+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Looks like a lot of crowd for a boat!
same story... I got a FP request in June followed by a citizenship test email in a few days. Everything seemed to go well until then. Submitted my fingerprints immediately and IRCC is still waiting for my fingerprint results from RCMP. BGC and LPP in progress with no updates since July!
Same, they have received FP on July 9 and reviewing it since then, everything is IP except test completed

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Same, they have received FP on July 9 and reviewing it since then, everything is IP except test completed
I am a June, 2023applicant and was searching the forum for fingerprints received but BG not cleared. I am in a similar situation, 3 weeks have passed since they received my fingerprints but my BG is still in progress. The tracker says they will review the fingerprints shortly. No idea what does shortly mean, one week, one month or what. I am worried that I am in for a looong wait now. My test is already passed. Looks like the only thing I can do is to wait and watch. I do not have any complicated travel or immigration history. Travelled outside canada only once.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
I am a June, 2023applicant and was searching the forum for fingerprints received but BG not cleared. I am in a similar situation, 3 weeks have passed since they received my fingerprints but my BG is still in progress. The tracker says they will review the fingerprints shortly. No idea what does shortly mean, one week, one month or what. I am worried that I am in for a looong wait now. My test is already passed. Looks like the only thing I can do is to wait and watch. I do not have any complicated travel or immigration history. Travelled outside canada only once.
I know right! I do have some extensive travel history but that shouldn't be the reason for delay, I have heard it is related to common name or if name is matching with flagged names in their database that could cause delay but again nothing is concrete it's just word of mouth and very frustrating, we can't do anything just sit back and wait!

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I know right! I do have some extensive travel history but that shouldn't be the reason for delay, I have heard it is related to common name or if name is matching with flagged names in their database that could cause delay but again nothing is concrete it's just word of mouth and very frustrating, we can't do anything just sit back and wait!
I feel like sending a message to them through webform and asking clarification on what is the meaning of “we will review it shortly” what’s the timeline lol. I don’t know why a government agency uses such vague terminology.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
I feel like sending a message to them through webform and asking clarification on what is the meaning of “we will review it shortly” what’s the timeline lol. I don’t know why a government agency uses such vague terminology.
Been there done that lol, called them, raised a webform, the only reply I got was 'my application is under normal processing times i.e. 27 months' but yes when I called IRCC the agent was nice enough to tell me that Security part of BG is completed and Criminal is being reviewed and that was 1.5 months ago, however it is not guarantee that all the agents will give us such information they are very moody, so I suggest just give them a call and build a rapport and probably an agent can provide little more information than what is available on our tracker.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
does it appear in the tracker when they request FP and when they receive them?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I have sent multiple webform emails, called IRCC too.. all they say is we got confirmation that you submitted the fingerprints to RCMP but we did not get the results yet or something to that effect. RCMP replied that they sent my results on 13th July. I fear that the results were misplaced or something.
I had the same issue. IRCC/RCMP email/calls and nothing worked and I wasted 2 months. Then I decided to send again and it worked.

Reactions: Hamidfm92

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I recently signed into my account for Citizenship tracker and I got the take the Oath of Citizenship for October 17, 2023. But I have not received any email or post mail about affirmation of oath. Do any of you have the same issue. is this normal. Like on the tracker page it says under application history September 23, 2023 it says scheduled for Citizenship oath. Please advice

Last edited: