+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are taxis exempt from Car seat requirements?

taimoorsoomro

Oct 24, 2017
Dear All

I will be coming for my soft landing for 3 weeks and I am confused regarding the requirement for a car seat while going in a taxi to a mall or park?

As per the Ministry of Transportation (Ontario) website, taxis are exempt from the requirement for a car seat. So will Taxis allow us to take a ride with them if we don't carry a car seat?

I have gotten many mixed comments where some people are saying by experience that its ok and the taxi driver will allow you but some others are saying that no they won't allow you.

Can anyone help on this from their personal experience which they have faced or known recently?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For your child's safety I would bring a car seat or rent one if you are going to be doing a lot of driving around Toronto. I can undertand not using one coming home from the airport if you have no other options but if you plan on driving around Toronto for 3 weeks you should consider using a car seat or using the bus, train or subway.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dear All

I will be coming for my soft landing for 3 weeks and I am confused regarding the requirement for a car seat while going in a taxi to a mall or park?

As per the Ministry of Transportation (Ontario) website, taxis are exempt from the requirement for a car seat. So will Taxis allow us to take a ride with them if we don't carry a car seat?

I have gotten many mixed comments where some people are saying by experience that its ok and the taxi driver will allow you but some others are saying that no they won't allow you.

Can anyone help on this from their personal experience which they have faced or known recently?

Thanks.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/choose-car-seat.shtml
If you are driving, you will need to follow the legal requirements for use of and type of car seat. Don't be tempted to assume that you won't get a ticket.