+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I just called IRCC, same boxed answer, nothing to worry about, your application still in progress and everything looks in line and requested documents were added to your file etc... it is just about delays and things like that and you are still within the 22 month processing time and all is normal !!

I asked why some applications are processed faster, she said we get lots of urgent applications, that's why you might see applications moving fast (I would believe this).

I concluded that it totally depends on your officer and how active he/she is and the way they manage their time in processing applications, nothing standard!!!

omarps

May 3, 2022
Toronto
Update for tracking sheet:

Method: Online
Application Sent: April 19
AOR: May 3
Background Verification Complete: November 7
Ghost update: November 8
Citizenship test invite: November 27 for Dec 2- Dec 22 window.
Citizenship test taken: December 4
Citizenship test complete: December7
GU: March 2nd
(new) LPP complete: April 18 (Updated April 20)
Oath: not started

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Update for tracking sheet:

Application Sent: April 19
AOR: May 3
Background Verification Complete: November 7
Ghost update: November 8
Citizenship test invite: November 27 for Dec 2- Dec 22 window.
Citizenship test taken: December 4
Citizenship test complete: December7
GU: March 2nd
(new) LPP complete: April 18 (Updated April 20)
Oath: not started
Congrats!! that's a good news!! Oath won't be that long 2-4 weeks

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
Does anyone know whether you can come back to the country on an ETA on a foreign passport after taking the oath? My friend needs to travel 3 days after her ceremony so she can't wait for the certificate or apply for a Canadian passport but she has her old passport and can apply for an ETA to come back. She is just wondering whether this is a viable solution. Her country also accepts dual citizenship so her old passport will be valid.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Does anyone know whether you can come back to the country on an ETA on a foreign passport after taking the oath? My friend needs to travel 3 days after her ceremony so she can't wait for the certificate or apply for a Canadian passport but she has her old passport and can apply for an ETA to come back. She is just wondering whether this is a viable solution. Her country also accepts dual citizenship so her old passport will be valid.
If she will be doing the ceremony in person, she will get the certificate on spot and she can get the passport same day or the day after (assuming she already have a flight booked).

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
If she will be doing the ceremony in person, she will get the certificate on spot and she can get the passport same day or the day after (assuming she already have a flight booked).
She has everything booked but its an online ceremony. She is wondering whether she'll be allowed to enter the country by proving some other way that she's Canadian.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
She has everything booked but its an online ceremony. She is wondering whether she'll be allowed to enter the country by proving some other way that she's Canadian.
I think there is a way to get a passport from Canadian embassies abroad but she should have her certificate with her

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
If she is from a visa exempt country(ETA), she might be able to apply for a special authorization (see special authorization section below)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html#findOut
if she is not from a visa exempt country, she’s out of luck and is better off rescheduling her ceremony.

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
Reactions: ppcg2510

tkhera

Jan 10, 2019
I applied my application as a family and the all of the activity status for me and my wife is completed except ceremony. But for my kids, everything is either in progress or not started? Its been a month that my last status was updated and 2 months for my kids. Is there anyone like that or any help on when we will get ceremony update?
Hey I am in the same situation. My kids tracker also says in progress and ours is completed. Did the tracker for your kids shows completed now? How long did it took before moving to completed?

Canair

Feb 6, 2019
I wouldn’t believe a single word those “agents” say!! Some of them are truly helpful, but most of them just give canned responses!! Totally useless!
Yes, we all know that IRCC has the right to move the date, but I don’t think it happens commonly!
I wouldn’t believe a single word those “agents” say!! Some of them are truly helpful, but most of them just give canned responses!! Totally useless!
Yes, we all know that IRCC has the right to move the date, but I don’t think it happens commonly!
Mine is scheduled for Apr 25th. Haven’t received any oath confirmation email. Have you got mail confirmation ?

Zmushq

Apr 21, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my citizenship application time and get your advise:

Application Sent: April 15, 2022
AOR: May 4, 2022
Citizenship test invite: around November 12, 2022 and window to complete test was before Dec 2, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Nov 26, 2022
Citizenship test complete: December 5, 2022
Fingerprint Request: January 9, 2023
(This fingerprint request was not in the tracking portal)
Fingerprint given at the nearest RCMP collection center on: Jan 10, 2023
Background complete: March 10, 2023
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: all these three things are still in-progress
Oath: Not Started

If there is anyone in the group who gave Fingerprints and still waiting for LPP to complete please reply to this thread. After reading some of the threads, I learnt that sometimes Background can reopen again and Fingerprints will be asked if the LPP is not completed on time.
Is there any specific time for LPP to complete after the background and test. I completed test end of Nov so its almost 5 months and the webpage shows 4-6 months to get citizenship after test. Please share your experience.
Thank you!