+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Paper/Online

gckiran

Jun 6, 2022
Hi, My Spousal PR application (outland) is still in progress (medicals completed). The question i have is that once the COPR and PPR are completed, can my spouse travel alone to Canada? or do we (sponsor) need to accompany them when coming to Canada for first time.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Did anyone experienced this as give your biometrics and medical test in different location(Eg: if you are in other state in India while you have received BIO and MED request)?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Did anyone experienced this as give your biometrics and medical test in different location(Eg: if you are in other state in India while you have received BIO and MED request)?
Yes, and completely does not matter. YOu can do them anywhere in the world, and separate completely if you wish.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, My Spousal PR application (outland) is still in progress (medicals completed). The question i have is that once the COPR and PPR are completed, can my spouse travel alone to Canada? or do we (sponsor) need to accompany them when coming to Canada for first time.
No. You don’t have to.

Aug 5, 2021
Hello,

I am wondering that is there anyone like my situation.

I applied outland Spousal sponsorship online on Apr 15, 2022. Now I received AOR on July 21, 2022 but since then we have not received any biometrics or medical request yet.

The online PR tracker is still showing
Eligibility: Not started
Biometrics : Not requested
Medical exam: Not started

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Yes, and completely does not matter. YOu can do them anywhere in the world, and separate completely if you wish.
Thanks for your reply.

When we book for those BIO and MED as long as we have the required documents to bring them is fine? They don't verify address mentioned in our sponsorship application?

skippyk39

Apr 18, 2022
I applied online but received an email to link the paper application for my wife's permanent residency to her account. Is this something I should do or just continue to use the online tracker?

So far everything has been fine and we have been getting messages through our email and the tracker is updating with all the steps that we are currently going through. I just don't want to miss anything in case.

Jitinsingh

Jul 29, 2020
Hello Everyone, this forum helped me a lot so wanted to update everyone. My application shows processing completed, here is the timeline:
Applied online - April 10
AOR - June 12
Status update - June 12 (completeness check
done)
Biometric - June 16
Medical request - June 28
Medical Completed - July 7
Eligibility completed - August 4
Background verification done - August 4
Invitation to pre arrival services - August 5

processing was done at CPC Ottawa and file never went to New Delhi or any other visa office.

I applied from Canada and the spouse is in India.
I’m not sure what the next step will be but I’m hoping it’s comes soon.

thanks

• Love
Reactions: Kiikii and indersid

lolo2022

Aug 2, 2022
Hello Everyone, this forum helped me a lot so wanted to update everyone. My application shows processing completed, here is the timeline:
AOR - June 12
done)
Biometric - June 16

processing was done at CPC Ottawa and file never went to New Delhi or any other visa office.

thanks
hi, does your ECAS show decision made?

the_elsh

May 28, 2018
Hello all, thank you for sharing your progress. I submitted my application on april 26.(online based)

Never received anything from IRCC.
Wife is from Morocco.
So i reached MP of my city, area. They were very helpful, they reached out to IRCC, and found out( got an answer within 2 business days) that status now is "criminality in progress".

My wife also submitted her biometrics in 2020. ( Valid for 10 years)

I was suggested by a friend to reach out to IRCC for updates. I'll reach out again to my MP if no updates in a month. Hope that helps.

Ramptp

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello all, thank you for sharing your progress. I submitted my application on april 26.(online based)

Never received anything from IRCC.
Wife is from Morocco.
So i reached MP of my city, area. They were very helpful, they reached out to IRCC, and found out( got an answer within 2 business days) that status now is "criminality in progress".

My wife also submitted her biometrics in 2020. ( Valid for 10 years)

I was suggested by a friend to reach out to IRCC for updates. I'll reach out again to my MP if no updates in a month. Hope that helps.
Did you receive any AOR or file number or any reference to track?

Briva912

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
AOR - June 12
done)
Biometric - June 16

thanks
Looks like you are all set, just waiting game now