+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
So, I have a friend who got their PPR fast as well, their default status was "We are processing your background check" and same (in processing) for eligibility right from AOR itself. Those status updates appear to be less meaningful (unless marked completed).

My timeline is in my signature the line below (you should see "Expand signature" text over it below).

I'm Jan 2023 AOR btw, and my timeline is:

Category: FSW-O

AOR - Jan 26, 2023
MEP and BIL - Feb 3, 2023
Biometrics updated - Feb 7, 2023
RFV/PPR - Feb 22, 2023

VFS Passport pickup - Feb 24, 2023
Passports reached IRCC - March 1, 2023
Passports received back - March 17, 2023
Thanks a lot for your reply So basically it can mean the processing is fast also or it can be otherwise as well. Nothing specific per se. Anyways let’s hope for the best. Will update if there’s any, regarding mep….etc.

Thanks again

Last edited:

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Hi All :)

FSW - Inland

ITA - March 29, 2023

AOR - March 31, 2023

Technically I'm a March AOR, but I would consider my self an April one
Any update on medical?
I guess Friday, Sat, Sun and mon all are non working days this time. Correct me if I am wrong!

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
So, I have a friend who got their PPR fast as well, their default status was "We are processing your background check" and same (in processing) for eligibility right from AOR itself. Those status updates appear to be less meaningful (unless marked completed).

My timeline is in my signature the line below (you should see "Expand signature" text over it below).

I'm Jan 2023 AOR btw, and my timeline is:

Category: FSW-O

AOR - Jan 26, 2023
MEP and BIL - Feb 3, 2023
Biometrics updated - Feb 7, 2023
RFV/PPR - Feb 22, 2023

VFS Passport pickup - Feb 24, 2023
Passports reached IRCC - March 1, 2023
Passports received back - March 17, 2023
Wow. That was a quick turnaround on your case. Congratulations! Did you apply alone or with a spouse and kids?

caunak

Apr 11, 2023
Hi all,

I've received an ITA in late March, and plan to submit my application. I have a question and any help is much appreciated. It is regarding the NOC codes;

I have an engineering background and a PhD from outside Canada. I was paid during my PhD, and we didn't have any courses and it mostly was research, characterisation and experiments. I claimed the NOC code for my PhD experience the same as my background in engineering since I thought it also matched the job duties. In addition to that, I wanted that NOC code to be my primary/intended occupation (currently, I am a postdoc, and rather to have the engineering as the primary selection instead of the postdoc).

I was wondering whether it would be alright? has anyone had a similar experience and was it successful? I haven't yet accepted or decline the ITA.

What would be the best course of action in this case?

Thanks

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Category FSW-O
ITA-March 29
AOR-April 11

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Hi all,

I've received an ITA in late March, and plan to submit my application. I have a question and any help is much appreciated. It is regarding the NOC codes;

I have an engineering background and a PhD from outside Canada. I was paid during my PhD, and we didn't have any courses and it mostly was research, characterisation and experiments. I claimed the NOC code for my PhD experience the same as my background in engineering since I thought it also matched the job duties. In addition to that, I wanted that NOC code to be my primary/intended occupation (currently, I am a postdoc, and rather to have the engineering as the primary selection instead of the postdoc).

I was wondering whether it would be alright? has anyone had a similar experience and was it successful? I haven't yet accepted or decline the ITA.

What would be the best course of action in this case?

Thanks
in my opinion, NOC 41201 graduate research assistant suits you more, since PhD is generally more than 3 years, you will get the experience points,

Reactions: caunak