+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 family sponsorship outland

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi no. Nothing yet. All I had was a “ghost update” on friday. How about you?
i havent got any update yet.. But few folsk for invitiation letter.

could you pls share

1. your timeline
2. what was the biometric status in new PR status tracker portal since you linked the PR application ( looks like this matters)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

could you pls share

1. your timeline
2. what was the biometric status in new PR status tracker portal since you linked the PR application ( looks like this matters)
Just a FYI - sometimes, in the new PR portal, the biometrics will keep showing "in-progress' status, while the GC-Key portal (aka IRCC secure account)
will tell you exactly when they accepted/uploaded your biometrics and its file number. As soon as you can link your file/uci number to the ircc secure account, please do that. Once again - no single portal will give you accurate info - atleast that's what i have experienced. But combination of these will give you a good idea of what stages your application has already passed.

All the best.

Reactions: moliKT

Saf77

Sep 4, 2023
Sponsor Canadian citizens
PA: india
App submitted: 28 April’23
AOR: 8 june
Eligibility status has been updated to In progress on 6th June
And on 18th July got an update on pr tracker “
We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary” but didn’t get any mail regarding that update
Ghost update on 8 aug
Since then there’s no update yet
No representatives only sponsors email has been given for both sponsor n PA

Last edited:
Reactions: lubnaamahidaa

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023

could you pls share

1. your timeline
Hi,
I applied April 17th, and the biometrics status in the PR tracker states complete. And on the IRCC account it has his biometrics.
I guess the Visa office taking care of your file is just slow. You can try calling IRCC to inquire about it.( Atleast ask why you have not received anything yet)

lubnaamahidaa

Sep 7, 2023
I applied as a sponser for my husband who lives in India (outland sponshership). It has been almost 6 months since we have submitted the application and we have not received biometrics mail yet. Can anyone help us, or is this also happening with you as well?

Applied: April 29 2023
Sponsership: Outland (India)
Activity status updated: In Progress - July 6 2023
Ghost update: August 8 2023.
We also received an update saying “ We sent you a message about your application. Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.” (July 18, 2023) But have not received any mail or update regarding that!

Reactions: Saf77

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I applied as a sponser for my husband who lives in India (outland sponshership). It has been almost 6 months since we have submitted the application and we have not received biometrics mail yet. Can anyone help us, or is this also happening with you as well?

We also received an update saying “ We sent you a message about your application. Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.” (July 18, 2023) But have not received any mail or update regarding that!
Few things you can do yourself:
#1- Call CIC TODAY!!!! You must know what happened? Has your application returned...they need to tell you.
#2- Check application form - which email addresses you gave for contact? check spam folders of those emails.
#3- apply for GCMS notes right away. will cost you $5. It will tell you what actually has been done on the application.
#4- You applied online? Did you get the link to download all your submitted forms? Its there on the portal. Open that link, and check each form for:
i- are all forms signed correctly - by you/your spouse?
ii- are there any missing info?
If you find any mistakes/missing info- missing signature - REDO the form. save it in pdf and attach it to a webform and send it. If you got your file no. then always quote that, if not, then use your passport and dob.

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021

If you have a GCKEY account, I recommend checking there as you may have received the biometrics instruction letter in that account. If not, you should call and ask for application status.

Jas07

Apr 21, 2023
Few things you can do yourself:
#1- Call CIC TODAY!!!! You must know what happened? Has your application returned...they need to tell you.
#2- Check application form - which email addresses you gave for contact? check spam folders of those emails.
#3- apply for GCMS notes right away. will cost you $5. It will tell you what actually has been done on the application.
#4- You applied online? Did you get the link to download all your submitted forms? Its there on the portal. Open that link, and check each form for:
i- are all forms signed correctly - by you/your spouse?
ii- are there any missing info?
If you find any mistakes/missing info- missing signature - REDO the form. save it in pdf and attach it to a webform and send it. If you got your file no. then always quote that, if not, then use your passport and dob.
@InfoSeeker12 : Does sending revised form after submission and receiving AOR works??...Will IRCC consider revised form or we have to wait for additional document request?

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Application Submitted: 29th April
AOR: 30th June
Gckey linked: 30th June
Biometrics: 06 July
SA: 07 July
Biometrics Completed: 11 July
Medical Completed: 30 July
Pre Arrival email: 08 Sept
Eligibility Completed: 08 Sept
Any Idea when can I expect PPR ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
@InfoSeeker12 : Does sending revised form after submission and receiving AOR works??...Will IRCC consider revised form or we have to wait for additional document request?
Depends on so many things, but mainly if cic officer has seen it before you and checked the file and marked it for return or not yet.
I have recently seen a case here where someone got an AOR - and then a month or two later their file was returned. (i wish i could copy and paste the link, it happened within the last 2-3 weeks - someone from India reported this incident).

So my point is - if you see something obvious - missing signature, absolute incorrect info etc etc...pre-empting a correction should help and may avoid return of your file (but can't say it with certainty).

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Got update:

Sponsor: PR
PA: India
Submitted: 24 April 2023
AOR: 28 June 2023
BIL: 29 June 2023
SA: 30 June 2023
Biometrics done: 4 July 2023
Med Req: 5 July 2023
Med Passed: 27 July 2023
Final decision in gckey: 8 Sep 2023
Pre arrival: 9 Sep 2023
PPR: 11 Sep 2023

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Got update:

Sponsor: PR
PA: India
Submitted: 24 April 2023
AOR: 28 June 2023
BIL: 29 June 2023
SA: 30 June 2023
Biometrics done: 4 July 2023
Med Req: 5 July 2023
Med Passed: 27 July 2023
Final decision in gckey: 8 Sep 2023
Pre arrival: 9 Sep 2023
PPR: 11 Sep 2023
5....FIVE MONTHS!!!! CONGRATS MAN!!

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
5....FIVE MONTHS!!!! CONGRATS MAN!!
Thanks bruh. I hope you and everyone else waiting here get their PPR soon.

I have one more question: Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? I also had a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application in progress, and the eligibility for the TRV was completed on September 6th. Now that I've received the spouse sponsorship Passport Request (PPR) first, does anyone know what will happen with my TRV application? How can I go about withdrawing the TRV application?