Nothing since then.

Contacted MP 2 months ago and they said:
Eligibility under review.
Criminality passed.

That's it.

Reactions: Sanjar718

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
21 June no eligibility started yet and 6 refusal previous. Should I need raise web form
They’ll need time to review the past 6 refusals. No point in a webform as the replies are generic. Have you addressed the refusal reasons before reapplying for the 7th time? Can you share info about yourself, and past 6 refusal reasons?

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
This is my longest application that IRCC put hold. Rather than my last 6 refusals come within month. Even my 6th refusal come on February 2022 in a week.

aman604

Oct 23, 2022
My spouse's visa application was refused, we applied through Delhi VO
Applied - April 23, 2022
Biometrics - April 28, 2022
Final decision - October 20, 2022: We regret to inform you that your application was refused
Reason given was that the Visa officer was not convinced that she would leave at the end of her visa, as she has strong family ties in Canada

Uzman_Aw

Oct 24, 2022
Hey Folks,

Have been a silent observer on this forum. Thought this news may support this wonderful platform:

Visa Type: Visit
Country of Residence: Pakistan
Relation: Mother (Widowed) - I am the only son.
Application Date: 20 April 2022
Biometric Date: 27 April 2022
Passport Request: 21 October 2022

I assume Passport Request means that the visa has been approved.

Waited patiently for exactly 6 months. I did not receive any message or ghost update meanwhile. Would suggest the same.

Wish everyone all the best.

Sep 5, 2019
Applied for Visitor Visa for my Parents (Retired Teachers) from India. They had 3 refusals previously (including applications submitted from agents or lawyers)

I am on study permit and my wife have open work permit.

Timelines:

Applied online through IRCC portal: April 20, 2022
Biometrics: Already done during first application
Passport Request (for both): October 25, 2022

This time we submitted property assessment and their pension letter.

Last edited:

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
my friend applied in April, submitted the biometrics in June,

according to the average processing time, it takes about 60 days to process, but now, it's almost 5 months.
Her fiance just get message from MP's officer said, there are "extra assessments" required which means that there is no processing time for this application.

Before seeing this post and replies, I thought that "ask for biometrics" is the last step of an application, asking for it usually means the other materials have been reviewed and generally approved.
After reading this post and replies, seems there are similar situations...

Do you have an idea usually why this happens or what does she or her fiance can do?

Is it possible that IRCC sends a physical mail to her fiance's address and ask for a reply or interview, and if her fiance did not get / check the mail, then the process will never be done?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gippygippy

Aug 10, 2022
my friend applied in April, submitted the biometrics in June,

according to the average processing time, it takes about 60 days to process, but now, it's almost 5 months.
She just get message from MP's officer said, there are "extra assessments" required which means that there is no processing time for this application.

Before seeing this post and replies, I thought that "ask for biometrics" is the last step of an application, asking for it usually means the other materials have been reviewed and generally approved.
After reading this post and replies, seems there are similar situations...

Do you have an idea usually why this happens or what does she or her fiance can do?

Is it possible that IRCC sends a physical mail to her fiance's address and ask for a reply or interview, and if her fiance did not get / check the mail, then the process will never be done?

Thanks.
A couple of things here. Biometric request is the first step in application process. Average processing time isn’t 60 days( from india, not sure where you applied from though) It’s usually what’s displayed on the CIC website ( around 150 days now). Some applications take less or some take more than this time. We’ve also been waiting since March. I’ve seen a couple of cases where MP told the applicants that their application was non-routine application but still they got PPR. Our MP didn’t tell us anything like that but still we’ve been waiting for longer than them so it’s all luck. Good luck!

Reactions: dreamon2019