+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hi, May AOR here. Anyone here whose eligibility review took very long to get started? What was your timeline like and what is your application's status right now, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm curious to know, as I'm getting more and more worried everyday and no one seems to have any concrete regarding what determines whose eligibility review IRCC are going to start quickly and who they are going to avoid picking up.

So, any response will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Today is day 22 after biometrics were updated. Help a fella out guys, anyone else in this thread who's had a similar experience? Any reason for this sort of thing? Don't want to go to March AORs because things have changed April onwards, processing speed wise. It's more and more unnerving with every passing minute, I'm ageing in dog years here.

Satejs

Feb 4, 2023
Category........
PNP
Today is day 22 after biometrics were updated. Help a fella out guys, anyone else in this thread who's had a similar experience? Any reason for this sort of thing? Don't want to go to March AORs because things have changed April onwards, processing speed wise. It's more and more unnerving with every passing minute, I'm ageing in dog years here.
should not take much time ,
sometime they pass eligibility and BG together , keep an eye on the tracker for Medical update that when they create your COPR for you

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
should not take much time ,
sometime they pass eligibility and BG together , keep an eye on the tracker for Medical update that when they create your COPR for you
I'm fsw-o .. medical and bio letter came together. It's in my signature. Outlanders with AOR two weeks after me are getting more advance updates now.

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
11 - 26 days for May.
All 2023 AOR: 25 - 100+ (some inactive profiles)

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023
I'm fsw-o .. medical and bio letter came together. It's in my signature. Outlanders with AOR two weeks after me are getting more advance updates now.
I know one person attempting to reassure you on here probably wouldn't help, but let me try anyway being a fellow FSW Outlander.

Firstly, you had an extremely quick MEP/BIL update on your application, literally 8 days after AOR when it's taken most of us closer to 3 weeks. In my situation, being roughly a week earlier than your application submission (25th April AOR), I waited a whole month for it. Remember, this also means your R10 completeness check has passed. So that should alleviate some anxiety atleast.

Secondly, while it's usually advised not to compare application processing speeds because of varying degrees of complexity for each one, it appears most April AORs have not progressed past eligibility with several stuck on BGC including myself. Belonging to the May AOR cohort, it shouldn't be a cause for concern that eligibility hasn't begun for you. There also seem to be several instances where eligibility and BGC is completed at the same time so there's hope for you yet.

Keep in mind you're only roughly a month in since they've received your application. I know processing pace recently seems to far exceed IRCC's SLA of 6 months, but I think others here would agree that even speeds of 2-2.5 months post AOR would be gladly appreciated.

Anyway, you probably didn't read most of that but just my 2 cents. ;) Here's hoping for more of us April AORs (and May AORs) to make it through this month!

Last edited:

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
I know one person attempting to reassure you on here probably wouldn't help, but let me try anyway being a fellow FSW Outlander.

Firstly, you had an extremely quick MEP/BIL update on your application, literally 8 days after AOR when it's taken most of us closer to 3 weeks. In my situation, being roughly a week earlier than your application submission (25th April AOR), I waited a whole month for it. Remember, this also means your R10 completeness check has passed. So that should alleviate some anxiety atleast.

Secondly, while it's usually advised not to compare application processing speeds because of varying degrees of complexity for each one, it appears most April AORs have not progressed past eligibility with several stuck on BGC including myself. Belonging to the May AOR cohort, it shouldn't be a cause for concern that eligibility hasn't begun for you. There also seem to be several instances where eligibility and BGC is completed at the same time so there's hope for you yet.

Keep in mind you're only roughly a month in since they've received your application. I know processing recently seems to far exceed IRCC's SLA of 6 months, but I think others here would agree that even speeds of 2-2.5 months post AOR would be gladly appreciated.

Anyway, you probably didn't read most of that but just my 2 cents. ;) Here's hoping for more of us April AORs (and May AORs) to make it through this month!

I am FSW-O, April AOR 11 and still waiting for BIL. MEP Passed. Its gonna be 2 months in 4 days without BIL for me. The dude is being unnecessarily cranky and impatient. We all are in same boat and have a lot in line.

Reactions: Raulf

starlord91

May 14, 2023
Assuming that your composition change (child birth) isn't going to happen before you land in Canada. Here's an answer by a VIP:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-ppr-but-my-wife-is-pregnant-should-we-submit-our-passport.507491/post-8377596

If you are unsure about where the baby would be delivered, that would be depend on where you are planning to deliver the baby.

Otoh, read provincial laws on reimbursement and eligibility of healthcare. IIRC, some have a 3 month wait while there are other where you are eligible from day 1. Also, if your move is going to be delayed, consider a soft landing, putting yourself up on the waitlist for daycare (if you need it).

Congratulations for both, the RFV and the baby! :)
Thank you! We do plan on delivering there so deciding not to inform IRCC.
I emailed Ontario Healthcare since that's where we're planning to go and they said that currently the 3 month waiting time is waived and we can get coverage immediately if we're eligible. However, I have heard that it takes a long time to find doctors, I'm not sure why that is.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
For ADR, they asked Travel History Info form and CV/Grad Kit from my spouse, is there any template or document for this? Thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
For ADR, they asked Travel History Info form and CV/Grad Kit from my spouse, is there any template or document for this? Thank you
Have they anywhere mentioned "Schedule A"? If they asked for a Schedule A, you'll have to attach a schedule A (even though you did Schedule A earlier, make sure to check if you are missing anything in this). They usually do a Schedule A + CV when travel history and CV is requested.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Have they anywhere mentioned "Schedule A"? If they asked for a Schedule A, you'll have to attach a schedule A (even though you did Schedule A earlier, make sure to check if you are missing anything in this). They usually do a Schedule A + CV when travel history and CV is requested.
Yes, they also asked schedule A from both of us, I found that document online and filled out.

They asked schedule A from me, Schedule A + Grad kit/CV + travel info from my spouse. I could not find any form related 'travel info' or 'grad kit/cv'.

modern_finance

Dec 10, 2020
FSW - Inland
AOR- 27nd April 2023
MP/UCI/BIL- 9 May 2023
Eligibility- 'Recommend Pass ' on 29 May still in progress
Background Check - 6 June 2023

I am very surprised my eligibility is still not complete given that it was a recommended pass and my background check shows completed. Can anyone shed light?

cloudgeek

Jul 10, 2022
Today I got email from IRCC saying
Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no
undue delays.
Do I need to reply to same email or is there any portal where I can update the requested information ?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
FSW - Inland
AOR- 27nd April 2023
MP/UCI/BIL- 9 May 2023
Eligibility- 'Recommend Pass ' on 29 May still in progress
Background Check - 6 June 2023

I am very surprised my eligibility is still not complete given that it was a recommended pass and my background check shows completed. Can anyone shed light?
Recommended Pass means the Case Analyst has looked over it and think's that section is good. A VO still needs to sign off Pass for it to change to Completed on the trakcer. It's normal. BGC will normally begin after Eligibility is "Recommended Pass or Pass".