+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone, is it BackGround verification the longest process? This morning tracker showed Completed, i think they've received my confirmation of FingerPrint from the Commissionaire. Do you guys have an estimation for LPP after Background check is done?
Thanks a bunch
LPP and background checks run in parallel, so LPP could come very soon. LPP is normally completed at around 4 months after your test regardless of when your background checks were completed. Nobody can accurately estimate when LPP will turn green for you as it depends on whether CSIS / CBSA are doing more in depth checks etc.

• Love
Reactions: td88 and ta123

td88

Aug 8, 2019
LPP and background checks run in parallel, so LPP could come very soon. LPP is normally completed at around 4 months after your test regardless of when your background checks were completed. Nobody can accurately estimate when LPP will turn green for you as it depends on whether CSIS / CBSA are doing more in depth checks etc.
My application has started from Apr 8. Hopefully i can get Citizenship this year. Thank you.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi everyone, is it BackGround verification the longest process? This morning tracker showed Completed, i think they've received my confirmation of FingerPrint from the Commissionaire. Do you guys have an estimation for LPP after Background check is done?
Thanks a bunch
I called yesterday to verify whether they received my FPs (sent on 23rd, Sept), and the agent told me that they have received it and it is already completed (I guess the agent referred to BG?), but it is still does not show on my tracker.. When did your FP were received and when it showed as received on tracker?

Coming back to your question, I think it is random, but sometimes once the BG check has been in hold and FP are received, having LPP is quite fast..

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
mmm...for my wife, LPP cleared nearly 3 weeks after her test, but I agree in that nobody can accurately (or even roughly) estimate when LPP will turn green :)

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
I called yesterday to verify whether they received my FPs (sent on 23rd, Sept), and the agent told me that they have received it and it is already completed (I guess the agent referred to BG?), but it is still does not show on my tracker.. When did your FP were received and when it showed as received on tracker?

Coming back to your question, I think it is random, but sometimes once the BG check has been in hold and FP are received, having LPP is quite fast..
Finger print request or received never showed on my tracker. As long as it is completed it is good
My background completed to oath is literally less than 2 weeks

td88

Aug 8, 2019

Hey, I did a fingerprint with third party (The Commissionaire) on Sep 28, 2023, They told me the FP would be delivered within 4-6 weeks from Sep 28. I check tracker everyday. And today (Oct 19) the Background show completed but the day they update the tracker was Oct17 and they received my FP on Oct16. I think when they receive your FP from the designated FP collector, they just mark it as completed/passed. Now it's time they calculate the physical presence (which is fast too), check my English score/ Canadian Diploma and lastly Prohibitions. I hope this shall pass soon. Been in Canada 7 years straight and waiting for this moment.

Last edited:

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
Thanks a bunch
My BG was completed on July 15, still LPP is not clear, so you can guess !! IRCC is keeping us on waiting game !!

• Sad
Reactions: td88

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hey, I did a fingerprint with third party (The Commissionaire) on Sep 28, 2023, They told me the FP would be delivered within 4-6 weeks from Sep 28. I check tracker everyday. And today (Oct 19) the Background show completed but the day they update the tracker was Oct17 and they received my FP on Oct16. I think when they receive your FP from the designated FP collector, they just mark it as completed/passed. Now it's time they calculate the physical presence (which is fast too), check my English score/ Canadian Diploma and lastly Prohibitions. I hope this shall pass soon. Been in Canada 7 years straight and waiting for this moment.
Similar timeline, I did FP on Sept,23rd and Background showed completed today (20-Oct). So just LPP remaining.. :)

• Love
Reactions: td88