+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are visa services being offered to Canadian citizens who are already in India?

nivaan5

Star Member
Oct 2, 2023
Did FRRO confirm that they are actually processing/issuing entry visa in India for Canadian passport holders currently? I am asking this because of the present situation - some folks applied for e-visa online just before the visa suspension but never heard back. Hope FRRO is transparent with you with their responses. Good Luck.
I am one of the people who applied before the ban and still didn't get an e-visa. In their reply FRRO just said that we have to apply for exit permit/ visa at FRRO.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi all, can we travel to India within the three months grace period using Indian passport and then also exit India on Indian passport itself? Not traveling back to Canada but to a third country where one is currently residing?

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi all, can we travel to India within the three months grace period using Indian passport and then also exit India on Indian passport itself? Not traveling back to Canada but to a third country where one is currently residing?
There are threads on people traveling from India to Dubai on Indian passport and then using Canadian passport to travel Dubai to Canada. It is "technically" legal but I don't know the repercussions or future issues.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
There are threads on people traveling from India to Dubai on Indian passport and then using Canadian passport to travel Dubai to Canada. It is "technically" legal but I don't know the repercussions or future issues.
Can you share a few links please?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Thanks. Yes I did read those, however I was asking for a situation where the person is not living in Canada anymore but instead living in Dubai so the question of first using Indian passport to exit India and then using Canadian passport for the second leg of the journey doesn't arise.
Travel to India from Dubai and exit India for travel to Dubai both on an Indian passport (while waiting for Canadian passport) within the three months period should be fine I suppose?

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Thanks. Yes I did read those, however I was asking for a situation where the person is not living in Canada anymore but instead living in Dubai so the question of first using Indian passport to exit India and then using Canadian passport for the second leg of the journey doesn't arise.
Travel to India from Dubai and exit India for travel to Dubai both on an Indian passport (while waiting for Canadian passport) within the three months period should be fine I suppose?
I don't think I can provide a definitive answer on that. I'd guess it is up to your risk taking ability.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hello everyone
I'm trying to find out if Visa services are available for Canadian citizens who are already in India. I have contacted FRRO [still awaiting their response]. Any inputs/ suggestions as to how to find out for sure will be appreciated. I recently took oath and need to travel to India (not an emergency). I'm wondering if I can travel on my Indian passport [as I'm still with the 90 days grace period] and surrender my passport in India and apply for a visa once in India. Has anyone done this after Sept 21st?
Hi @nivaan5 I went through your updates, I am having online ceremony on Nov 3rd and I have my travel plans on Nov 28th. My layover will be in Dubai where I will be getting transit visa and hotel stay as the layover is longer than 12 hrs so I will have to exit the Dubai airport. Do you think that can create an issue for me if I travel on Indian passport?
-Also can you please provide the email id for the FRRO where you submitted your enquiry and they replied you back? I would like to submit the enquiry to them too so that I can have that as a proof.
-And lastly did any airport authorities i.e. Canada, India and your respective layover airport asked you any questions about status in Canada while you were flying to India?
I would really appreciate your prompt reply as I only have today to decide if I should take up ceremony and travel on the option of 3 month grace period or I should reschedule it. TIA.

Utkarsh1236

Jun 30, 2022
Hi @nivaan5 I went through your updates, I am having online ceremony on Nov 3rd and I have my travel plans on Nov 28th. My layover will be in Dubai where I will be getting transit visa and hotel stay as the layover is longer than 12 hrs so I will have to exit the Dubai airport. Do you think that can create an issue for me if I travel on Indian passport?
-Also can you please provide the email id for the FRRO where you submitted your enquiry and they replied you back? I would like to submit the enquiry to them too so that I can have that as a proof.
-And lastly did any airport authorities i.e. Canada, India and your respective layover airport asked you any questions about status in Canada while you were flying to India?
I would really appreciate your prompt reply as I only have today to decide if I should take up ceremony and travel on the option of 3 month grace period or I should reschedule it. TIA.
From what I know IRCC is not really Rescheduling the ceremony unless its an emergency by saying that its not an invitation rather its a notice to appear.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
From what I know IRCC is not really Rescheduling the ceremony unless its an emergency by saying that its not an invitation rather its a notice to appear.
Yes I have heard that they need a reasonable explanation. So rather than not taking oath, I am thinking to take it and then travel on Indian passport as there is 3 month grace period.
Has anyone else travelled recently like that? Did they had any difficulty? I would really appreciate if they share the experience as I have tough timeline.