+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
A couple of things here. Biometric request is the first step in application process. Average processing time isn’t 60 days( from india, not sure where you applied from though) It’s usually what’s displayed on the CIC website ( around 150 days now). Some applications take less or some take more than this time. We’ve also been waiting since March. I’ve seen a couple of cases where MP told the applicants that their application was non-routine application but still they got PPR. Our MP didn’t tell us anything like that but still we’ve been waiting for longer than them so it’s all luck. Good luck!
Thanks for reply.

It's her 2nd time apply the visitor visa, she told me that in the last time, after she submitted the biometrics, she got approved within 1 week (year 2016). As for my little brother, he got approved in 10 days after submitting biometrics.
Their first steps are providing documentations and waiting for the request letter of biometrics, so I thought it's the last step of processing.

Anyway, thanks again and hope your application got approved soon.

Gippygippy

Aug 10, 2022
Thanks for reply.

It's her 2nd time apply the visitor visa, she told me that in the last time, after she submitted the biometrics, she got approved within 1 week (year 2016). As for my little brother, he got approved in 10 days after submitting biometrics.
Their first steps are providing documentations and waiting for the request letter of biometrics, so I thought it's the last step of processing.

Anyway, thanks again and hope your application got approved soon.
Things have changed a lot since 2016. IRCC is at its worst right now. They don’t have any streamlined process. Biometrics are valid for 10 years so if someone already did biometrics for their older applications, they won’t get another request letter.

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hi, I hope you are well.

I applied for my TRV from Canada, I am only given a TRV for 5 months and valid till March 2023 only, although I have a work permit till 2025. Any idea why my visa is for such a short time? I thought I would get until the validity of my Work permit. My passport is also valid till 2027. I haven't received my passport yet, online portal shows in the counterfoil that my TRV expiry date is on March 2023

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
My spouse's visa application was refused, we applied through Delhi VO
Applied - April 23, 2022
Biometrics - April 28, 2022
Final decision - October 20, 2022: We regret to inform you that your application was refused
Reason given was that the Visa officer was not convinced that she would leave at the end of her visa, as she has strong family ties in Canada
Which visa did you apply?
Did you raise any web form between your application.

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Visitor visa for younger brother timeline-
Applied - Apr 26
Generic Refusal Letter - Oct 23
Stating that he will not leave Canada, eligibility check - does not meet.

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Visitor visa for younger brother timeline-
Applied - Apr 26
Generic Refusal Letter - Oct 23
Stating that he will not leave Canada, eligibility check - does not meet.
Did you raise any web form while your brother file processing ?
Did your brother married?

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Did you raise any web form while your brother file processing ?
Did your brother married?
I raised a web form to ask about the status as he was supposed to travel with my parents who were travelling in September. But his result came in October.
Yes, my brother is married.

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I raised a web form to ask about the status as he was supposed to travel with my parents who were travelling in September. But his result came in October.
I think you need to apply your brother visa alone like not with your parents because I did the same in my last refusal. They want strong ties with home countries. What is the Refusal reason.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did he apply as his own applicant as he is not under 22, married and not a dependant of you? If so that is why his eligibility is not met and this is not a generic reason for refusal.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Has anyone from Bangladesh or Singapore applied for visit visas in March/April that got it already? Its been so many months already! They asked for more employment information for the father (who retired 20 years ago!!) Which was provided back in August. In addition, they had visas before from Canada! So i assumed they would fall under CAN+

reza123456

Apr 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a problem here if someone can comment and help.
My sister in law applied for Visitor Visa, she is 21 years old. I wrote a letter as an invitation letter to invite her to Canada for 3 weeks for our wedding ceremony. I am PR and my wife is on Work Permit (We have applied for PR Sponsorship for my wife also).

My sister in law provided so many documents including back home documents for ties and financial situations. I have also put financial documents for my financial situation.

Anyway, yesterday her application got refused. The reasons they wrote are:

- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
- Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and accompanying family member(s), if applicable)

I do not understand these reasons when we wrote a letter to have her here for 3 weeks. She provided more that $20K in bank account back home, one apartment owned, I also provided proof of income $80K annually here in Canada.

Can someone help what these reasons are exactly and it is ok if she submits another application again soon? (with some changes in the application).

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have sent my passport for VISA printing and it is printed as well and currently on the way.
but counterfoil is not yet generated but status is showing as approved.

Any idea ?

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Did he apply as his own applicant as he is not under 22, married and not a dependant of you? If so that is why his eligibility is not met and this is not a generic reason for refusal.
He applied on his own. He is not under 22. When I said that I raised a web form, it was as if he is raising a web form. The refusal letter title was "Generic Refusal" Letter. He got married while his application was in progress.

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
I think you need to apply your brother visa alone like not with your parents because I did the same in my last refusal. They want strong ties with home countries. What is the Refusal reason.
Thank you. My brother did not apply for a visa with my parents but he said he will accompany them to Canada as they are travelling for the first time and after meeting me and staying with us for about 3 weeks, he will return home.
The refusal reasons in the generic refusal letter are as follows:

```
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

a. You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

b. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

c. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
```