+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Ruqayyahayyad

May 10, 2023
Good morning everyone, my online ceremony is this Friday. Do I need to have a zoom account or do I just click on the link they sent me?

mrcNabil

May 8, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble logging in to status checker? I’ve got my online oath invitation last week and couldn’t login yesterday and today! It takes my inputs successfully but keeps loading!

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Called IRCC, agent wasn't helping enough and rude, he started interrogating me on why I am calling and what's the point of calling if they didn't send a correspondence, and that I have to wait as everything looks normal and that he can't share more information!

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Called IRCC, agent wasn't helping enough and rude, he started interrogating me on why I am calling and what's the point of calling if they didn't send a correspondence, and that I have to wait as everything looks normal and that he can't share more information!
Some of the agents are really rude but there are some really nice agents. I was lucky to get connected to a good agent after my oath got cancelled and she was very nice in explaining what I can expect and even mentioned emailing the office for oath reschedule.

Reactions: Ranash and ada228

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Some of the agents are really rude but there are some really nice agents. I was lucky to get connected to a good agent after my oath got cancelled and she was very nice in explaining what I can expect and even mentioned emailing the office for oath reschedule.
I have called them like 5 times, this is the only rude one I had. I think I will stop calling and bugging them and leave it till it comes!! but can't get rid of checking tracker every morning !!

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hello friends!

Seeking some insight and advice on what I should do at the moment.

For context, here's my timeline thus far:
  • Method: Online application
  • Applicants: Single
  • Application sent: April 17, 2022
  • AOR: May 3, 2022
  • BG Complete: Nov 21, 2022
  • Citizenship Test window: Dec 2 to Dec 22, 2022
  • Additional document requested in the test invite letter: Passport - all pages
  • Passport copy emailed: Dec 1, 2022
  • Citizenship test date: Dec 3, 2022
  • Citizenship test status marked as 'Complete': Dec 5, 2022
  • Citizenship test status - online tracker updated: Dec 7, 2022
There has been no update after this on my application. Still waiting for LPP to be marked as complete.
I know a majority of the folks who applied in Apr 2022 have gotten their LPP complete and most are awaiting oath.

I've done 2 things so far:
  1. I called IRCC sometime at the end of March or early April and asked for an update. The agent confirmed that everything on my file looks good, there are no notes, red flags, or anything else that the officer has added to my file, and that I should just be patient as I'm still within the timeframe during which citizenship applications are processed.
  2. About a week or two after calling IRCC, I sent an email to the citizenship test (Scarborough) email ID generally asking for an update and inquiring if there was any more documentation needed from me (because I was asked to submit all pages of my passport earlier - which I did and received an email acknowledgement from the officer about it as well). I decided to send an email simply because a few people had reported that they saw updates on their file after emailing IRCC and some people even got a response. In my case, I didn't hear back – which is understandable as that email is not meant for general inquiries.
Current status:
IRCC site says that citizenship applicants can expect oath invites between 4 to 6 months from passing the test. As of today (May 10), I am 10 days past the 5-month mark, and getting really anxious about my application. I want to plan my travels soon and hence, would like some certainty and assurance about the processing timeline. If you factor in the 2-week long strike, then my 5 months would be up on May 17.

My questions:
  1. What would be the best way forward for me? I realize that there may be many others like me; I'm just looking to do a pulse check on the audience sentiment for this scenario. [I know that contacting IRCC is the most obvious answer but I'm keen on knowing what would you do if you were in this situation – reach out to IRCC or wait?]
  2. If you think I should contact IRCC (via phone, web form, or email) and ask for an update, do you think I should wait until 6 months are complete OR just do it right away?
  3. Are there any (April 2022) applicants here with a similar scenario? If so, what are your plans? Will you just continue to wait until there's some kind of update online?
  4. Was anyone else here stuck with updates on their file and then saw some movement/updates after contacting IRCC? If not you, do you know of anyone else who applied in some earlier months and faced a scenario like this i.e., no movement after taking the test? What happened in their case?
Any feedback, thoughts, or advice you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

This is a follow-up to my post from a couple of days ago:

My online tracker was updated today morning with a request for an interview. The interview is scheduled for June 8. I don't have the official email yet, so not sure if the interview is in person or online.

Did anyone here receive an interview invite? If so, which office? How long did the interview last? Can you share your experience? I'm keen on knowing what questions they ask and what are things I should be prepared with.

Thanks in advance!

New update: Just received the official email invitation for an in-person interview at Scarborough on June 8. Does anyone else here also have an interview/oath at Scarborough on the same day?

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
New update: Just received the official email invitation for an in-person interview at Scarborough on June 8. Does anyone else here also have an interview/oath at Scarborough on the same day?
congrats! Interesting that some people are still getting invited for 3 weeks away. The recent trend was for about 10 days... I hope that I get an invitation for around that time!

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
congrats! Interesting that some people are still getting invited for 3 weeks away. The recent trend was for about 10 days... I hope that I get an invitation for around that time!
I received an invitation for interview, not oath.

Reactions: diogosouza

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Anyone recently walked in to apply for passport? What was the experience and what’s the wait time for walk in?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp?po=1#table1caption

Try this link it tells you wait times and locations , I'm from downtown Toronto.

I did mines yesterday in Mississauga,377 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Main Floor, Suite 22 , I chose Mississauga over 74 Victoria Street, Suite 300 downtown because free parking ;), waited like 2hrs 15mins its very organized. Took the pick up option for May 31st, $20 extra, my flight first week in June.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
We're coming close to Canada Day ceremonies... I'm hoping they will be bigger events which means more invites for us!