+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are there any couples met online,then got married,then applied and approved!!

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello guys...

I was talking to a friend and he warned me to write in my application that i met and knew my wife online in the beginning!!!

He told me to never do this and the immigration office refused almost of cases with internet relations because they think this relation is not genuine and just for PR?

Please is there any one applied and got approved and he/she knew the other partner via internet ?

i am more confused now

Please help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't heard that. I know they would be suspicious if you had never met in person but if it's just that you met on the internet initially and then got to know each other in person, I don't think it would be a problem. I know of people who have met on the internet and done sponsorship to the US. I am sure there have also been people doing it in Canada but I don't remember anybody in particular.

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I met my partner in 2002 online. I went to Canada and we decided to live in The Netherlands. In 2004 we got married over here in the Netherlands. We applied on March 11. 2009.
On March 25. 2009 the sponsorship was approved and the file is sent to Berlin. We are now waiting to see in process.
My consultant is saying that there is no problem.
Did you met your partner a long time ago on the internet?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
but if a couple met in person just twice, but the most of their relationship took place on-line, will it be a problem?

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Suin, you have to proof that it is genuine. Do you have boarding pass, hotel receipts, pictures of you together, etc?

ebsta

Apr 25, 2009
Hi ok,i cant really help you,i would love to hear how you get on,i have also met a canadian lady on the internet,im english,we have only just met the once but had spoke to each other for 2 years before we met i can honestly say i loved her before we had met in person,after meeting nothing changed,i knew her,she was as i thought and she said i was as she thought,we both know how right we are for each other,we planed how we could work and alls good.But we have now found a hurdle :S...im not going to crash your link but the point is this,DONT GIVE UP,there are some that are so negative on the internet,dont listen 2 them,you will get there in the end, im a strong believer in ...

Where theres a will theres a way

You will get there

If at first you dont suceed,try then try again.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thank you all guys.

Actually i will say the truth,whatever will happen,

I believe that our relation and marriage is genuine,and even if they refused me,she will come to me and we will leave any where together.

anyone else met online, please let us know.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I met my husband online. It was a chance meeting, I wasn't looking for a husband. But we clicked and have been together for over 5 years now. The application is still in process, but I don't expect any difficulties. We're as genuine as they come. I just hope the evidence we sent is enough to show that. Often it doesn't come down to what actually happened between two people but what you can prove happened.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
mitamata said:
I met my husband online. It was a chance meeting, I wasn't looking for a husband. But we clicked and have been together for over 5 years now. The application is still in process, but I don't expect any difficulties. We're as genuine as they come. I just hope the evidence we sent is enough to show that. Often it doesn't come down to what actually happened between two people but what you can prove happened.
Thank you,,

can you please for help ,tell us what are the evidences you introduced?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
dentistusa said:
mitamata said:
Thank you,,

Waleed,

Do a search of the Forum using the search tool, and you will see many discussions regarding evidence and what others have included. I think the lack of comments in this thread is because it's been beaten to death in other threads.

The evidence for any application is the same really, even if there is distance involved...how are you maintaining your relationship? Show proof of that. If you are chatting online, show logs, screen shots; if you can speaking on the phone, show your phone bills; if you email each other include some of them...; if you write actual snail mail to each other, include copies of that.

The point is to provide a glimpse into your life substantiating how you MAINTAIN your relationship - there is no cookbook recipe of what to do.

Do the search, and you will see more threads on this as well.

wendy

Apr 20, 2009
I meet my housband online, we chat 4 months and i took TRV visa to meet him. We live almost 6 months in canada. I was flight back in my country and he come afther 7 months. We make wedding, afther 3 months we send application and our visa was approved in 3 months.
Good luck

miya

Jul 2, 2008
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-nov-2009
Doc's Request.
dec-2009
Med's Done....
19-jan-2010
Passport Req..
05-jan-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-aug-2010
LANDED..........
23-sept-2010
Hi! Are you a Filipina? I met my husband online wayback 2005 and we met in person year 2007. I applied for tourist visa the next year but been refused. Then I applied again as conjugal partner the same year but unfortunately it was refused early this year. We got married last February and it was held in Manila. My parents and some relatives and friends attended the wedding. No one from my husband's side came because of work and studies. We will not stop to fight until we win this battle. We will show to them (immigration) that our love is genuine. I cannot say much for now because our new application is still in the process. Goodluck!!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
dentistusa said:
mitamata said:
Thank you,,

We sent a big pile of things. lol
- skype logs, showing two calls every day, going back to 2007 (came out to 30 pages)
- my cell phone bills, with my calls to his cell phone highlighted (going back to 2007)
- my landline phone call list, showing my calls to his cell phone (only for the last 4 months before applying)
- a couple of emails, a series of PMs and a few chats - we have almost 3 years worth of chats saved (yes, I'm weird like that xD), I selected one from every month or so. The total for this was some 50 pages
- several photos from our visits, showing us in different locations (around 10)
- several photos from our wedding (about 20)
- copies of the letters we had sent each other
- copies of the cards (christmas, birthday) we had sent each other
- the boarding passes we had kept (we visited each other 5 times)
- copies of our passports, esp. the pages that had the border stamps in them

Our application was simple, he's currently 23, I'm 27. We have the same education level, no huge cultural differences in our way.

Yesterday, I got the passport request from Vienna after a good month of processing. I guess it was enough to convince them :)