just the exit permit as I will.be staying for 4 weeks only.
I have a suggestion. Keep in mind the government holidays especially if you're visiting during festival times. That would add a few days to your processing time. I met another Canadian citizen when I went to surrender my passport. She had to go 4 times for different reasons before she got her SC (Insufficient supporting documents, Issuing officer on leave etc)

paras.arora

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2016
VISA ISSUED...
july 2016
LANDED..........
august 2016
I have a suggestion. Keep in mind the government holidays especially if you're visiting during festival times. That would add a few days to your processing time. I met another Canadian citizen when I went to surrender my passport. She had to go 4 times for different reasons before she got her SC (Insufficient supporting documents, Issuing officer on leave etc)
I agree with you on this and which is why I don't want to go for entry visa but just exit permit as I my plan is fixed but still not much clarity around entry visa or exit permit.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
It’s Entry visa (X-1)

Also I think the fees for the visa depends on the duration. One of my friends had applied for 1 year and she paid 7000 as fees
Hi @nivaan5 congratulations and thanks for sharing updates with us. Now that you have entry x-1 visa, will you be applying for OCI? And if yes how long is the processing time? Did you happen to know that?

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hi everyone, I want your help. I have my oath ceremony on Nov 3 and I have yet not received email with instructions on how to download e-certificate. Do we normally get that particular email before oath? If yes then what should I do? As I have my travel plan by end of Nov, I want to make sure I get through certificate and passport in time. I spoke with IRCC agent this morning and she said she will send message to my office. But is there any other way so I can get the email with instructions? Please advise. Ty

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I want your help. I have my oath ceremony on Nov 3 and I have yet not received email with instructions on how to download e-certificate. Do we normally get that particular email before oath? If yes then what should I do? As I have my travel plan by end of Nov, I want to make sure I get through certificate and passport in time. I spoke with IRCC agent this morning and she said she will send message to my office. But is there any other way so I can get the email with instructions? Please advise. Ty
Unrelated question to what's being discussed in this thread but you don't need the email to download the certificate.

Follow the steps mentioned in the link if you dont want to wait for the email - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/

nivaan5

Star Member
Oct 2, 2023
Hi @nivaan5 congratulations and thanks for sharing updates with us. Now that you have entry x-1 visa, will you be applying for OCI? And if yes how long is the processing time? Did you happen to know that?
When I spoke to the general Helpdesk they did not know when I can apply and the processing time. I haven't been able to reach the OCI team yet

Reactions: rmp0930

Rajssab

Jan 8, 2019
@nivaan5 Cant thank you enough for taking out the time to share your experience with us. Been refreshing this forum every day to learn from your experience. Thank you again.

Reactions: nivaan5