Upfront Medical : April 6
Applied online: April 18 (Non SDS)
Biometrics done: April 21
Medical: Medical passed on April 28
Eligibility Review: Started on April 28
BVL: Waiting
PPR: Waiting
I applied from UAE.

It's been 8 weeks since I applied, till now I didn't receive any updates. It's getting really frustrating not receiving any decision yet.

Do you think that the applications that are taking time to receive a decision, has a higher chance of approval?
Well there are 2 points:
1. They definitely don’t take this long to reject in most cases, so this is a positive
2. If its taking this long, then probably it should be a good news.

But yeah. Can’t say anything about these guys’ patterns.

Reactions: Rosemary1812

Rosemary1812

Apr 30, 2021
Well there are 2 points:
1. They definitely don’t take this long to reject in most cases, so this is a positive
2. If its taking this long, then probably it should be a good news.

But yeah. Can’t say anything about these guys’ patterns.
True, we can expect anything from them these days. Let's just hope our application will get approved soon!!!

Rosemary1812

Apr 30, 2021
Amen to that! Keep us posted. I had called New Delhi visa office but they have no clue. I don’t know if it’s a good idea to call the IRCC Canada office. Trying won’t harm!
Yesterday I called IRCC Canada, I asked about my application, but unfortunately they weren't authorised to release any information for applications outside of Canada, they told me to call the nearest visa office (my visa office is Abu Dhabi).

xhardikx06

Jun 9, 2021
india , nonsds
applied-24 april
biometric request- 26 april
biometric updated -29 april
bvl and medical pass - 14 may
no update then !
University of Windsor master in mechanical engineering.
b.tech with 8.24 no back (2018) , gap justified by current job and previous experience certificate.
2 ielts certificate submitted , both 6.5 but one with writing another speaking 5.5 .
gic paid , 4000 deposit , 21 lakh loan document and 18 lakh in pf shown with 38 lakh house value and 4-5 lakh else fund.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Yesterday I called IRCC Canada, I asked about my application, but unfortunately they weren't authorised to release any information for applications outside of Canada, they told me to call the nearest visa office (my visa office is Abu Dhabi).
That’s too bad. This is maybe because your file might be with your local office only. I saw a lot of people from Middle east and India call IRCC canada. If what they told here is right, they were able to get detailed info on the application (given it was being processed in Canada).

Rosemary1812

Apr 30, 2021
That’s too bad. This is maybe because your file might be with your local office only. I saw a lot of people from Middle east and India call IRCC canada. If what they told here is right, they were able to get detailed info on the application (given it was being processed in Canada).
Maybe that could be the reason, though it is better to at least try calling IRCC Canada once, it could be a hit or miss, you never know. If you do call them, please let me know if they gave you any detailed information regarding your application.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
No update from me. Eligibility has not even started. Still on background check since April 20th. London, UK office (I believe).

Question about GCMS notes. We all know it takes around 30 days, or more, to receive them. Is it worth submitting an application for the notes now, knowing that it takes at least a month to process, so that if there were a visa refusal we wouldn't be waiting for so long for the GCMS notes?
Thoughts?

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
i applied in 15 april Non sds

review started in 28 April

3 ghosts updates same day

in 29 april i received both medical request and PPC request
Hi
Did you apply from your self ?
I need help I am going to apply by my self,
I am going to apply for study permit by non sds program,
My queries,
I need to scan original documents only
Or
I need to scan original documents with notarized photocopy?

when I filled my application they did not ask me to submit medical or Police clearance certificate?
How can I add upfront medical if they did not ask me
what does it mean upfront medical ?

After then ty can ask original documents?

Thanks very much for your time.
Went thru a lot of threads and I realized that: taking the medical upfront would be the best option to reduce processing time, I saw a lot of ppl have been stuck with "waiting for medical request" :(
How to do medical upfront?
What is that before submitting the application?
Where I have to go for that up front medical?

Hi
Hello. Silent reader here but happy to share the good news!
Fall 2021
MSc at University of Ottawa

Apr 7 - Lodged student permit application
Apr 8 - Biometrics request
Ap 14 - Police Certificate sent via webform
Apr 15 - Upfront medical and Biometrics
Apr 15 - Sent e-medical sheet same day via email and webform
Apr 28 - Medical exam passed
May 12 (?) - Reviewing eligibility
May 17 - Correspondence Letter and Passport Request :)
Did they ask you Police clearance certificate and medical ?

What is upfront medical ??
Thanks

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi
My queries,
Or

when I filled my application they did not ask me to submit medical or Police clearance certificate?

Is there any WhatsApp group for students who applied for Canada?

How to do medical upfront?
What is that before submitting the application?
Where I have to go for that up front medical?

Hi

Did they ask you Police clearance certificate and medical ?

What is upfront medical ??
Thanks
1. Scan all the original documents. You only need to notarize those documents not written in English so you need to translate them first and get notarizations on.
2. Looking for IOM (International Organization for Immigration) at your local country where has a medical examination service for immigration purpose.
3. You will need Police Clearances aka Criminal Reports from every country you stayed in for more than 6 months in the past.
4. Merge PDF files and upload them, VO will read and understand.

Mabe211

Jun 12, 2021
How you call ircc canada

Omerbabiker6

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-03-2021
Med's Request
03-05-2020
Med's Done....
03-05-2020
1. Scan all the original documents. You only need to notarize those documents not written in English so you need to translate them first and get notarizations on.
2. Looking for IOM (International Organization for Immigration) at your local country where has a medical examination service for immigration purpose.
3. You will need Police Clearances aka Criminal Reports from every country you stayed in for more than 6 months in the past.
4. Merge PDF files and upload them, VO will read and understand.
for number 3 i did not include nor asked to provide the police certificate.
there are some certain countries that will be asked to provide the police certificate.

Reactions: lamnt0702

Omerbabiker6

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-03-2021
Med's Request
03-05-2020
Med's Done....
03-05-2020
Hi
My queries,
Or

I advise you to do the application by yourself. however, DO NOT LIE OR TRY TO MISREP'.
be honest with your application. include anything that will help your profile. for example:
1- Transcripts
2- English tests
3- professional experience for the companies and/or recommendation letter for work or universities.
4- affidavit from your financial supporter.

as for upfront medical, you are required to do it before you apply or when request by IRCC. but if you applied dont do it until asked.