+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Exactly bro, so frustrating. I have zero motivation/excitement to got to Canada now. On the top of that, my existing employer gave me 100% hike when i told them about my Canada plans.
This happened with me when I was about to go to the US last year. Tread with precaution lol. And I sooo agree. I have no motivation to go to canada. Heck this time I haven’t even told the employer YET. Its too late already. I will be working till the last day and it will anyway affect my mental health (like it hasn’t done already).

Krupesh112

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Upfront Medical : April 13th
Applied online: April 12 (Non SDS)
Biometrics done: February 2020
Medical: Medical passed on May 19th
Eligibility Review: Not started
BVL: Waiting
PPR: Waiting
Same timeline bro, applied on 12 april, medical got updated on 18 may, got bvl on 21 may. Waiting for PPR hopefully.

Spectre0208

Jun 28, 2020
C.G.
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Same timeline bro, applied on 12 april, medical got updated on 18 may, got bvl on 21 may. Waiting for PPR hopefully.
Nearly same timeline.
File lodge = 09 april
Biometrics done = 14th april
Biometrics updated = 15th april
Medical passed = 29th april
BVL recieved = 19th may
Ppr = still waiting

Hope everyone recieve positive new soon.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
This happened with me when I was about to go to the US last year. Tread with precaution lol. And I sooo agree. I have no motivation to go to canada. Heck this time I haven’t even told the employer YET. Its too late already. I will be working till the last day and it will anyway affect my mental health (like it hasn’t done already).
And you know what? I rejected offers from Europe, NZ and didn't sit for UK's interview. Also, all were fully funded offers, including Canada's. But, now the anxiety phase has surpassed, I guess. Hopefully I will be meeting IRCC officials for my PhD research and I am definitely going to tell them that how they f****** my mental health. If i have to start my PhD online, I will continue working in India and resign only when I am actually leaving for Canada. But all in all, this whole process is disappointing.
But they also have a limit because these kind of things eventually gonna affect their education system. Without Chinese and Indian money, their whole education system will collapse. So, lets hope for the best.

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
let me know when your visa get accepted
Which college and course?
my file is in process...
2 Time refused
Ielts overall 7 but wrtting 5.5
overall 6.5 but reading 5.5
applied on 26april
Medical update 15 may
Review start 16 may
medical came to inital stage on 20 may "we do not want medical " because medical expired on 16 may
BVL on 26 may and review came to intial stage "we will send you messege when will start reviewing your application"
raised web form on 31st june.
Till now no update
Intake july
Canadian college , vancouver
Totally harassed.....

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
And you know what? I rejected offers from Europe, NZ and didn't sit for UK's interview. Also, all were fully funded offers, including Canada's. But, now the anxiety phase has surpassed, I guess. Hopefully I will be meeting IRCC officials for my PhD research and I am definitely going to tell them that how they f****** my mental health. If i have to start my PhD online, I will continue working in India and resign only when I am actually leaving for Canada. But all in all, this whole process is disappointing.
But they also have a limit because these kind of things eventually gonna affect their education system. Without Chinese and Indian money, their whole education system will collapse. So, lets hope for the best.
That’s a valid point. My situation is worse because I am leaving heavily funded US offers for this meager-by-my-standards scholarship to the best school in Canada lol
“I need mental peace and security, I will earn money later” I thought ahahaha

And yes. So I wanted to know your opinion. How are you planning then? Like will you be a PhD student and a full time worker ? Won’t that pose problems? Just asking your perspective @imisstraveling

Last edited:

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
That’s a valid point. My situation is worse because I am leaving heavily funded US offers for this meager-by-my-standards scholarship to the best school in Canada lol
“I need mental peace and security, I will earn money later” I thought ahahaha

And yes. So I wanted to know your opinion. How are you planning then? Like will you be a PhD student and a full time worker ? Won’t that pose problems? Just asking your perspective @imisstraveling
Congrats on UofT.
As long as I am in India and attending classes via zoom, that won't be an issue because I will get my stipend only after reaching Canada. It's on me that whether i will be able to manage it or not. First two years are just coursework, so I dont think it will be too hectic for me. Still, if i am unable to manage, I will drop out from one course and complete it in the Winter sem. I just have two courses in the Fall. My current employer is also very chill and reduced my notice period from 3 to 1 months when i told them about this visa process uncertainty. My existing work is also of this nature which i can do anytime i want. So, considering all this, I dont think its gonna be a big problem for me. My friends who joined US schools for PhD also did their 1st semester online, so i am very much ready for all this. Its a long 4-5 years course after all.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Congrats on UofT.
As long as I am in India and attending classes via zoom, that won't be an issue because I will get my stipend only after reaching Canada. It's on me that whether i will be able to manage it or not. First two years are just coursework, so I dont think it will be too hectic for me. Still, if i am unable to manage, I will drop out from one course and complete it in the Winter sem. I just have two courses in the Fall. My current employer is also very chill and reduced my notice period from 3 to 1 months when i told them about this visa process uncertainty. My existing work is also of this nature which i can do anytime i want. So, considering all this, I dont think its gonna be a big problem for me. My friends who joined US schools for PhD also did their 1st semester online, so i am very much ready for all this. Its a long 4-5 years course after all.
That sounds doable, yeah! Thanks for your perspective.
And thanks for the wishes, I mean that’s only the tip of the shitty iceberg that is the journey aha..
My other Top-20 US offers would have been tougher because timezones were even weirder and they are all starting way earlier than the Canadian counterparts. Some guys even started without a visa but US embassies bucked up and prioritized students.
My work is crazayy.. So, I also have this opportunity where I serve half notice period (and PAY for the other half, not everyone has a cool employer lol).. and at least attend the initial classes online while working in the day. Ughh.

Anyway MBA is not just about classes but networking so I might have to plan and be there ASAP cause traveling between terms will be a hassle (plus we don’t know when the 10th Indian covid wave is gonna bite us in the ass and we get banned till 2025 lol)

Last edited:

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Exactly bro, so frustrating. I have zero motivation/excitement to got to Canada now. On the top of that, my existing employer gave me 100% hike when i told them about my Canada plans.
Seriously its a mood kill!
I applied well in time for august start and got refused may end then waited a month for gcms and now have applied again in the hopes they follow the timeline given for SDS. I havnt checked my gckey since 3 days and i come on this forum once in a day or two!
Im demotivated. also im still holding onto my job which is tough but Im here stressing for the world.
and now God willing my visa comes, ill pack and leave in 15 days. What a way to pack up and leave your country and parents, like last minute.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
That sounds doable, yeah! Thanks for your perspective.
And thanks for the wishes, I mean that’s only the tip of the shitty iceberg that is the journey aha..
My other Top-20 US offers would have been tougher because timezones were even weirder and they are all starting way earlier than the Canadian counterparts. Some guys even started without a visa but US embassies bucked up and prioritized students.
My work is crazayy.. So, I also have this opportunity where I serve half notice period (and PAY for the other half, not everyone has a cool employer lol).. and at least attend the initial classes online while working in the day. Ughh.

Anyway MBA is not just about classes but networking so I might have to plan and be there ASAP cause traveling between terms will be a hassle (plus we don’t know when the 10th Indian covid wave is gonna bite us in the ass and we get banned till 2025 lol)
I mean that’s only the tip of the shitty iceberg that is the journey aha.. - Dont even tell this to a PhD student XD
Yeah, US visa process is wayyyyyyy better than Canada's given that they also have an in person interview. As far online classes are concerned, I guess late night Euro Cup, Champions League matches, made me MST ready, but if its bothering a lot, I will definitely quit. I hope they allow at least vaccinated students in full time courses and this chutiya Modi doesn't screw things up anymore.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I mean that’s only the tip of the shitty iceberg that is the journey aha.. - Dont even tell this to a PhD student XD
Yeah, US visa process is wayyyyyyy better than Canada's given that they also have an in person interview. As far online classes are concerned, I guess late night Euro Cup, Champions League matches, made me MST ready, but if its bothering a lot, I will definitely quit. I hope they allow at least vaccinated students in full time courses and this chutiya Modi doesn't screw things up anymore.
Take 1 dogecoin from me for this post. Dang this ain’t reddit!!!

• Haha
Reactions: imisstraveling

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Update - Just talked to Canadian High Commission, New Delhi where the operator just gave the generic reply that slowly they are increasing the capacity i.e from July. I dont know if they gave the same reply to other people who contacted them. Anyways, i just thought of sharing this with other applicants.