+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jul 26, 2023
They are part of your background checks. Did you see it in ATIP notes? Why are you asking?
Yeah, I have read it online. I am asking what these checks are? Are they gonna check it with every country I had immigration status to! Coz I had it with more than 20 countries (visit/work). And worried it might delay my application.
I searched online but couldn’t find any information about it.

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Please update my application in the tracker

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single.
Application sent: April 1st.
Delivered: April 1st
AOR: May 5, 2023.
Background Check Complete: June 29, 2023.
Citizenship Test Invite: August 18, 2023.
Citizenship Test Taken: August 27, 2023.

Anyone in the same boat? How long till they post the result? what is the next stage towards oath ?
For the test to be marked completed, it might take couple of days but as you know processing offices handling things differently. Mine was marked completed in two days. And what is next after that is LPP i.e Language, physical presence and prohibition. You need to wait for the three to be marked completed before the aoth ceremony. Hope it helps a bit.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
For the test to be marked completed, it might take couple of days but as you know processing offices handling things differently. Mine was marked completed in two days. And what is next after that is LPP i.e Language, physical presence and prohibition. You need to wait for the three to be marked completed before the aoth ceremony. Hope it helps a bit.
thanks for the help. much appreciated.

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Yeah, I have read it online. I am asking what these checks are? Are they gonna check it with every country I had immigration status to! Coz I had it with more than 20 countries (visit/work). And worried it might delay my application.
I searched online but couldn’t find any information about it.
This is what I found:

Clearances
The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.
Applicant must pass all clearances: immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).
The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
  • Immigration: one year
  • Criminality: one year
  • Security: four years
Section 22 of act: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-5.html#docCont

In your case, it could just be that it is more complicated and considered non-routine. So it might take longer than usual. Best advice I can give you is not to worry too much about it for now.

Jul 26, 2023
That’s what i
This is what I found:

Clearances
The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.
Applicant must pass all clearances: immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).
The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
  • Immigration: one year
  • Criminality: one year
  • Security: four years
Section 22 of act: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-5.html#docCont

In your case, it could just be that it is more complicated and considered non-routine. So it might take longer than usual. Best advice I can give you is not to worry too much about it for now.
That’s what I found as well. But what is immigration clearance? Security and criminality I understand. But immigration?

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
We have completed the interview today. It was simple and they just checked the identity documents (Passports, PR cards, DLs and Health Cards). They told everything is good and wait for the next steps. So, let's see how long the next steps would take.
Is it okay if DL has different address from the application add? Is it even necessary to show if it was not part of my original documents? Thanks

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Is it okay if DL has different address from the application add? Is it even necessary to show if it was not part of my original documents? Thanks
I am not sure because my address was the same. Based on my experience, they were mainly interested in inspecting every page of the current Passport (and the previous passport if the passport was renewed in last 5 years) and two IDs we used for the application.

Reactions: Polsonlive

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
UPDATE:

Just received my Test Invitation today. I am applicant of April but they returned my application, I reapplied May, so I am applicant of May but they returned my application so I applied June, Background completed and Test invitation received today.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with an IRCC agent, he confirmed that FP was received and the security check is cleared however, BG includes more than just security check and other aspects are still reviewed, BG section is completed around 66%, he said offices are bit slow due to summer holidays so little delay can be expected. one can only sit back and wait.
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an idea how long it could last and If it's a non-routine ?

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hello, I got an two updates on my tracker last week Friday. Finger print results received and BG completed. Hope yours BG is also completed.
Glad that you are through with your BG check. I am still waiting on IRCC to wake up. They received my FP on 10th July and the tracker still says waiting on me for the FP.

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
I am not sure because my address was the same. Based on my experience, they were mainly interested in inspecting every page of the current Passport (and the previous passport if the passport was renewed in last 5 years) and two IDs we used for the application.
Thanks and congrats