+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

JackRyan

Dec 17, 2020
Hi , my test start window is 30 june to 20 july and I haven’t received the invitation email!! Should i call them?

yxyyukon

Feb 5, 2023
Hi Admin,
Please update the tracker: Just got an update on my profile today showing Test Invite: June 28, 2023 (test window July 4 - July 24)

Timeline
=========

Type: Online application
Application: Couple (Me and my common law partner
Application sent: April 21, 2023
AOR: May 17
1st GU: June 18, 2023
Common Law Background Check Complete: June 20, 2023
My Background check is still in process
Citizenship Test Invite for both of us : June 28, 2023
Citizenship Test Window: July 4 - 24, 2023

Reactions: yoge

yxyyukon

Feb 5, 2023
Hi Admin,
Please update the tracker: Just got an update on my profile today showing Test Invite: June 26, 2023 (test window July 4 - July 24)

Timeline
=========

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: April 26, 2023
Delivered: April 26, 2023
AOR: May 18
1st GU: June 16, 2023
Background Check Complete: June 19, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: June 26, 2023
Citizenship Test Window: July 4 - 24, 2023

did you get the instruction email already?

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
just curious...did you had any criminal history.....coz sometimes they delay the things due to that reason also.
nope :). I seriously think someone received the package and forgot about it. I placed the application for the PR renewal in the same package, although in separate envelopes. When I called to enquire about the PR renewal, the guy didn't see it either. Whilst I am not too worried about the PR renewal, no plans on travelling any time soon. I really would like to see some movement on the citizenship one.

Reactions: yxyyukon

hdcho

Dec 10, 2015
2 questions please. 1. How long was it between when you sent your explanation and when they marked background as complete? 2. Has the "waiting on you" message on tracker disappeared or is it still there?
1. I sent my first web form on May 2nd and followed up on the 9th, after which the background was completed on May 29th.
2. The message below still appears under “Your next steps (1)”

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
1. I sent my first web form on May 2nd and followed up on the 9th, after which the background was completed on May 29th.
2. The message below still appears under “Your next steps (1)”

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.
Ok. Thanks....

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Hi , my test start window is 30 june to 20 july and I haven’t received the invitation email!! Should i call them?
You should receive it latest by tomorrow. If not, then also it should be ok to just appear for the test as discussed in this thread in last couple of days

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Can one take the test before the date on the invite
Taking the test before you are invited? I'll say no. However, some people on this thread have said you can take the test before you get the test instructions email as long as you have been invited.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Can I pay usingthe same payment receipt for paper application for my online application. I previously paid for 4 people (2 adults and 2 minors.) Now the application is for 3 + a adult application via invite so it looks like two seperate payments to me.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Can I pay usingthe same payment receipt for paper application for my online application. I previously paid for 4 people (2 adults and 2 minors.) Now the application is for 3 + a adult application via invite so it looks like two seperate payments to me.
It's not so clear. What is "3 + a adult"? Do you mean 3 minors and 1 adult? Why are you making a new application now? Is anyone from the first application of 2 adults and 2 minors now in the new application of "3 + a adult"?
Ideally, If for example you made a paper application and for some reason cancelled it or you now want to reapply via online application then yes, you can use the previous payment receipt.... but names are attached to each receipt so you can only use it if they were in the previous application...

Reactions: splashyygirl