+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
4-6 months after test to get your ceremony (not a standard thing), and yes they can transfer applications to other offices, depending on their working load as well your location. Do you live around Sydney?
no i live in Ontario

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Finally done with this entire process! (except Passport, of course ;)) What a relief!

My rescheduled oath was today May 12th (in-person at the Scarborough office). The entire ceremony took approx. 1 hour 15 mins (12:30 to 1:45pm). They gave us the certificate towards the end of the ceremony.

After that, I had to rush to get my passport application to my sister, in the US (guarantor), so she could sign it and send it back in time for my travel!

I wish everyone on here all the best, and thanks for all the info and support, as we went through the ups and downs of what can be a trying journey at times!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Finally done with this entire process! (except Passport, of course ;)) What a relief!

My rescheduled oath was today May 12th (in-person at the Scarborough office). The entire ceremony took approx. 1 hour 15 mins (12:30 to 1:45pm). They gave us the certificate towards the end of the ceremony.

After that, I had to rush to get my passport application to my sister, in the US (guarantor), so she could sign it and send it back in time for my travel!

I wish everyone on here all the best, and thanks for all the info and support, as we went through the ups and downs of what can be a trying journey at times!
We both are Finally done , glad to meet you in person 747 captain, actually folks we sat beside each other ,we didn't even know . The Oath in person, Scarborough office was fast and very well organized, last but not least thanks to all the CANADA VISA users, replies good and sometimes bad advice :D, mods for the spreadsheets and i wish everyone all the best , thank you.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
We both are Finally done , glad to meet you in person 747 captain, actually folks we sat beside each other ,we didn't even know . The Oath in person, Scarborough office was fast and very well organized, last but not least thanks to all the CANADA VISA users, replies good and sometimes bad advice :D, mods for the spreadsheets and i wish everyone all the best , thank you.
Likewise cara269, pleasure's all mine! And yes it's funny how halfway through the ceremony we realized we'd been assigned seats right next to each other! :D

Saucer

Oct 28, 2019
Getting more and more worried the more I see people here post finished lol..

AOR: April 2022 (near end april i think)
BG: in progress
LPP: in progress
Test: completed dec 6
Ghost update: march 2

No other updates :(

hgspsd8

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Application Date: April 30, 2022
AOR: May 6, 2022
BG: Completed Dec 16, 2022
Test: completed Dec 31, 2022
Ghost update: March 3, 2023

No other updates

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Congrats to those already done with this! Most just forget about this forum after it's over, so thank you for the update! Let us know how the passport process goes :)
I have another question... do we get an email when LPP is complete?
No email - you just have to see the tracker for the update. The only email will be fina invite for the path closer to the ceremony date once you are scheduled.

Reactions: diogosouza

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Getting more and more worried the more I see people here post finished lol..

AOR: April 2022 (near end april i think)
BG: in progress
Test: completed dec 6
Ghost update: march 2

No other updates :(
pretty similar situation... BG is complete though

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hello friends!

Seeking some insight and advice on what I should do at the moment.

For context, here's my timeline thus far:
  • Method: Online application
  • Applicants: Single
  • Application sent: April 17, 2022
  • AOR: May 3, 2022
  • BG Complete: Nov 21, 2022
  • Citizenship Test window: Dec 2 to Dec 22, 2022
  • Additional document requested in the test invite letter: Passport - all pages
  • Passport copy emailed: Dec 1, 2022
  • Citizenship test date: Dec 3, 2022
  • Citizenship test status marked as 'Complete': Dec 5, 2022
  • Citizenship test status - online tracker updated: Dec 7, 2022
There has been no update after this on my application. Still waiting for LPP to be marked as complete.
I know a majority of the folks who applied in Apr 2022 have gotten their LPP complete and most are awaiting oath.

I've done 2 things so far:
  1. I called IRCC sometime at the end of March or early April and asked for an update. The agent confirmed that everything on my file looks good, there are no notes, red flags, or anything else that the officer has added to my file, and that I should just be patient as I'm still within the timeframe during which citizenship applications are processed.
  2. About a week or two after calling IRCC, I sent an email to the citizenship test (Scarborough) email ID generally asking for an update and inquiring if there was any more documentation needed from me (because I was asked to submit all pages of my passport earlier - which I did and received an email acknowledgement from the officer about it as well). I decided to send an email simply because a few people had reported that they saw updates on their file after emailing IRCC and some people even got a response. In my case, I didn't hear back – which is understandable as that email is not meant for general inquiries.
Current status:
IRCC site says that citizenship applicants can expect oath invites between 4 to 6 months from passing the test. As of today (May 10), I am 10 days past the 5-month mark, and getting really anxious about my application. I want to plan my travels soon and hence, would like some certainty and assurance about the processing timeline. If you factor in the 2-week long strike, then my 5 months would be up on May 17.

My questions:
  1. What would be the best way forward for me? I realize that there may be many others like me; I'm just looking to do a pulse check on the audience sentiment for this scenario. [I know that contacting IRCC is the most obvious answer but I'm keen on knowing what would you do if you were in this situation – reach out to IRCC or wait?]
  2. If you think I should contact IRCC (via phone, web form, or email) and ask for an update, do you think I should wait until 6 months are complete OR just do it right away?
  3. Are there any (April 2022) applicants here with a similar scenario? If so, what are your plans? Will you just continue to wait until there's some kind of update online?
  4. Was anyone else here stuck with updates on their file and then saw some movement/updates after contacting IRCC? If not you, do you know of anyone else who applied in some earlier months and faced a scenario like this i.e., no movement after taking the test? What happened in their case?
Any feedback, thoughts, or advice you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
This is a follow-up to my post from a couple of days ago:

My online tracker was updated today morning with a request for an interview. The interview is scheduled for June 8. I don't have the official email yet, so not sure if the interview is in person or online.

Did anyone here receive an interview invite? If so, which office? How long did the interview last? Can you share your experience? I'm keen on knowing what questions they ask and what are things I should be prepared with.

Thanks in advance!