GU1 - Oct 28th 2022
GU2 - Nov 1st 2022
Fingerprint Request email - Nov 9, 2022
Fingerprint Submitted - Nov 10, 2022
Fingerprints mailed to IRCC - Nov 17, 2022
Test Invite Letter - November 23, 2022
Test Date - Nov 25th, 2022
Fingerprint received by IRCC - Nov 27th, 2022
Test completed - Nov 28th, 2022 (portal updated on Nov 30)
Everything reset and back in progress - Dec 14th, 2022
Back to completed test - Dec 17th, 2022
Ghost Update - March 2, 2023 most likely a system wide update
Background check complete - May 29th, 2023 (updated on May 31st, 2023)
LPP - June 8th, 2023 (Updated on June 10th 2023)
Citizenship ceremony in progress - June 14th (updated on June 16th 2023)
Oath Letter - June 27th 2023
Oath Ceremony - July 7th 2023
Citizenship tracker closed - July 11th 2023
Citizenship Certificate Received - July 12th 2023

Reactions: forw.jane

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
What I,m still not understanding why IRCC are moving our application from Scarbrough and sending them to Sydney only to sit in a pile with no movement this dosent make any sense folks after us already getting there passport this is fear yo if we didnt meet the citizenship requirements let us know stop treating us according to what country we came from cause my application is one of the easiest never travel outside this country since i arrive my primary language is english what is the hold up my background today makes 5 months since my test complete and nothing can we all please comment which country yall are from who all are stuck Im from the Bahamas

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
What I,m still not understanding why IRCC are moving our application from Scarbrough and sending them to Sydney only to sit in a pile with no movement this dosent make any sense folks after us already getting there passport this is fear yo if we didnt meet the citizenship requirements let us know stop treating us according to what country we came from cause my application is one of the easiest never travel outside this country since i arrive my primary language is english what is the hold up my background today makes 5 months since my test complete and nothing can we all please comment which country yall are from who all are stuck Im from the Bahamas
It is your assumption there your application is very easy but not traveling at all doesn’t make it easier, it makes it harder due to lack of entry / exits. Background takes longer for many applications as security takes about 6 months to clear which forms a part of BG. There are ppl with secret clearances, nexus cards, govt clearances who have also gotten stuck with their background checks.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
it is the process and applications distribution among "busy" offices! it is 100% luck, and only luck!!! there is a timeframe for every stage of process, and its up to the officer to finish on time or act as being busy and put you back in the queue, knowing that they should be busy processing application not walking the dog or their side hustles!!!!

I had 3 dreams this morning, that my LPP turned green (twice) and started crying as well attended a ceremony somewhere and officers picked all who were born in July to do the oath, LIKE ME :D:D but woke up to the March 2 reality !!!! Mentally I am really f''''d!!!!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
It is your assumption there your application is very easy but not traveling at all doesn’t make it easier, it makes it harder due to lack of entry / exits. Background takes longer for many applications as security takes about 6 months to clear which forms a part of BG. There are ppl with secret clearances, nexus cards, govt clearances who have also gotten stuck with their background checks.
makes it tougher due to lack of entry/exits? I have several entry/exits and I am stuck too. So, does that make my application easier or tougher? LOL.

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
Interview would be to validate all your travel.
Thank you for your reply.
Already sent the passport pages with the application and only had two 3-week trips in the last 5 years so that is why i wasn't sure if it is normal or not. I thought they could just ask at the interview so was not sure why the pages were requested again.

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
usually they request passports scans and then interview, so its just the process, send them scans and show up for interview, and be ready as they might ask you to do the oath at spot!!
Thanks for the reply. I sent the scans again and there was no acknowledgement so hopefully it went through. Oh really!! i didn't know that it is a possibility. It is a virtual interview though so not sure. I'll prepare just in case.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I sent the scans again and there was no acknowledgement so hopefully it went through. Oh really!! i didn't know that it is a possibility. It is a virtual interview though so not sure. I'll prepare just in case.
If its virtual chances of oath is limited. But after interview 2-4 weeks oath would be scheduled.

Reactions: ada228