27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
My wife and kid's application:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1128
Application: Family(3)
Application sent: April 1, 2023
Delivered: April 11, 2023 (thank you Canada Post for the great express service ;))
AOR: June 05, 2023
In Process: June 19, 2023
Background Complete: September 01, 2023
GU: October 27, 2023
Citizenship invite: ---
Citizenship Complete: ---
LPP: ---
Oath: ---

RajeshGG

May 3, 2023
I became a Canadian citizen few months ago and my wife is an Indian citizen. She will stay on Indian citizenship for few more years. We applied for our 2 minor kid's citizenship recently. Since the application is just for minors, will the entire process take the same time or can we expect it to be quicker?

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
I became a Canadian citizen few months ago and my wife is an Indian citizen. She will stay on Indian citizenship for few more years. We applied for our 2 minor kid's citizenship recently. Since the application is just for minors, will the entire process take the same time or can we expect it to be quicker?
I am not sure about different processing speed for minors. However, lately, processing has been 3-5 months.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, what does ghost update mean? I've just checked my tracker and i saw a ghost update.
My LLP is in progress. My background verification passed on Oct 19. Test already completed.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys, what does ghost update mean? I've just checked my tracker and i saw a ghost update.
My LLP is in progress. My background verification passed on Oct 19. Test already completed.
Change in date on the top right hand side corner without change in status of any activies.

Reactions: td88

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
is there anyone with the oath ceremony scheduled soon? if yes, when is the ceremony and did you already receive the invitation email? Mine is next Monday, and didn't get yet any email :)

EDIT: Just received the invitation email one for after posting this :)

Last edited:

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Another recipient of ghost update with no actual change... :(Last update: Citizenship Test completed on 9-Aug-23(Background completed much earlier).

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Now that the LPP is completed, how long does it take to start and get anything on oath ceremony. LPP completed on Oct 25th. Ceremony not yet started. Paper application.

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
So I just (finally !) received 4 separate emails for all my family members on "Instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate)" with a pdf asking to create account on IRCC portal. ECAS shows "decision made" but tracker still shows citizenship ceremony as "Not Started" everything else has turned green.

Can someone please help me with the correct sequence of events to expect, going forward ?

How soon should I expect the Oath Letter / Ceremony ?

Do I create IRCC portal accounts now or after we receive OATH LETTER or after the OATH CEREMONY ?

THANKS !!!

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
So I just (finally !) received 4 separate emails for all my family members on "Instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate)" with a pdf asking to create account on IRCC portal. ECAS shows "decision made" but tracker still shows citizenship ceremony as "Not Started" everything else has turned green.

Can someone please help me with the correct sequence of events to expect, going forward ?

How soon should I expect the Oath Letter / Ceremony ?

Do I create IRCC portal accounts now or after we receive OATH LETTER or after the OATH CEREMONY ?

THANKS !!!
You will get another email shortly (2-3 days) with the oath invite letter.

You can create the IRCC portal account now.

Reactions: amarchcan