+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

HVK89

Jul 25, 2023
I applied on the 4th of April for PR renewal and Citizenship Grant. It’s not until I requested gcms notes that I saw some movements and it has since been slow.
Can someone share if they know the sequence they used when they called to get a human being to talk to and if there is a time period one is more likely to get through! Much appreciated.
Sequence: 1, UCI #, 1, 1, 4, 1, 1 :)

Reactions: lancekuo

HVK89

Jul 25, 2023
I wouldn't bother applying for GCMS notes, there will be nothing if they can't see your application. I would just wait to hear back from the processing centre
Oh thank you for letting me know. I already ordered the notes unfortunately but I guess its only $5 so if they cant tell me anything I guess that's okay.

They said it would be another month before I hear anything when I spoke to them on Friday. I'm going to try calling again today to see if I should re-apply :(

sbandari

Apr 25, 2023
How can I let my case officer know that I’m willing to attend the oath ceremony sooner. I have urgent travel to india coming up mid August or 3rd week of August.

Apr 5, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: April 21, 2023
Delivered: April 21, 2023
AOR: May 16, 2023
IP: May 18, 2023
Background completed: Jun 13, 2023
Test Invite: June 15, 2023
Test date: June 24
Test marked completed: June 27
LPP: July 13
Oath in progress: July 28
Oath ceremony: August 10

The long journey is finally coming to an end.

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: April 21, 2023
Delivered: April 21, 2023
AOR: May 16, 2023
IP: May 18, 2023
Background completed: Jun 13, 2023
Test Invite: June 15, 2023
Test date: June 24
Test marked completed: June 27
LPP: July 13
Oath in progress: July 28
Oath ceremony: August 10

The long journey is finally coming to an end.
Congrats

Reactions: Speeduptheprocess

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Trying to log in to my tracker for couple of days now, but it's always on "Loading". Not that I need to track anything in particular now that I have my oath tomorrow. Just curious. Thanks!

Reactions: splashyygirl

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Trying to log in to my tracker for couple of days now, but it's always on "Loading". Not that I need to track anything in particular now that I have my oath tomorrow. Just curious. Thanks!
That's the reason why. You already have your oath scheduled. You will be able to login again after your oath and see an update that file has now been closed because you are now a citizen etc

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
I know the exact reason as to why so did some digging around and some developer had posted the same issue and he can see in debug.

So I did the inspect element in chrome and found when we have the oath date and time coming in the message it has some URLs embedded as well which contain certain string elements that the web app is not able to parse and show on frontend so its throwing errors like in my screen so far 292 js errors but if you debug the network tab and go to the last user data it shows the message exactly whats been posted in there. see attached below

"en": "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 2, 2023.<br/>Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:<ul><li>how to attend the ceremony</li><li>what documents you have to present</li></ul><br/>The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, <a target=\"_blank\" class=\"link\" href=\"http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp\">contact us</a>.",

1. error screen
2. data which its not able to load.

After the oath is done this message goes away and then its able to load properly