+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
so for those receiving LPP these days, which is more or less the timeline after test marked as complete? This whole process seems so random.... My test was marked as completed August 7th, but still background is not complete (no FP request whatsoever)... On the other hand, my wife file shows as BG complete and Test completed August, 30th...

Reactions: hamo9ody and Elyas1

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
so for those receiving LPP these days, which is more or less the timeline after test marked as complete? This whole process seems so random.... My test was marked as completed August 7th, but still background is not complete (no FP request whatsoever)... On the other hand, my wife file shows as BG complete and Test completed August, 30th...
The process is indeed random - Our tests were marked complete on July 18th and 24th but zero movement after that.

Korenzo

Feb 26, 2019
RCMP sent my BG check results to IRCC on 10th July. But IRCC says they haven't received anything from RCMP until now. clearly the results have been lost (may be by Canada post). Anyone know what can be done in this situation?
Did my fingerprints on June 5th. IRCC said they didn’t receive it and sent me a final request for FP letter on august 2. I sent the proof that I had already done the FP. Still my status never changed. I finally gave in and did another FP yesterday. Hopefullly IRCC received and updated my status.

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Hi all, been lurking in this forum for a bit. Here is my timeline.

Physical presence days: 1100

Applied Online from Toronto - April 23, 2023

AOR from Sydney - May 17, 2023

Fingerprint request from Vancouver - June 22, 2023

Scheduled for Citizenship test from Scarborough - June 23, 2023

Fingerprints submitted - July 5, 2023

Citizenship test done - July 7, 2023

Citizenship test status updated to completed - July 10, 2023

Fingerprints received - July 19, 2023

Background check status updated to completed - July 20, 2023

So this is a bit strange - there have been no further updates on my tracker about LPP or Ceremony but I received an invitation to take my virtual oath on September 22nd this morning. This whole application process seems so random, even the tracker seems to be pointless now.
Also Scarborough and my timeline up to background check is about a month ahead of yours and no LPP yet. Based on the tracker sheet, LPP should be done by middle October to beginning Nov for most.

N0cturN4L

Sep 8, 2023
Also Scarborough and my timeline up to background check is about a month ahead of yours and no LPP yet. Based on the tracker sheet, LPP should be done by middle October to beginning Nov for most.
I’m guessing my LPP was completed in the last couple of days and I immediately got assigned for an oath ceremony. Because my tracker still does not show that LPP is complete, or that oath is in progress. This must depend on how individual officers process applications, they might not have an actual protocol to follow or a set number of days between different stages of an application. Just makes predicting things based on other similar applications very difficult. I’ll wait to see if my tracker updates anytime soon and report back in case anyone is interested.

Reactions: Elyas1

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How this works ? I thought my office is hamilton but hot test from Niagra ? Is this that I follow time line of Niagra office ?
Also what is next step

hdcho

Dec 10, 2015
New Update: Language, Physical presence, and Prohibitions completed

Citizeship ceremony is still ‘Not started’ and on Status Tracker, the Update date shows as August 19, 2023. I didn’t receive any email for these updates and only found out through my routine check.

• Aug 17, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 17, 2023
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 17, 2023
    Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
NEW UPDATE:

Oath Letter Date: September 8, 2023
Oath Ceremony: September 20, 2023 (in person - Mississauga)

Website tracker doesn’t have these updates yet, and Citizenship Ceremony section is still ‘Not started‘, but I suspect it will update in the following few days.

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
I've just received an email with instructions for downloading the electronic citizenship certificate today, but the tracker hasn't upgraded yet. Still shows not started on the tracker. I hope I'll receive the oat ceremony date soon.

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
I've just received an email with instructions for downloading the electronic citizenship certificate today, but the tracker hasn't upgraded yet. Still shows not started on the tracker. I hope I'll receive the oat ceremony date soon.
I think its normal. I got all invite/ instruction but tracket is still showing “not started”

mmuaawia

Aug 21, 2015
Lol Same thing, I saw earlier that you and I have the same timelines. I think we should have the oath request soon

Reactions: Znkdgn