+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 7th Online application done...is it possible to get Canadian Visa before 25th-April

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
Hi...

I have applied visa for myself and my family on 7th -April..
Got confirmation Email for submission for all on 8th-April. In this confirmation message i was asked to send a copy of passport for all, which i sent on 9th-April.
I got my approval for visa application on 11th-April and message was to send original passport within 30days.

Now the problem is My passport submission request is active.....but other family member's application is still under progress (Not yet approved).

I am travelling to US on 1st May for a month....and wish to travel Canada for one week during my stay in US. For which i have applied for visa now.

Do you think in this duration I will get Visas approved and stamped taking into account the time required by CVAC to stamp a visa after approval which is still not available for all the members except me.

I dont want to handover passports to Canadian embassy and end up crossing the day of my flight to US for want of passports.

Also can i send Visa for stamping to Canadian embassy while I am in US on the current application.

Please guide, I am really tensed up.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi...

I have applied visa for myself and my family on 7th -April..
Got confirmation Email for submission for all on 8th-April. In this confirmation message i was asked to send a copy of passport for all, which i sent on 9th-April.
I got my approval for visa application on 11th-April and message was to send original passport within 30days.

Now the problem is My passport submission request is active.....but other family member's application is still under progress (Not yet approved).

I am travelling to US on 1st May for a month....and wish to travel Canada for one week during my stay in US. For which i have applied for visa now.

Do you think in this duration I will get Visas approved and stamped taking into account the time required by CVAC to stamp a visa after approval which is still not available for all the members except me.

I dont want to handover passports to Canadian embassy and end up crossing the day of my flight to US for want of passports.

Also can i send Visa for stamping to Canadian embassy while I am in US on the current application.

Please guide, I am really tensed up.
If you submit your passports today, you will most likely receive them by 20th-23rd, worse case by 26-27. But no one knows for sure. These speculations are true for most of the people.

Also, it depends upon VO to VO, My speculations are based on New Delhi here.

Reactions: rohitsheen

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
But my confusion is can I send all passports today or i need to wait for all individual approval then....i shall submit passports......I not case i want to overshoot 30-April as I am travelling on 1st

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
Well I will be applying at Ahmedabad VFS office and my principal address is of Punjab.....and I assume all applications will go to Delhi for stamping

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You n
But my confusion is can I send all passports today or i need to wait for all individual approval then....i shall submit passports......I not case i want to overshoot 30-April as I am travelling on 1st
Need to wait for approval for every individual

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
You can submit your passport separately, you do not need to wait for everyone’s approval. Also, your application might be at New Delhi or Bangalore. Most of online applications are processed at New Delhi but you need to check that via email.
Also, you have only 30 days to send your PP, so if you do not intend to return from US before 12th May, I guess you should submit your PP immediately.
Again, since it’s friday today, and now submission is only possible on 16th, you will be in a close call. I would suggest you to postpone US for a few days (only if you can afford it) and get done with your Canada visa.
Again, you can take postponing decision 2-3 days before traveling (only if you can afford it).

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
My issue is that my tickets for US for 1st and return on 30th have already been booked and they are non refundable.....

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
Now I feel I have wasted 20K money!!

I checked with VFS guys over phone (customer care) they say it only takes 5 days to get back the visas.

Is it possible that if I submit passports to VFS and send to Delhi.....in worst case if they did not process by 29th-April...i can manually collect from embassy office in Delhi....irrespective of Visa stamped or not. Will they hand over to me in the consulate office if I just walk in there on 30th-April

rohitsheen

Apr 13, 2018
@scylla ......and other notable members....request to advise.

Is it possible that I can handover Passports to Canadian embassy in US (however application is made in India) when I reach US to process my application there citing paucity of time in India.

The travel history scans that I have shared have my tickets to showing upcoming travel plan to US. Will it help. Shall I write to embassy in New Delhi

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
@scylla ......and other notable members....request to advise.

Is it possible that I can handover Passports to Canadian embassy in US (however application is made in India) when I reach US to process my application there citing paucity of time in India.

The travel history scans that I have shared have my tickets to showing upcoming travel plan to US. Will it help. Shall I write to embassy in New Delhi
Yes you can submit the passport to any embassy or consulate. You just need to take the letter with you that shows you are approved.

I had submitted my wife's travel visa application from the US. I did it online however, we did not get the approval in time so she had to go back to India. Once she got the approval, she got the visa stamped in India.

pb999

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Moncton,NB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
got passport request on 4 april and submitted passport on 5th april till today. in process

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
got passport request on 4 april and submitted passport on 5th april till today. in process
From which VFS did you submit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Can you please share your views about my situation!!!
VFS India will not accept the passports of your family members if they have not received passport request letters.

Your processed passport with the visa will be returned well before your flight to the US. I would include copies of the confirmed flights + a letter requesting for expedited visa stamping when you submit your passport to VFS Delhi.

I wouldn't risk submitting the passport in the US because it is a bit complicated, not a straightforward process like it is for VFS India. BTW you must submit your passport to the nearest VFS, not necessarily to VFS Delhi