+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
Hi,
Is it normal for BG to be completed while the rest of the status shows in progress? And does test invite come a few days after BG is completed?

Thanks!

family3

May 20, 2023
Hi,
Is it normal for BG to be completed while the rest of the status shows in progress? And does test invite come a few days after BG is completed?

Thanks!
in our case, the BG is completed on June 14 and no other email or notification yet. I hope we get that test invite asap.

Reactions: yoge

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
Hi,

Thanks!
I got the test invite a day after I got a request for fingerprints. So definately no background complete and got the test invite already. Probably will get the test complete before I get the background done.
The guy from the fingerprint office said it takes at least 2 weeks before they get the prints...

Reactions: Caramelguy

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Good Morning Everyone,
I decided (and I did) submit an online application this morning. Working on it over the weekend, I realized how much easier it was. I also included a letter of explanation (LOE) detailing that I had submitted a paper application (that was received) on April 11th and to date have not heard anything.

Since I submitted this morning, I at least received a letter of confirmation (not the AOR) and details as to the next steps.
I am aware that this process is starting over for me but at least there is some peace of mind, knowing the application is there...not in limbo and now following through with the process. I had submitted the PR the same time I did the Citizenship test. I will not submit the online PR Renewal. What is most important to me at this stage is the Citizenship Grant application. Seeing through with the Paper PR renewal will at least demonstrate to me, how that process works. The Citizenship Grant is the ultimate goal.

I will keep you guys posted on what is happening and will also join the June group. I will make an update in the April tracker as well. There may be others like myself out there.

Regards,

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Did anyone take test with PR Card as the ID proof.
The instructions lists this as the allowed document but at the same time mentions that the ID should have signature on it. The PR cards after 2015 don't have signatures. Because of this confusion I used my DL to take the test but my wife does not have DL so wondering if she should take test with PR Card or should try and apply for G1 or Ontario Photo Card
I did, it's absolutely ok.

Reactions: Hopeful0403

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
Hi,

Thanks!
My family Background check shows completed for all on June 15th (updated on the 17th) but all other items in progress and no test letter or other updates till now

Reactions: flame_twilight

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
FP Completed June 22, 2023; third GU on June 23, 2023. See signature for detail.
Can you clarify what you mean by FP completed? When did you get the FP request. You submitted through a third party? I am in a similar situation. I got FP request today. I submitted through RCMP certified agency today.

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
My online tracker is showing "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 23, 2023 and July 13, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.". It was added in June 23, 2023, but I still didn't receive the test invite letter in the email. Is this normal? Anyone else was in this situation? How long should I be waiting and when should I start contacting them about the letter?

yxyyukon

Feb 5, 2023
My online tracker is showing "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 23, 2023 and July 13, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.". It was added in June 23, 2023, but I still didn't receive the test invite letter in the email. Is this normal? Anyone else was in this situation? How long should I be waiting and when should I start contacting them about the letter?

did your background check was completeed in tracker?

theironman

Jul 3, 2020
You may want to contact them after checking all the folders in your mailbox junk/spam/social etc. The tracker would show you when and how to contact them too. Earlier the better I guess.

Threads like the below would give you some idea.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/did-not-receive-email-from-ircc-for-citizenship-test-request.783747/

Last edited: