+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

FXie

Feb 8, 2023
Yeah thats normal, that is what I mentioned, wait all these messages to go then you will go through, just wait and you will get the messages I mentioned
Thanks! It worked! The trick is that i was calling from a quebec number, so french was the default language. I hid my caller ID and it worked! Unfortunately no one took my call, you know what’s the best times during the day to call?

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Thanks! It worked! The trick is that i was calling from a quebec number, so french was the default language. I hid my caller ID and it worked! Unfortunately no one took my call, you know what’s the best times during the day to call?
Keep calling, and wait, there is an a call back option, you can leave your number and they will call back within 30 mins. I usually get someone whenever I call, the trick is to keep calling until you get the second message I mentioned before

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Keep calling, and wait, there is an a call back option, you can leave your number and they will call back within 30 mins. I usually get someone whenever I call, the trick is to keep calling until you get the second message I mentioned before
What do you say when you call?

FXie

Feb 8, 2023
Perfect, thanks!

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
They told me the same thing two days before all turned green! actually tracker showed everything completed on the same day I called them!
The officer wasn't as nice as the one you got... they weren't interested in my concerns or typing down anything :( But hopefully I'll get something this week! Even if they complete LPP today, it takes a couple days to update the tracker, right??

Btw, is your oath still tomorrow? Were you able to get an in-person one? Have fun!! :)

faridbandeali

Jul 14, 2023
Hi Folks, I applied for my citizenship on April 2022 and got my AOR in May 2022. Since then only one update on Nov 2022 for completion of my BG check. There is a ghost update on March 2nd but nothing after that. I called my MP and Cic but they said application is within 19 months cant do anything. What should i do now?

Reactions: diogosouza

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Hi Folks, I applied for my citizenship on April 2022 and got my AOR in May 2022. Since then only one update on Nov 2022 for completion of my BG check. There is a ghost update on March 2nd but nothing after that. I called my MP and Cic but they said application is within 19 months cant do anything. What should i do now?
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? I would do that plus CBSA notes. If you are unsure how you can search the forum for instructions.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
No i have not ordered this. I will check how to order. Will this help?
It could give you an idea of what is happening with your file. Or it could show nothing, like mine have. But still good to check.

samvedan

Mar 22, 2022
hello everyone,

this is my first post here. I've just received an 'Attend the interview' update on my tracker. It is scheduled in the last week of September. I haven't got any email stating instructions on how to attend this interview yet.
There are some travel plans and I might be outside Canada during that time. It'll be very helpful if anyone can please share about these interviews being online or in person ? If they are online at all, can I appear from outside Canada ?
appreciate anyone helping

thank you
samvedan

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
hello everyone,

this is my first post here. I've just received an 'Attend the interview' update on my tracker. It is scheduled in the last week of September. I haven't got any email stating instructions on how to attend this interview yet.
There are some travel plans and I might be outside Canada during that time. It'll be very helpful if anyone can please share about these interviews being online or in person ? If they are online at all, can I appear from outside Canada ?
appreciate anyone helping

thank you
samvedan
I did my interview online via Microsoft Teams… when you get the email, follow the instructions about attending Outside of Canada.. I did my while on vacation abroad.. Good luck!

Reactions: samvedan

samvedan

Mar 22, 2022
I did my interview online via Microsoft Teams… when you get the email, follow the instructions about attending Outside of Canada.. I did my while on vacation abroad.. Good luck!
thank you for replying.

can you please share the time it took between tracker update and instructions email ?
what did they ask you during the interview and how long did it last ?

-samvedan

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
thank you for replying.

can you please share the time it took between tracker update and instructions email ?
what did they ask you during the interview and how long did it last ?

-samvedan
I got the email first and the the tracker was updated 2-3 days after.. the interview lasts 10-15 min. Basic questions about your application.. jobs, travels, checking documents.. so simple

samvedan

Mar 22, 2022
I got the email first and the the tracker was updated 2-3 days after.. the interview lasts 10-15 min. Basic questions about your application.. jobs, travels, checking documents.. so simple
that's very helpful.
thank you for your replies and all the best for the rest of your journey.
I hope and pray that you get your citizenship soon.

-samvedan

Reactions: ppcg2510 and EGH