+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are black & white scans for POF and PCC cause of rejection?

Abhii.7

Sep 3, 2017
Hi guys,

I submitted all my documents (most colored but some B/W due to large size of the file) on Sep 10 (AOR) but realized that I need to send them ALL COLORED?

Will it work if I send them the colored documents now via IRCC Webform? Please help.

Thanks very much.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys,

I submitted all my documents (most colored but some B/W due to large size of the file) on Sep 10 (AOR) but realized that I need to send them ALL COLORED?

Will it work if I send them the colored documents now via IRCC Webform? Please help.

Thanks very much.
If I remember correctly, there do seem to have been cases of rejection because of upload of black-and-white scans of coloured documents, particularly police clearance certificates. I would recommend uploading the coloured documents now if you can, especially if one of your black-and-white scans was a police certificate...

Abhii.7

Sep 3, 2017
If I remember correctly, there do seem to have been cases of rejection because of upload of black-and-white scans of coloured documents, particularly police clearance certificates. I would recommend uploading the coloured documents now if you can, especially if one of your black-and-white scans was a police certificate...
Alright thanks. I will submit the colored documents rightaway. I'm assuming I need to send it across via IRCC Webform?

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Hi guys,

Thanks very much.
Recent PCCs are only in black and white (even the signature) but still scan using the color option. In terms of POF, if any logos or signatures are in color, scan in color also.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
I am certain that many PCC are issued in Black/White. US' FBI for example. I have personally submitted Black and White copies.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I genuinely don't understand why doing colored scans is such an issue. If you don't have a scanner there's a good phone application called camscanner that does the job.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
Although some PCCs may be black and white, you are still required to submit COLORED scanned copy of them. You can see many applicants here in the forum who were rejected for not complying with that.
Can you point me to a few examples on this forum where people were rejected for not providing colored scan of original black and white docs?

springtulip

Jan 27, 2018
Mine got rejected despite being a colored scan of the original which is in B/W. It is a problem since I cannot fix this issue and they will not bypass it.

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Mine got rejected despite being a colored scan of the original which is in B/W. It is a problem since I cannot fix this issue and they will not bypass it.
Hello, I wanted to know more details about this. I got my police certificate from Lahore, Pakistan and they have issued it in black and white, saying that this is the new standard. Im concerned if this would be rejected. Messaging you to ask more details!

Reactions: ibtee

springtulip

Jan 27, 2018
Had to include a comment explaining the original B&W copy. Someone had adviced scanning against a colored background which sounds like a reasonable idea.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hello, I wanted to know more details about this. I got my police certificate from Lahore, Pakistan and they have issued it in black and white, saying that this is the new standard. Im concerned if this would be rejected. Messaging you to ask more details!
I also got a Lahore PCC recently and it's not in color. Can you guide me what you did to solve this issue? Is it worth it to go back to them and ask for another one?

Abhii.7

Sep 3, 2017
I also got a Lahore PCC recently and it's not in color. Can you guide me what you did to solve this issue? Is it worth it to go back to them and ask for another one?
If that's the only version they give you, I don't think you can do much about it. Would be great if you can get a colored version though. Better be safe than sorry I'd say.

Reactions: ibtee

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
hi,
I also got the same black and white PCC from Lahore. Did you face any issue because of this original black and white PCC? or it is accepted??