25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Anybody here waiting on security? Everything else completed. VO-Sydney
Same here mate. No change in my status also in 3 weeks. Last week Friday as I felt like feeding my curiosity, called IRCC at 8 am EST and it luckily connected. I got a lady agent who sounded arrogant, I felt she was mocking my questions by laughing whenever I asked one. Even though I very slowly asked her to only confirm every status, she was very hesitant with answers and sounded rushed, at 8 am Really? End result she didn't patiently answer any of my questions on the status. One sentence she repeated 4-5 times is that I have to wait for more time. One thing I heard is my security has not started, and I don't have a local office my file is at CIO Sydney. Good luck to both of us :rolleyes:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I got a lady agent who sounded arrogant, I felt she was mocking my questions by laughing whenever I asked one. Even though I very slowly asked her to only confirm every status, she was very hesitant with answers and sounded rushed, at 8 am Really? End result she didn't patiently answer any of my questions on the status. One sentence she repeated 4-5 times is that I have to wait for more time. One thing I heard is my security has not started, and I don't have a local office my file is at CIO Sydney. Good luck to both of us :rolleyes:
And they wanted a 13.5% raise. If this was a non-government job, she would have been sacked for laughing on a call.

modern_finance

Dec 10, 2020
I received a request letter from IRCC asking me to 'Provide details on all prev refusals', but I had already declared that I was refused a study permit in my PR application and I don't recall any other refusals. Why are they asking the same again?

Fabelurin

Sep 11, 2019
I received a request letter from IRCC asking me to 'Provide details on all prev refusals', but I had already declared that I was refused a study permit in my PR application and I don't recall any other refusals. Why are they asking the same again?
What's your AOR?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
I have gotten ADR for military records. I am an Indonesian living and working in Singapore. There is no mandatory military service in Indonesia, but Singapore has mandatory military service. However, since I am a foreigner in Singapore, I do not need to do any military service. I feel that the officer is confused since I am working in Singapore. So, for this ADR, what documents should I provide?
1. A letter describing an exemption for military service from Indonesian police. I am not sure I can get this since there is no mandatory military service in Indonesia.
2. A letter describing an exemption for military service from Singapore police. I am not sure I can get this since I am not even a Singapore citizen.
Is it 1 or 2? or both? Should I just write an LOE for 2?
I only have PCC for Singapore since I have never lived in Indonesia continuously more than 6 months after 18 years old.

Last edited:

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I have gotten ADR for military records. I am an Indonesian living and working in Singapore. There is no mandatory military service in Indonesia, but Singapore has mandatory military service. However, since I am a foreigner in Singapore, I do not need to do any military service. I feel that the officer is confused since I am working in Singapore. So, for this ADR, what documents should I provide?
1. A letter describing an exemption for military service from Indonesian police.
2. A letter describing an exemption for military service from Singapore police. I am not sure I can get this since I am not even a Singapore citizen.
I only have PCC for Singapore since I have never lived in Indonesia continuously more than 6 months after 18 years old.
I have cousins who had to do mandatory military service because their Filipino Citizen parents became Singapore Permanent Residents, this was 12-13 years back I don't know if the law has changed now. You might have to find the right document from the SG government website to explain why your status is exempted from mandatory military service. May be SG police do issue such letters as your VO says, you or I might not know. Try Researching in Singapore forums or try contacting the police directly.
On your Indonesian PCC situation, I feel it is better to have a RCIC than ask in these forums, I had colleague who is from one of the smaller countries in Africa who but lived in South Africa from the time he was 13, IRCC demanded PCC from his home country even though the PA never set foot in his home country after he was 13., he says his consultant helped him out. he says it takes time though, these can't be responded in 7 days, he recommends that you ask for a realistic time from your VO.

Last edited:

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
I have cousins who because their Filipino Citizen parents became Singapore Permanent Residents had to do mandatory military service, this was 12-13 years back I don't know if the law has changed now. You might have to find the right document for the SG government website to explain why your status is exempted. May be SG police do issue such letters as your VO says, you or I might not know. Try Researching in singapore forums or try contacting the police directly.
On your Indonesian PCC situation, I feel it is better to have a RCIC than ask in these forums, I had colleague who is from one of the smaller countries Africa who but lived in South Africa from his the time he was 13, IRCC demanded PCC from his home country even though the PA never set foot in his home country after he was 13., he says his consultant helped him out. he says it takes time though which can't be responded in 7 days, recommends that you ask for a realistic time from your VO.
Hi, I believe in that case your cousin's status in Singapore is a permanent resident since their parents become Singapore Permanent Residents. I am a foreigner.. But, I will contact the SG police, thanks for your advice.

Actually, Indonesian PCC was never asked. I was just wondering if I need the military records from the Indonesia government as well since I am an Indonesian. The ADR document never states which country's military record the officer is asking for.

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
1. A letter describing an exemption for military service from Indonesian police. I am not sure I can get this since there is no mandatory military service in Indonesia.
Can you call IRCC and ask them as well. I think they have got confused and think you are a Singaporean who had to complete military service. I am not sure if the Singapore police will provide a letter to say you do not need military service. But still worth a try - you can show them the letter from IRCC and ask if they can help.

mazenB

Apr 18, 2023
Hello, my eligibility and BGC are still in progress in the tracker with the last update on the 18th of may. BGC started on the 4th of may and eligibility on the 18th of may, I am a bit worried as I haven't got any updates since then. My AOR is 5 April, are other people in the same boat? Would I be able to get any information if I call the IRCC? How can I call them from outside Canada or can my brother call them on my behalf if he lives there?

eog123

May 25, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello, my eligibility and BGC are still in progress in the tracker with the last update on the 18th of may. BGC started on the 4th of may and eligibility on the 18th of may, I am a bit worried as I haven't got any updates since then. My AOR is 5 April, are other people in the same boat? Would I be able to get any information if I call the IRCC? How can I call them from outside Canada or can my brother call them on my behalf if he lives there?
Hi, My situation is similar, AOR is 3rd April, my last update was ADR on 24 May which I have provided since same day. Guess we can only remain patient and keep waiting as most people here have said previously. Calling may help ease your mind I guess. I am FSW Outland.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am a bit worried as I haven't got any updates since then. My AOR is 5 April, are other people in the same boat? Would I be able to get any information if I call the IRCC? How can I call them from outside Canada or can my brother call them on my behalf if he lives there?
You are worrying about nothing. You are still only 3rd month in. It would still have been annoying if they didn't started on BGC and eligibility. You just have to wait. Anything within 6 months is called fast processing.

You can call from outside, but it only makes sense if your tracker shows all completed.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Can you call IRCC and ask them as well. I think they have got confused and think you are a Singaporean who had to complete military service. I am not sure if the Singapore police will provide a letter to say you do not need military service. But still worth a try - you can show them the letter from IRCC and ask if they can help.
So I need to call them, is it? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-call-ircc-from-outside-canada.701113/ this one is it? is it possible to reach them via email?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
And they wanted a 13.5% raise. If this was a non-government job, she would have been sacked for laughing on a call.
I have seen even worse behavior often bordering racism in the Service Ontario offices. Customer complaints were of no use they give a reference number and forget.