+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Fair point. Still, it’s an online application. There is no extra paperweight to it. They can chose to check the bio pages only, or check all of it if need be.

It seems to be that those who have a lot of travel reported in the presence calculator, are those who are asked for all the pages. That might be a something to think about when submitting the application.

Then again, those who have zero travel might be asked to submit all pages to prove it.

In other words, it’s better to be proactive than reactive.
Honestly it's better if they don't ask for this at all. Some countries don't stamp anymore, and many stamps are completely unreadable or faded out. They have all the entries to Canada from CBSA, and more recently they have the exits too, it's just too burdensome to get these stamps translated, many of which are just completely illegible and the translator just writes that. It's a step in the right direction that they don't ask for it. Many people got approval without ever sending them. CBSA entry exit record is more reliable than these stamps, I think.

If you don't have that many travels, say zero, they see it by pulling the CBSA record, which they always do anyway.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for citizenship paper application for myself and a minor on April 13 and was delivered on April 18th. I received a text message that is supposedly from Canada post to pay for a package to be delivered to me which I believe it may be my application returned to me. I paid but did not receive anything and since I don’t have any tracking number, Canada post cannot help me. If anyone had their application returned from IRCC, how did it get sent back to them? Thanks.
did the post office confirm they sent you that text? Did the link actually go to Canada post website? To me it sounds like you got scammed.

Reactions: Smsm73

Shahd Masoud

Apr 30, 2023
did the post office confirm they sent you that text? Did the link actually go to Canada post website? To me it sounds like you got scammed.
Yes the link goes to Canada post website. I keep trying to call Canada post but the virtual assistant keeps shutting me down so I did not get the chance to speak to any agent to confirm it. But I received the text message from ‘elizabeth.quick@sympatico.ca’ so not really sure. I will try calling them again. Thanks for your reply.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Yes the link goes to Canada post website. I keep trying to call Canada post but the virtual assistant keeps shutting me down so I did not get the chance to speak to any agent to confirm it. But I received the text message from ‘elizabeth.quick@sympatico.ca’ so not really sure. I will try calling them again. Thanks for your reply.
It’s a scam. Report it and that email to sympatico.

If you paid using your credit card open a dispute on the charge.

Jean.Marie

Nov 14, 2019
Update
April 20,2023
Language skills
In progress
Physical presence
In progress
Citizenship test
Not started
Background verification
In progress
Prohibitions
In progress
Citizenship ceremony
Not started

Reactions: yoge

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Hello,

Please add my application details to tracker :

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1250
Application: Family
Application sent: 2023-04-25
Delivered: 2023-04-27
AOR: Not received yet

Thanks

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1809
Application: Single
Application sent: April 11
Delivered: April 11
AOR: May 1

Just received my AOR today.

May 1st.

Please add me to the list. Thank you

Last edited:

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION (GRANT)

Method Of Application: ONLINE APPLICATION
Province / City Of Submission: ONTARIO
Physical Presence Days: 1095 DAYS
Number Of Applicant: 1 - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
Application Submission: 25 APL 2023
Application Transmitted: 25 APL 2023
Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR): TBI (TO BE ISSUED)
Tracker Linked: WAITING FOR APPLICATION NUMBER
Processing Local Office: NOT STARTED

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION PROGRESS / STATUS IN E-CAS OR TRACKER

Citizenship Test:

Background Verification:
Fingerprint Request:
Language Skills:
Physical Presence:
Prohibitions:

Oath Ceremony:

Maagie

May 13, 2018
So here is the wired thing. If I do a physical presence calculation it says 1826 days. From Feb 28 2017 into April 11 2023.
But if I calculate 365 days x6 I'm in the country for 2190 days.
How does that make sense?
With me 19 days gone in total I'm definitely good.

And I changed the days.. sorry
Also if you were here before getting your PR, so aa a visitor or on a work permit, then calculates one day as half a day, up to one year. So if you were here for 2 years on a work permit it only calculates it as one year

Apr 5, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: 21-04-2023
Delivered: 21-04-2023
AOR: TBD

diamond2189

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-05-2019
Applied my wife's application on 11 April online. Today we got the Aor email with another email regarding the explanation of gaps in travel documents. Submitted it through webform. But i am not able to make her account on the tracker using UCI and application number. Is anyone facing the same problem even after getting aor?