+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Happens to many where the tracker update no longer happens. Is it in-person or on zoom?
Did you child also receive an invite for oath?
Hi. Yes. Each of us got email. Online. can you advise? Does my child need to attend? I can put 80, 81, 82 as seat numbers? Thank you.

Last edited:

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Hi. I got ceremony invite today from Niagara.

But tracker is not updated. Is it normal?

Also. We are family of 3. Does my child (under 14) need to take oath with us together? Can i cut out my child’s PR card on the behalf?

thank you.
is your child's timelines similar to yours? I applied online for my kid and received AOR on May 16th and nothing after that, my husband's AOR was May 12th and is scheduled for oath on Sept 9th. Kinda worried about my kid's application

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Do we need to apply for Canadian Passport first or surrender Indian Passport first? and When to apply for OCI?
Attend Oath, Get Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Apply for Canadian Passport, Receive Canadian Passport, Surrender Indian Passport, Receive Surrender Letter, Apply for OCI, Receive OCI.

AFAIK, it has to be in this order and the steps are sequential, i.e they have to be done in that order one after the other.

S.Nanda

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov-08-2018
Attend Oath, Get Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Apply for Canadian Passport, Receive Canadian Passport, Surrender Indian Passport, Receive Surrender Letter, Apply for OCI, Receive OCI.

AFAIK, it has to be in this order and the steps are sequential, i.e they have to be done in that order one after the other.
Thanks

Reactions: AnonyKaty

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
RCMP sent my BG check results to IRCC on 10th July. But IRCC says they haven't received anything from RCMP until now. clearly the results have been lost (may be by Canada post). Anyone know what can be done in this situation?

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
How much is the current waiting time (approximate) from BG completed to LPP completed for April 2023 group ? Or gap between Test Completion to LPP ? Or Test Completion to Oath invite ? Thanks for the answers in advance. I'm not able to interpret the entries in the spreadsheet.

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
How much is the current waiting time (approximate) from BG completed to LPP completed for April 2023 group ? Or gap between Test Completion to LPP ? Or Test Completion to Oath invite ? Thanks for the answers in advance. I'm not able to interpret the entries in the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=1723141943
sheet: Processing Time Comparison.
BG completed is usually about 7-10 days before test invite. But don't stick to test dates, this may be misleading. AOR-BG-LLP is a better timeline approximation,

Reactions: amarchcan

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Below are approximate earliest average processing times from my view.
BG to Test -> 2 to 4 weeks
Test to LPP -> 6 to 7 weeks
LPP to oath -> 1 to 2 weeks

Reactions: amarchcan

harman27

Jul 26, 2017
Hi members i hope you all are doing great. Wanted to know i have 10grade from india which was done in English medium school i have 12grade also which was done in hindi medium. I am planning to apply my citizenship next month however there is confusion going on with me can i show my 10 grade to filing my citizenship? Minimum requirement is 4band to file citizenship, ielts or other English programs gonna be my second option but wanna figure out i can add my 10grade also? Which was in english? Any help?

Goga86

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney->Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
04-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
Below are approximate earliest average processing times from my view.
BG to Test -> 2 to 4 weeks
Test to LPP -> 6 to 7 weeks
LPP to oath -> 1 to 2 weeks
My wife waiting for the test more than 2 month after BG Completed