+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
hi all,

my ECAS has updated to "Decision made". When I click on the "Decision made" link to see the details, it still shows that "we started processing your application on xx". My online tracker has no updates yet. Has someone been in the same situation? and do you know what that means? Thanks!
wait for couple of days and online tracker will reflect this.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question

I'm living in Halifax, NS, i've received a FingerPrint request on August 28, 2023 and test invitation from Sep 05 to Sep 25. When i came to RCMP Halifax, they told me that i should go to Commissionaire because it's way faster compare to 3-4month if i did it at RCMP. I booked an appointment with Commissionaire, and the earliest day was SEP 28, and the result would be sent within 5weeks from Sep28.

I did a test on Sep 24 and passed
Then i read a Finger Print request letter again, it stated that I should give FP to them within 30days. So i was late at least 30days + 5 weeks. Right now there's an exclamation mark next to my "next step", i guess they're waiting for the Fingerprint.

Background verification in progress
Physical presence in progress
Language skill in progress
Prohibitions in progress
Citizenship test Completed

I don't know if it's slowing down my application. I even called IRCC and let them know that I'd be late for FP submission, they put a note in my application. I also sent a webform to let them know. At this point, I couldn't ask for more, because i did what i could do.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

KathyMF

Oct 1, 2023
Update:

The interview went very well. Mostly questions about travel history (I’ve spent a significant time in the UK). Ceremony should be scheduled for 4-6 weeks from now.

Dear admin team!
Please update the tracker with my application.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application: Single.
Application sent: April 19th.
Delivered: April 19th
AOR: May 12, 2023.
Background Check Complete: June 12th, 2023.
Citizenship Test Invite: June 15th, 2023.
Citizenship Test Taken: June 23rd, 2023.
Citizenship Test Passed/Completed: June 26th, 2023.
Interview invitation: September 30th, 2023.
Interview date: October 17th, 2023.
LPP: In progress
Oath: Not started

Thank you:)
Dear admin team!
Please update the tracker with my application.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application: Single.
Application sent: April 19th.
Delivered: April 19th
AOR: May 12, 2023.
Background Check Complete: June 12th, 2023.
Citizenship Test Invite: June 15th, 2023.
Citizenship Test Taken: June 23rd, 2023.
Citizenship Test Passed/Completed: June 26th, 2023.
Interview invitation: September 30th, 2023.
Interview date: October 17th, 2023.
LPP: In progress
Oath: Not started

Thank you:)

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
For those April applicants still waiting their application to move. I just spoke to an IRCC agent and my fingerprints (requested in Sept,22nd) have been already submitted and checked. Nevertheless, I do not see any update in my tracker since September, 26th. The agent told me that all is good and it is just matter of waiting (as all the rest of the immigration journey lol)

Reactions: yoge and ta123

TGC

Oct 18, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I need advise. I was to have my oath ceremony today. I joined the zoom meeting and the host called me in but while waiting to be put in a breakout room, i got timed out and kicked out of the meeting entirely. I tried joining again and this time it started host has not started the meeting yet….
I have since emailed the office (Niagara) but i do not know what else to do. I am so confused, anxious and upset that i just missed it.