+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can someone please let me know if you take the test does it right away update on online status or it takes time. My wife took the test on 17 June but it still saying online application tracker that we are waiting from you to take the test. I understand that it needs to be review for the result. And yes she passed.
Thanks
It takes time. Anywhere between a few days to a month too in some exceptional case.

HS1990

Jun 19, 2023
It takes time. Anywhere between a few days to a month too in some exceptional case.
Thank you for replying. I was worried that something went wrong because it still saying on the online. tracker “we are waiting for you to take the test”.

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can someone please let me know if you take the test does it right away update on online status or it takes time. My wife took the test on 17 June but it still saying online application tracker that we are waiting from you to take the test. I understand that it needs to be review for the result. And yes she passed.
Thanks
Buddy she did it on the weekend, government workers/ immigration officers rarely work on weekend. It will get updated in time.

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Although their instructions tell us to contact them but that seems to be if contact info has changed- "If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you."

I am thinking to wait for the email. Also assuming that if I try to take the test within the dates mentioned in the tracker then I would be allowed to proceed and email will be irrelevant. Hoping someone can confirm if the email is absolutely mandatory and contains any unique information required for the test OR it is fine to just proceed during the allowed test period and complete the test
You will get the email about 3 days before your test window. Just give it some time

Reactions: Hopeful0403

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
I got fingerprint request on May 18th. I submitted fingerprints on May 19th. Its been over a month now. The CIC online status is still saying.

Submit your fingerprints.. "Waiting on You".

Is this normal ? What should I do ?

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Hi @admin, please add my case to the tracker:
Physical Days: 1101
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: April 6, 2023
Delivered (AOR): April 25, 2023
In-process date: April 27, 2023
Test Letter invite: June 8, 2023
Background verification complete: June 14, 2023
Test date: June 16, 2023

Last edited:

JiminieJams

Mar 31, 2023
Hi All,

Sharing my updates so far. Have updated tracker.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1104
Application: Single
Application sent: April 7th
Delivered: April 7th
AOR: April 24th
Background verification complete: Jun 01
Test invite: Jun 6th
Test taken : June 18th

Thnx

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1809
Application: Single
Application sent: April 11, 2023
Delivered: April 11, 2023
AOR: May 1, 2023
IP: May 1, 2023
Fingerprints requested: Jun 14
Fingerprints submitted: Jun 15
Test Invite: June 15
Test complete: Jun 19

Reactions: yoge

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
I was in Korea for 180 days, from which I flew to Europe, where I stayed for 3 months before flying to Canada. In the application, I had to list this 9-month long out-of-country period as one entry in Korea though I further explained my Europe trip in the comment section. They, then, requested for my police certificate from Korea thinking I stayed there for over 183 days. I provided details about my trip in Korea and Europe through a web form, and they completed the Background Verification without a police report from Korea.
2 questions please. 1. How long was it between when you sent your explanation and when they marked background as complete? 2. Has the "waiting on you" message on tracker disappeared or is it still there?

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi, is it normal to have your background verification being marked as completed a little over one week after AOR (AOR June 5)? I saw a ghost update yesterday & today on my account as well as my spouse’s and now this morning the following status was on my spouse’s tracker:

Jun 14, 2023
Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

Since my tracker is also showing ghost update, waiting to see if it’ll change to that as well. As for my minor son, no updates on his tracker.
For those who have had their background completed, would the physical presence and language skills change after or before test? Thanks
Hi ,

Tracker updated today with the following:
  • You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 30, 2023 and July 20, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

June 17- Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

Please update Google Tracker, thanks Admin.

vssk91

Jul 8, 2019
Hi ,

Tracker updated today with the following:
  • You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 30, 2023 and July 20, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

June 17- Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

Please update Google Tracker, thanks Admin.
This is great progress ! Do you know which office is processing your application ? I'm in Ajax and wondering if I fall under the same office as you - maybe Scarborough Office?

Reactions: Tiffyc88