+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 7th Online application done...is it possible to get Canadian Visa before 25th-April

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Its Mapple leaves finally..............:):):):):)

Passports of all family members arrived home Just 10 mins back.

Special thanks to @Bryanna .............your predictions are "SPOT ON". Many thanks and bows to you Bryanna..You had been a great support all along.....

Final time lines:
Online applications submitted 7th-April
Got acknowledgement same day....
Got request to send copy of passports on 8th-April
Sent copy of passport on 10th-April...
My approval and PPR came on 11th-April.
Family approval and PPR came on 15th-April
Submitted passports @ VFS Ahmedabad on 17th-April
CVAC Bangalore received passports on 18th-April (info source VFS tracker)
CVAC dispatched stamped passports on 20th-April ....real quickie here by CVAC (although the time frame shared by portal is 18days).......(info source VFS tracker)
Received passports at home address on 21st-April ((with stamping date of 19th-April)).....
However VFS tracker still says it is courier....means not updated real time

Whole process completed in 15 calendar days........Huge relief.......:)

Wish same speed for every hopeful person seeing this forum.....who is coming here to search for his/her answers.........
I know it is easy to say like that when you have completed a task ...but i really feel empathy for everyone out there who is having a nail biting experience.....

Thank you all...once again!!!

Does anyone know travel related quarries forum or thread....as no search tool is available on this site....:p:p....
No crystal ball. Just logic, analysis and experience applied here. I'm so very happy for you and your family. Enjoy a wonderful holiday :):)

Reactions: rohitsheen

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
@Bryanna - I submitted visitor visa application for my parents on 21st March, 2018. Got passport request for my dad on 9th April. But my mom's application is still showing under process. What could be the reason? It was submitted both together. Infact, when I applied online for my dad's visistor visa it asked if there are any other family members travelling with them, I clicked yes and submitted mom's details. Also, my invitation letter is common for both. I wonder then why this discrepancy!? Do you have any idea?

Can anyone throw some light on my case?

Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna - I submitted visitor visa application for my parents on 21st March, 2018. Got passport request for my dad on 9th April. But my mom's application is still showing under process. What could be the reason? It was submitted both together. Infact, when I applied online for my dad's visistor visa it asked if there are any other family members travelling with them, I clicked yes and submitted mom's details. Also, my invitation letter is common for both. I wonder then why this discrepancy!? Do you have any idea?

Can anyone throw some light on my case?

Thanks in advance!
No discrepancies. Nothing to worry about. This happens quite often. Processing can take longer even for applications from the same family.

If processing has crossed the IRCC published time, you can send a CSE and email. As your dad has been approved, your mom will also get a passport request soon

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
No discrepancies. Nothing to worry about. This happens quite often. Processing can take longer even for applications from the same family.

If processing has crossed the IRCC published time, you can send a CSE and email. As your dad has been approved, your mom will also get a passport request soon
Thank you for the quick reply.

The processing time on IRCC shows 16 days. Assuming that its 16 "business days", now its been 22 business days since I submitted the application. Therefore I did send a web form. Is that what you mean by CSE? Sorry I didnt understand what you meant by CSE or email? Please clarify.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The processing time on IRCC shows 16 days. Assuming that its 16 "business days", now its been 22 business days since I submitted the application. Therefore I did send a web form. Is that what you mean by CSE? Sorry I didnt understand what you meant by CSE or email? Please clarify.
Processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates. Actual processing can take much longer. Processing time are in calendar days.

CSE is the web form you sent

Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates. Actual processing can take much longer. Processing time are in calendar days.

CSE is the web form you sent
Well, in that case its been a month and little over now :(

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
@Bryanna Got a reply on my mother's visa today. Rejected.

Reason:
Please note that as you are a Citizen of the United Kingdom and hold a valid Passport, you are not
eligible to apply for a TRV and must instead apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization. Please
consult http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

My mother does hold a British Passport but I always thought her status was "British Overseas Citizen". Untill today when I saw that her passport has countrycode = GBR. Now they are asking me to apply for eTa visa. Which I understand she can only stay in Canada for 3 months? I want her to stay for 6 months. What do I do? I found this one article https://official-canada-eta.com/canada-eta-requirements/eta-for-british-citizens.html it states that if visitor wants to stay for more than 6 months, they should apply for full visa. But when I go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp to check her eligibility, its again the same thing. Can you or anyone help me in this situation?

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Got a reply on my mother's visa today. Rejected.

Reason:
Please note that as you are a Citizen of the United Kingdom and hold a valid Passport, you are not
eligible to apply for a TRV and must instead apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization. Please
consult http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
It's good she was not refused for the typical reasons.

My mother does hold a British Passport but I always thought her status was "British Overseas Citizen". Untill today when I saw that her passport has countrycode = GBR.
Do recheck the Country Code. It is not GBR for 'British Overseas Citizen'. Nonetheless, your mom can apply for an eTA.

Now they are asking me to apply for eTa visa. Which I understand she can only stay in Canada for 3 months?
That's incorrect. She can stay for up to 6 months depending on the assessment made by the officer at the POE. She can later apply to extend her stay before the 6 months is over. That said, do not mention a visit duration of 6 months.

This could help:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/after-apply-next-steps.html

I found this one article https://official-canada-eta.com/canada-eta-requirements/eta-for-british-citizens.html it states that if visitor wants to stay for more than 6 months, they should apply for full visa. But when I go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp to check her eligibility, its again the same thing. Can you or anyone help me in this situation?
The web site in the link you provided has erroneous/incorrect information.

I suggest you do not refer to that site. For any clarifications/information, do check only www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

Do recheck the Country Code. It is not GBR for 'British Overseas Citizen'. Nonetheless, your mom can apply for an eTA.

That's incorrect. She can stay for up to 6 months depending on the assessment made by the officer at the POE. She can later apply to extend her stay before the 6 months is over. That said, do not mention a visit duration of 6 months.

This could help:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/after-apply-next-steps.html

The web site in the link you provided has erroneous/incorrect information.

I suggest you do not refer to that site. For any clarifications/information, do check only www.cic.gc.ca
Thank you @Bryanna for your informative response.

I am writing to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking them that since this application was made in un-awareness of the recent immigration rules can I be eligible for a refund of 100.00 CAD. Just wanted to take your opinion on this one? What do you think, should I write for this refund or not?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

I did recheck. The Code = GBR and in Nationality it says "British Overseas Citizen". That's the reason why I was confused at first. But now I see that no matter what the Code GBR or GBO or there are couple of others too, the rule applied is same. They need ETA and not TRV.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did recheck. The Code = GBR and in Nationality it says "British Overseas Citizen". That's the reason why I was confused at first. But now I see that no matter what the Code GBR or GBO or there are couple of others too, the rule applied is same. They need ETA and not TRV.
GBO = UK British overseas citizen

GBR = UK British citizen

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you @Bryanna for your informative response.

I am writing to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking them that since this application was made in un-awareness of the recent immigration rules can I be eligible for a refund of 100.00 CAD. Just wanted to take your opinion on this one? What do you think, should I write for this refund or not?
You must write to the visa office in your mom's home country. However, I doubt the CAD 100 will be refunded because the visa office had processed her application

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
GBO = UK British overseas citizen

GBR = UK British citizen
I understand what you are saying. But I am telling you as I see it on my mother's passport. Now it's an error on their part or what I dont know.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
You must write to the visa office in your mom's home country. However, I doubt the CAD 100 will be refunded because the visa office had processed her application
Since the application was processed by IRCC, it makes sense to write for refund to them only. However, I agree with you that since they have processed the application (be it whatever outcome) they will not refund.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Since the application was processed by IRCC, it makes sense to write for refund to them only. However, I agree with you that since they have processed the application (be it whatever outcome) they will not refund.
The visa office in your mom's home country + any other global visa offices = IRCC (not only CPC-O) :)