+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

cohen1992

Jan 14, 2018
I've been keeping up with this forum for quite some time. I encountered a few problems with my file. I submitted my application on April 8, 2023, and for an extended period, I didn't receive my Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). I waited patiently, but when I reached my limit, I decided to call IRCC three times. On each occasion, I was informed that they couldn't locate my file in their system. The last agent I spoke to escalated the issue to the relevant department. Then, on June 19, 2023, I finally received my AOR.

Here is the activity history for my citizenship file:

My test invite office was: Scarborough

Jun 19, 2023 - Application filed
Jul 6, 2023 - Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Jul 7, 2023 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 14, 2023 - Scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 14, 2023 and August 3, 2023.
Jul 19, 2023 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

I had ghost update on October 27 and 28.

Everything in my application appears to be marked as completed, except for the Citizenship Ceremony.

Could someone please provide some insight into how much longer I'll need to wait for the oath-taking ceremony?

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
I've been keeping up with this forum for quite some time. I encountered a few problems with my file. I submitted my application on April 8, 2023, and for an extended period, I didn't receive my Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). I waited patiently, but when I reached my limit, I decided to call IRCC three times. On each occasion, I was informed that they couldn't locate my file in their system. The last agent I spoke to escalated the issue to the relevant department. Then, on June 19, 2023, I finally received my AOR.

Here is the activity history for my citizenship file:

My test invite office was: Scarborough

Jun 19, 2023 - Application filed
Jul 6, 2023 - Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Jul 7, 2023 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 14, 2023 - Scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 14, 2023 and August 3, 2023.
Jul 19, 2023 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
Oct 26, 2023 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

I had ghost update on October 27 and 28.

Everything in my application appears to be marked as completed, except for the Citizenship Ceremony.

Could someone please provide some insight into how much longer I'll need to wait for the oath-taking ceremony?
Most people are reporting waiting between 1-2 weeks between LPP and oath invite. See this tracker to see others’ experience.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit?pli=1#gid=122463273

Reactions: cohen1992

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
You will get another email shortly (2-3 days) with the oath invite letter.

You can create the IRCC portal account now.
Thanks a lot ! I just created my account but am unable to create my kids accounts as the "invite code" for both of them is exactly the same as mine. I had given my email id only for both of them for correspondence in the citizenship application so it's now not allowing me to create their IRCC accounts to be able to download their certificates.

Am I doing something wrong ? I mean do we need separate IRCC accounts for all family members to download their e-certificates or just 1 will do ?

Appreciate all the help !

Goga86

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney->Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
04-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
Thanks a lot ! I just created my account but am unable to create my kids accounts as the "invite code" for both of them is exactly the same as mine. I had given my email id only for both of them for correspondence in the citizenship application so it's now not allowing me to create their IRCC accounts to be able to download their certificates.

Am I doing something wrong ? I mean do we need separate IRCC accounts for all family members to download their e-certificates or just 1 will do ?

Appreciate all the help !
you can download eCert for everyone from one account

Reactions: amarchcan

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Now that the LPP is completed, how long does it take to start and get anything on oath ceremony. LPP completed on Oct 25th. Ceremony not yet started. Paper application.
I think it is random, but usually 2-3 weeks. I think it also depends on each situation. In my case, my test was completed and my BG check was blocking until they asked for FPs. Once they received the FPs all moved pretty fast: LPP complete on Oct,25th and oath ceremony on November, 6th. Good luck anyway! :)

Reactions: canadian23

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Most people are reporting waiting between 1-2 weeks between LPP and oath invite. See this tracker to see others’ experience.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit?pli=1#gid=122463273
I had the same thing happen to me. Waited in that limbo space back in April not knowing whether to expect an AOR or a returned package via Canada Post. Nothing. It wasn't until I applied for the gcms notes that I finally started seeing some action on the file.

Unfortunately, it seems as if I am stuck yet again. While I got the GU on Oct. 27th nothing has changed in my profile.

I am still waiting for LPP to change and the oath to have started. While I am happy for the people getting through in August and September, it is a little disheartening for those like myself who have been waiting especially those waiting from 2022.

I hope they fix the system soon so that even if it does take 12 months for routing applications there is a clear and transparent process.

I applied for gcms notes on Oct. 16th, the last time i applied for those notes it took them 1 month to respond.

Reactions: ta123

cohen1992

Jan 14, 2018

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
I became a Canadian citizen few months ago and my wife is an Indian citizen. She will stay on Indian citizenship for few more years. We applied for our 2 minor kid's citizenship recently. Since the application is just for minors, will the entire process take the same time or can we expect it to be quicker?
My minor kid's application has been in progress since April 2023. Meanwhile my husband, who applied one week before him got his citizenship in September

savik

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all.. I completed my oath on September 6th. Got my e certificate the next day and also got my passport few days later. My tracker says oath still in progress. Just wondering how long after oath does it update to completed? May be it doesn’t matter. Im not sure

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My BG check was in limbo for 3 months. It showed as completed yesterday, while LPP were still in progress. However, I checked ecas just now and it says 'Decision Made'. I went back to the tracker and LPP is still in progress. Has anyone been there? What do I make of this?

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
Hi Everyone,

My BG check was in limbo for 3 months. It showed as completed yesterday, while LPP were still in progress. However, I checked ecas just now and it says 'Decision Made'. I went back to the tracker and LPP is still in progress. Has anyone been there? What do I make of this?
I have read in a few places that the tracker is not that accurate. Some people have even taken their oath and the tracker shows their LPP still in progress! So don't worry I would say :)
Regarding your background check, do you mind saying if it took long due to Finger Print request or it got into security? I have been waiting for 4 months and still nothing. Stuck in security.

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I have read in a few places that the tracker is not that accurate. Some people have even taken their oath and the tracker shows their LPP still in progress! So don't worry I would say :)
Regarding your background check, do you mind saying if it took long due to Finger Print request or it got into security? I have been waiting for 4 months and still nothing. Stuck in security.
I got an FP request in June and submitted them the very next day. However IRCC didn't bother to make any changes to my application until 31st Oct. The tracker was showing that they are waiting for my FP even though 3 months had passed since I submitted them. and then suddenly yesterday it changed to FP received and BG completed.

Reactions: ta123

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
so are you suggesting that as per ecas my application is completed and I can relax? no need to pay attention to tracker status at all?

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
so are you suggesting that as per ecas my application is completed and I can relax? no need to pay attention to tracker status at all?
Yes! This is what I am saying. There is a delay between the actual status on the application and what the tracker shows. At least I have read about it from many people.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Yes, you will see in the tracker in 1-2 days that all is green, and that your oath has been scheduled. It happened to me two days back (Decision made in 'ECAS' and 48 hours later all was green in my tracker)