+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

VSagar823

Jul 12, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need some advice on what I should do next. I took the citizenship test on July 7, 2023 and it has been updated to Completed on the same day. Since then, there's been no update. I have to attend my brother's wedding in April 2024. Assuming that 6-8 months after the test is updated is the average time for a ceremony invite; I need to attend the oath ceremony, receive the passport, surrender my Indian passport and apply for a Visitor's Visa. All this would take time, and I am not sure it'll be completed in time to catch the flight.

Would my request be approved if I request to reschedule my Oath ceremony? Any advice or support threads are appreciated. TIA.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need some advice on what I should do next. I took the citizenship test on July 7, 2023 and it has been updated to Completed on the same day. Since then, there's been no update. I have to attend my brother's wedding in April 2024. Assuming that 6-8 months after the test is updated is the average time for a ceremony invite; I need to attend the oath ceremony, receive the passport, surrender my Indian passport and apply for a Visitor's Visa. All this would take time, and I am not sure it'll be completed in time to catch the flight.

Would my request be approved if I request to reschedule my Oath ceremony? Any advice or support threads are appreciated. TIA.
Urgent passport you can get within days and evisa comes in 24 hours. You should not try for reschedule as that may push the date down by many months or IRCC main not accept your reschedule request and mark it as a no show.

Reactions: VSagar823

somcan18

Sep 18, 2023
Wanted to take advise from Pro, we filed online as family application. I have received my passport but my partners one still pending and stuck. I have raised GCMS notes and called multiple time but no progress on her .This is impacting us for planning for any travel.
primary location : Sydney
secondary location : Niagra

timeline :
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1698
Application: family
Application sent: 2023-04-10
AOR: 2023-05-02
Background complete: 2023-06-02
Test complete: 2023-06-28
Ghost update 2023-10-27
Interview date:
Language:
Prohibitions:
Physical Presence:
Oath ceremony

Please suggest what to do

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Wanted to take advise from Pro, we filed online as family application. I have received my passport but my partners one still pending and stuck. I have raised GCMS notes and called multiple time but no progress on her .This is impacting us for planning for any travel.
primary location : Sydney
secondary location : Niagra

timeline :
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1698
Application: family
Application sent: 2023-04-10
AOR: 2023-05-02
Background complete: 2023-06-02
Test complete: 2023-06-28
Ghost update 2023-10-27
Interview date:
Language:
Prohibitions:
Physical Presence:
Oath ceremony

Please suggest what to do
Not much can be done as the timeline is well within the processing time. Once LPP completes there are ways to ask for update. Till then you have to wait patiently.

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
thanks
you mean within 18 months timeline, anything we can request to expedite as this is family application?
Now normal process time is 15 months, so if not finalize within 15 months, then you can contact IRCC through webform, MP etc, but in this situation just wait patiently, can't do much else.

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
Update:

Type: Citizenship Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-30
Delivered: 2023-04-30
AOR: 2023-05-23

June 29: Citizenship Test updated to In Progress
July 11: Citizenship Test completed
July 13: Citizenship test marked completed in Tracker.

Jan 24: Language and Physical presence completed

Background: Still In progress

Prohibition: Still In progress

Nothing after that, as of today.

lancekuo

Dec 15, 2019
Update:

Type: Citizenship Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-30
AOR: 2023-05-23

June 29: Citizenship Test updated to In Progress
July 11: Citizenship Test completed
July 13: Citizenship test marked completed in Tracker.

Jan 24: Language and Physical presence completed

Background: Still In progress

Prohibition: Still In progress

Nothing after that, as of today.
Glad to see some progress on the remaining applications.
Similar timeline to you and still waiting for LPP to be completed

Reactions: faisalyaakhan

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
I logged in this morning and saw that my tracker was updated (Jan 11). They have scheduled us for an interview with official on Feb 1… last real update on my file was July 10, 2023 when citizenship test was marked as completed…I have no clue what this interview is about but hopefully it’ll get things moving.
I had my in person interview at Scarborough office on February 1. My LPP was completed on the same day as the interview (saw the update this morning on my tracker). ECAS status is also showing Decision Made.
Admin, can you please update the google tracker? Thanks much

Jan 29, 2024
I had my in person interview at Scarborough office on February 1. My LPP was completed on the same day as the interview (saw the update this morning on my tracker). ECAS status is also showing Decision Made.
Hi, congrats... just wanted to know what was the questions they asked you in the interview.. can you give us your experience.

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi, congrats... just wanted to know what was the questions they asked you in the interview.. can you give us your experience.
Thank you!
They asked me the following questions:
1. Where do you work and how long have you been working there?
2. When was the last time you left Canada and where did you go?
3. How long did you stay?
4. Have you been charged with any criminal offences?
5. Do you still live at [my address]?
After I responded to those questions, he said congratulations your application is approved and you will receive an email with instructions about the oath ceremony.

Last edited:
Reactions: vmax12
Jan 29, 2024
Thank you very much for your response.

Reactions: Tiffyc88