+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hallo,
Just wondering about the steps in the application process. I received test invite, test done and tracker updated to complete. Then request for finger print. What I see in our thread is Background verification comes before the test invite. I guess this is just another random processes. How long RCMP takes to send the finger print results to IRCC?
Do you mind sharing your timelines or how many days after the test was completed did you get FP request?
I am a June applicant in a similar state. BG not completed, but the test was taken and completed. My spouse had her BG completed before the test invite.

So I guess, I should expect FP as well.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Do you mind sharing your timelines or how many days after the test was completed did you get FP request?
I am a June applicant in a similar state. BG not completed, but the test was taken and completed. My spouse had her BG completed before the test invite.

In the same boat- april applicant and my BG ( criminal) check is still under process. Security part is cleared. I am waiting for the FP request:(

akkkva

Jan 6, 2023
Hi all!
Here’s my timeline:
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1148
Application: Single
Application sent: April 15
Application received: April 18
AOR: May 03
Test invite: June 15
Test written: July 5 - Status changed to “completed” under my profile on July 7.
I had all other steps “in progress” and on Aug 10th everything has been updated to “completed”
Just waiting on the ceremony step now, as in says “not started”.
My question is, how long does it usually take to get an invite for the ceremony? I was planning to go on vacation before the end of august lol
Do you think it’s realistic to have a ceremony before Sep? Thanks all!

Reactions: yoge

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

Two days after the test is marked completed by the tracker, I got FP request. I was expecting test and BG to show completed but the BG turned to In progress and finger print is requested. I have submitted the finger print at RCMP accredited agency two weeks ago. Now, I'm waiting for any update?

Reactions: unnipbvr

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
Hi,

I have a question to the group. My wife's application has Background verification completed on June 28 but mine is still In-Progress. No email from CIC yet. Is this normal or there might be something going on with my application?

Other than this, all our statuses are same. We got Test Invite and Test completed on same dates.

Timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-30
Delivered: 2023-04-30
AOR: 2023-05-23
June 28: Background Verification completed only for wife's application not me
June 29: Citizenship Test updated to In Progress - both applications
July 11: Test completed

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi Everyone

I have a paper application that is stuck on BG check due to delay from RCMP. Got a request to submit fingerprints on 5th July, submitted on 7th July and even until today the RCMP have not passed any information to IRCC. Just like other government agencies RCMP is also pathetic. Their phone line is shut and they are only accepting emails and not even responding to those emails. I sent them a status check message about 2 weeks ago, waited for 13 days and sent a follow up email but no response or progress. Any tips/advice to get the application moving?

Reactions: Elyas1

savik

Jan 29, 2018
Hello everyone
Just a late update
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1133
Application: Single
Application sent:April 1
Delivered: April 1
AOR: April 17
GU: May 23
Test invite on the tracker: May 25/26
Test window: June 2-22
Test taken: June 3
Test completed: June 7
LPP: in progress
Hello everyone
An update to the above timeline
LPP: completed on Aug 11 (updated on tracker on 12)
Also Background check was completed on May 27th (forgot to update earlier)

Reactions: yoge

HS1990

Jun 19, 2023
Hello,

since ecas website doesn't work anymore how do we know if its decision made in tracker after your LPP is complete? does your status change from in progress to Decision made?

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi Everyone

I have a paper application that is stuck on BG check due to delay from RCMP. Got a request to submit fingerprints on 5th July, submitted on 7th July and even until today the RCMP have not passed any information to IRCC. Just like other government agencies RCMP is also pathetic. Their phone line is shut and they are only accepting emails and not even responding to those emails. I sent them a status check message about 2 weeks ago, waited for 13 days and sent a follow up email but no response or progress. Any tips/advice to get the application moving?
I share your frustrations. I have sent them an email and left a voicemail mail too. But no response so far. As you said their phone line is closed and they don't reply to email in timely manner. I went back to the agency that I gave finger print and asked them if there is any other way I can use to know the status. But it seems like RCMP is the only government agency I have to contact.

Reactions: Jaywalker

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
My BG is not completed even though IRCC says that they have received the Finger Prints on July 9, I am think of submitting GCMS notes and see what happening, could you pls tell me what 'type of Record' I need to request'?
Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with an IRCC agent, he confirmed that FP was received and the security check is cleared however, BG includes more than just security check and other aspects are still reviewed, BG section is completed around 66%, he said offices are bit slow due to summer holidays so little delay can be expected. one can only sit back and wait.

Reactions: rashi1101