+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Can I pay usingthe same payment receipt for paper application for my online application. I previously paid for 4 people (2 adults and 2 minors.) Now the application is for 3 + a adult application via invite so it looks like two seperate payments to me.
I'd better call them to get it clear

Reactions: jahrule

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
It's not so clear. What is "3 + a adult"? Do you mean 3 minors and 1 adult? Why are you making a new application now? Is anyone from the first application of 2 adults and 2 minors now in the new application of "3 + a adult"?
Ideally, If for example you made a paper application and for some reason cancelled it or you now want to reapply via online application then yes, you can use the previous payment receipt.... but names are attached to each receipt so you can only use it if they were in the previous application...
When you make the account online it is one adult + 2 kids, then you have to invite the other adult which you end up with a different account for that 1 adult thus make it 3 people in first account + 1 adult with there own account.
The paper application was return a second time I made one payment for paper $1460. Now I need to pay $830 + $630.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hello

Please add my application to tracker sheet

Application: Family (5 - 2 Adults + 3 Minors)
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Type: Paper
Application sent: 18-04-2023
Delivered: 21-04-2023
AOR: 13-06-2023 for the 3 minors and didn't get the AOR for myself and for my wife

I need your expert opinion guys. As I stated earlier, starting 6 pm PDT, I got the AOR for the 3 minors with 7 min gap between each AOR. Still I didn't get my and my wife's AORs.

Is there any explanation for this?

My understanding is that for a group, if there is something wrong with an application, they tend to return the entire package. I am aware that this didn't typically happen with @josh_1982 and that they returned only his application. However, based on his timeline, the AORs for the his wife and kids were not sent out until he resent his complete application (although he got his AOR 12 days after his family)

So, since I already got the AOR for the minors, would this mean that the parent's applications are good and it is just a matter of time until we get our AOR? (otherwise how the minors AOR were issued if there is something with the parents applications)

For @yankyridzz , may I ask how long did it take your spouse and minor to get their AOR after you got yours?
Hi @kaelsaye sorry, I just saw this message.

Yes, in my case only my application was incomplete (in a group of 4 applications) and only mine was sent. I re-submitted back by mid-April. Then, the next things that came: AOR for wife and kids by mid-May and my AOR by the end of May. One weird thing though is that while my wife and kids AORs had a group number on the right-top corner, mine does not have it. So perhaps they are treating them now separately...

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
When you make the account online it is one adult + 2 kids, then you have to invite the other adult which you end up with a different account for that 1 adult thus make it 3 people in first account + 1 adult with there own account.
The paper application was return a second time I made one payment for paper $1460. Now I need to pay $830 + $630.
If it was returned and you have paid previously for everybody, you can use the same payment receipt. As long as all their names were listed during payment. You DO NOT have to pay again.

Reactions: splashyygirl

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
How the timeline is looking like for paper applicants? I saw in the tracker file that progress is being done mostly for online applications.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
How the timeline is looking like for paper applicants? I saw in the tracker file that progress is being done mostly for online applications.
If you don't see progress for May, check March or April tab to get an idea.. I'm not surprised May paper don't yet have alot of data. I just saw someone on this thread post his timeline. He submitted May 23 or so and just got his AOR today

Apr 5, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: April 21, 2023
Delivered: April 21, 2023
AOR: May 16, 2023
IP: May 18, 2023
Background completed: Jun 13, 2023
Test Invite: June 15, 2023
Test date: June 24
Test marked completed: June 27

Reactions: yoge

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
It's not so clear. What is "3 + a adult"? Do you mean 3 minors and 1 adult? Why are you making a new application now? Is anyone from the first application of 2 adults and 2 minors now in the new application of "3 + a adult"?
Ideally, If for example you made a paper application and for some reason cancelled it or you now want to reapply via online application then yes, you can use the previous payment receipt.... but names are attached to each receipt so you can only use it if they were in the previous application...
What Ceejay132 said.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
So, as an update:
I shared that I applied for both the PR card and Citizenship at the same time. Documents were submitted on April 3rd and received on April 11th, 2023.
As of yesterday, I heard nothing. I called and heard there is nothing on file. So I requested atip - gcms notes on my applications. This morning, I received an email from aitp requesting more information. While I was responding to the email, I received the AOR for the PR renewal. Interesting.

The bottom line, it's great to be seeing some movement. It is an acknowledgment that they have the application and at least it didn't get lost in the cracks somewhere. As a quick refresh, having not received an AOR or a returned application, I applied online on Monday.

At this point, I requested information on the citizenship application. If I am in receipt of anything further. I will let you know.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
So, as an update:
I shared that I applied for both the PR card and Citizenship at the same time. Documents were submitted on April 3rd and received on April 11th, 2023.
As of yesterday, I heard nothing. I called and heard there is nothing on file. So I requested atip - gcms notes on my applications. This morning, I received an email from aitp requesting more information. While I was responding to the email, I received the AOR for the PR renewal. Interesting.

The bottom line, it's great to be seeing some movement. It is an acknowledgment that they have the application and at least it didn't get lost in the cracks somewhere. As a quick refresh, having not received an AOR or a returned application, I applied online on Monday.

At this point, I requested information on the citizenship application. If I am in receipt of anything further. I will let you know.
Thank God, at least for PR AOR.

Caramelguy

Jun 28, 2023
App sent : 19 April
physical presence: 1733 days
Aor: 12 May
Ecas: 16 May
Finger print request: 20 June
got instruction email today

Admin kindly update

Thank you
I got the same email. I went Saturday pass to get it done so that processing can continue.