+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone, online applicant here, Is there anyone who took the test in June end and still waiting for it to be completed?
My test window was June 5 to June 26, I took the test on June 24th, passed according to the temporary score and I am still waiting for the test to be marked completed.
Is there a reason it is still not updated?

Ablaze

May 4, 2023
Hi Admin,
Please update the tracker: Test marked complete on my profile on Citizenship tracker on July 19, 2023.

Timeline
=========

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: April 26, 2023
Delivered: April 26, 2023
AOR: May 18
1st GU: June 16, 2023
Background Check Complete: June 19, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: June 26, 2023
Citizenship Test Window: July 4 - 24, 2023
Test Taken: July 8, 2023
Test Marked complete on Tracker: July 19, 2023
LPP: In progress

Reactions: yoge

VM_MV

Aug 15, 2018
India
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2019
Hello,

I got my oath ceremony date today (it is August 1st). But I have some plans to travel outside Canada for a couple of weeks
I understand I can’t attend my oath ceremony while I am out of Canada
So I have a couple of questions:

1)what if I decline my oath ceremony? How long does it normally take for us to get the invitation again? Does it usually take weeks or months?

2)I have applied for an electronic certificate, does anyone know how long it take for us to get an electronic certificate, and after that can we apply for our passport, and how long will it take to get the passport (in Montreal) if I apply in an emergency case (with flight tickets)? Just trying to understand the overall process and the recommendation here.

Please help, it’s important and kind of urgent, and it may ruin my travel plans if not decided immediately.
Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I got my oath ceremony date today (it is August 1st). But I have some plans to travel outside Canada for a couple of weeks
I understand I can’t attend my oath ceremony while I am out of Canada
So I have a couple of questions:

1)what if I decline my oath ceremony? How long does it normally take for us to get the invitation again? Does it usually take weeks or months?

2)I have applied for an electronic certificate, does anyone know how long it take for us to get an electronic certificate, and after that can we apply for our passport, and how long will it take to get the passport (in Montreal) if I apply in an emergency case (with flight tickets)? Just trying to understand the overall process and the recommendation here.

Please help, it’s important and kind of urgent, and it may ruin my travel plans if not decided immediately.
Thank you
You cannot decline. Its "Notice to appear" not a invitation like test. If your reason is not a serious one they might not approve it. Don't go into the rabbit hole of reschedule if you can manage to get it done. E-certificate appears on the portal within 1-3 days.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
You cannot decline. Its "Notice to appear" not a invitation like test. If your reason is not a serious one they might not approve it. Don't go into the rabbit hole of reschedule if you can manage to get it done. E-certificate appears on the portal within 1-3 days.
I am in a similar risk - Oath invite can land at anytime and I could be in the US at that time. Is it mandatory to be in Canada during the oath even if I am just visiting?

kacv68412

Jul 4, 2023
My time line is super fast, here I share with you guys:

Apr 18, 2023-Application filed
May 25, 2023-Citizenship test-Required
May 29, 2023-Background verification-Completed
Jun 2, 2023-Scheduled for citizenship test
Jun 5, 2023- Citizenship test-Completed
Jun 14, 2023- Language skills-Completed
Jun 14, 2023- Prohibitions-Completed
Jun 14, 2023-Physical presence-Completed

BTW: applied online, based on MTL

So I am only waiting for the last step: Citizenship ceremony now. (currently it marks as not started)
Anyone has any idea of how long it will take to get the ceremony scheduled?

UPDATE: I GOT MY CEREMONY SCHEDULED ! sorry caps

Here's the rest of timeline:

Jul 19, 2023-Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
Aug 1, 2023-Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Good luck y'all!!!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any login issue with the online Citizenship Tracker today?? After I login it says "Loading...." and it goes forever.

Thanks

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
What does that mean? How? What update? I can not have access to the Tracker -- after login it just spins saying loading ... and it goes forever
from atleast 5 different but similar experiences on this forum, when its continuously loading for people means they have a pending update most probably oath update.

When did you apply and which step are you on currently