+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Our citizenship tests were marked as completed on July 12th, but received an email yesterday asking us (me and my wife) with "INVITATION TO AN IN-PERSON INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS" at Kitchener office on August 1st. The interview invitation letter mentioned "On the day of this event, you will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity
and the documents you provided at the time you applied for citizenship."

Not sure the reason for this interview as I don't think everyone is getting them. AFAIK, there should be nothing special with our case as our profile is pretty straight forward (moved in work permit, switched to PR and applying for citizenship now and only traveled to India and USA couple of times).

Let me know if anyone else in this group called for such an interview or attended one, otherwise will update this group once my interview is complete.
We have completed the interview today. It was simple and they just checked the identity documents (Passports, PR cards, DLs and Health Cards). They told everything is good and wait for the next steps. So, let's see how long the next steps would take.

Reactions: splashyygirl

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
We are a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 child), who applied using paper application. All of us got AOR on May 30, 2023 and background of 2 adults and 1 child was completed on June 19, 2023, and 2 adults got test invite and tests are marked complete on July 12, 2023. But, there is no progress on 1 child application as everything including the background is still showing processing.

Did anyone else encountered this and the remaining application eventually caught up or something can be a problem with that application. Is there any use if I contact them or would it be better to just wait to hear one way or other?
We had Citizenship interview and documents verification today. When I asked about the background check being not done in one of the kids, they mentioned the background check would be done only for kids above 15.5 years and kids younger than that wouldn't see any update about the background. It matched with our profile as they did the background verification for one of my kids who is above that age and no update on the kid younger than that age.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
We had Citizenship interview and documents verification today. When I asked about the background check being not done in one of the kids, they mentioned the background check would be done only for kids above 15.5 years and kids younger than that wouldn't see any update about the background. It matched with our profile as they did the background verification for one of my kids who is above that age and no update on the kid younger than that age.
My son is 16 years old and I saw that on his profile, they had his background completed along with mine. With how things are going these days in the media, I completely understand that. The last update for our application was on July 21st - showing the background check complete. Nothing since.

BLACK SHIRT

Jan 21, 2021
Is there any who applied from Vancouver and completed citizenship test in June and still waiting for LPP? I have seen on the tracker most of the people who took exam on June have completed LPP, mine is still stuck.

khalvie123

Apr 25, 2023
Hi
I have seen no updates since June 13 and I am getting anxious now. Previously things were moving so fast (test and background verification complete) but now suddenly its been all quiet.

Could anyone advise on the number I should be calling for a status check? And what should my questions be? Should I inquire about the office that has my application? or anything else.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi
I have seen no updates since June 13 and I am getting anxious now. Previously things were moving so fast (test and background verification complete) but now suddenly its been all quiet.

Could anyone advise on the number I should be calling for a status check? And what should my questions be? Should I inquire about the office that has my application? or anything else.
They will not entertain your call as you have just completed 4 months of processing cycle.
They will say everything is good, wait and official processing eta is 19 months.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Is there any who applied from Vancouver and completed citizenship test in June and still waiting for LPP? I have seen on the tracker most of the people who took exam on June have completed LPP, mine is still stuck.
Vancouverite, appeared for test on July 1st, completed on July 7 on tracker and FP received by IRCC on July 9 (still in progress) LPP in progress, Total silence.

BLACK SHIRT

Jan 21, 2021
Vancouverite, appeared for test on July 1st, completed on July 7 on tracker and FP received by IRCC on July 9 (still in progress) LPP in progress, Total silence.
I appeared on June 13th, Tracker Updated on June 23rd, after that it has been in progress, no update in more than a month now.

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
How do you identify a ghost update?
I don't know. I just saw the first update on the 24th and when I ask people they told me that I will get an invite soon. I waited two days and then on 26th another update but no invite or BG yet. Still today, nothing shows on my tracker. Do you have the same experience?

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hi. Today, I got test status updated July 31, scheduled from August 4. Still Waiting for test invite expected from Hamilton where i’m living.

Reactions: Elyas1