+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I rent in Bangalore currently, this is not new/shocking for me
But appreciate your help.
Banglore is still cheaper compared to most cities in Canada. It doesn't go without saying that there's an invisible competition. In Banglore, you see rent, you make an offer and get it.

For example, I can see listings like these for Banglore: https://www.99acres.com/4-bhk-bedroom-independent-house-villa-for-rent-in-chambenahalli-bangalore-east-1500-sq-ft-spid-L69155126

A place like that would be 5x the price in Canada (even in affordable places Calgary).

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Banglore is still cheaper compared to most cities in Canada. It doesn't go without saying that there's an invisible competition. In Banglore, you see rent, you make an offer and get it.

For example, I can see listings like these for Banglore: https://www.99acres.com/4-bhk-bedroom-independent-house-villa-for-rent-in-chambenahalli-bangalore-east-1500-sq-ft-spid-L69155126

A place like that would be 5x the price in Canada (even in affordable places Calgary).
Of course it's more expensive in Canada, thats no surprise. But the rent market is crazy in Bangalore right now. Not everywhere, but places close to the tech corridor. Those won't show up in searches because people are willing to pay insane premiums. Each place has its own set of challenges, there's no paradise.

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
No no that. I paid $85 for my spouse only and answered YES to "Have you done biometrics in last ten years?" because I have a visa from 2017. They asked me to pay another $85 for myself since they don't have bios on file for me.

Some digging around, it seems it might be that it wasn't done the way they needed or it was done incorrectly back then in my country.

No. Been in progress since i got access to the tracker on May 11.
Mine has been in progress since 26th April. Else all completed. Don't know how long more.

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023
Mine has been in progress since 26th April. Else all completed. Don't know how long more.
Just wanted to add I'm also waiting on BGC, everything else being completed.
My BGC has been in progress since 9th May when I got access to the tracker.
Anyone else in this situation?

starlord91

May 14, 2023
Received RFV email yesterday! FSW-O. AOR 16th April. COPR generated: 5th June RFV: 6th June

The email says we need to inform the office immediately if any of the below and this is included
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

We are expecting a child, we got our chest x-rays done with the lead shield and wife's medical report states that she is pregnant, along with the expected due date. Do we still need to inform them?

If yes, then how? Our processing center is Ottawa.
The RFV email came from here IRCC.DoNotReplyCPC-O-NePasRepondreCTD-O.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: KTYD

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
Background Check in progress for me since approx 22 May. Eligiblity completed pretty quickly. Biometrics also in progress. Seems like BCG is causing the biggest wait time for some of us

Reactions: Josh_dan

akuralv

Nov 16, 2022
BG in progress since 10 May. I don’t even have eligibility started on tracker

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Received RFV email yesterday! FSW-O. AOR 16th April. COPR generated: 5th June RFV: 6th June

The email says we need to inform the office immediately if any of the below and this is included
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

We are expecting a child, we got our chest x-rays done with the lead shield and wife's medical report states that she is pregnant, along with the expected due date. Do we still need to inform them?

If yes, then how? Our processing center is Ottawa.
The RFV email came from here IRCC.DoNotReplyCPC-O-NePasRepondreCTD-O.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Assuming that your composition change (child birth) isn't going to happen before you land in Canada. Here's an answer by a VIP:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-ppr-but-my-wife-is-pregnant-should-we-submit-our-passport.507491/post-8377596

If you are unsure about where the baby would be delivered, that would be depend on where you are planning to deliver the baby.

Otoh, read provincial laws on reimbursement and eligibility of healthcare. IIRC, some have a 3 month wait while there are other where you are eligible from day 1. Also, if your move is going to be delayed, consider a soft landing, putting yourself up on the waitlist for daycare (if you need it).

Congratulations for both, the RFV and the baby! :)

Reactions: starlord91

koala91

Nov 24, 2022
Hi everyone! I just got the RFV email!!! Here's my timeline:
FSW-O
AOR - April 4, 2023
MEP/UCI/BIL - May 2, 2023
Biometrics submitted & updated - May 8, 2023
Eligibility and Background verification completed in tracker - Jun 1, 2023
COPR details visible in tracker - Jun 6, 2023
RFV email - Jun 7, 2023

This forum has been incredibly helpful while waiting. Good luck to folks who are still waiting!