Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my citizenship application time and get your advise:

Method: Online
Application Sent: April 15, 2022
AOR: May 4, 2022
Citizenship test invite: around November 12, 2022 and window to complete test was before Dec 2, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Nov 26, 2022
Citizenship test complete: December 5, 2022
Fingerprint Request: January 9, 2023
(This fingerprint request was not in the tracking portal)
Fingerprint given at the nearest RCMP collection center on: Jan 10, 2023
Background complete: March 10, 2023
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: all these three things are still in-progress
Oath: Not Started

If there is anyone in the group who gave Fingerprints and still waiting for LPP to complete please reply to this thread. After reading some of the threads, I learnt that sometimes Background can reopen again and Fingerprints will be asked if the LPP is not completed on time.
Is there any specific time for LPP to complete after the background and test. I completed test end of Nov so its almost 5 months and the webpage shows 4-6 months to get citizenship after test. Please share your experience.
Thank you!
Yes, the webpage do mention 4-6 months to get citizenship after test, however, a lot of people had to wait longer (based on reading forum posts).

Since your knowledge test and BG is completed, its a matter of time your LPP will be completed. I would recommend calling IRCC helpline and ask the following -

1. What are the status of your LPP?
2. Are there any notes/comments from the officer regarding LPP?

Please bear in mind that not helpline agents are nice enough to give you the details and you might end up hearing "22 months processing time bla bla.."

Reactions: Zmushq

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yes, the webpage do mention 4-6 months to get citizenship after test, however, a lot of people had to wait longer (based on reading forum posts).

Since your knowledge test and BG is completed, its a matter of time your LPP will be completed. I would recommend calling IRCC helpline and ask the following -

Please bear in mind that not helpline agents are nice enough to give you the details and you might end up hearing "22 months processing time bla bla.."
yeah ircc isnt helpful. My MP intervened. Still no luck. LPP pending 4.5 months after test.

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Does anyone know whether you can come back to the country on an ETA on a foreign passport after taking the oath? My friend needs to travel 3 days after her ceremony so she can't wait for the certificate or apply for a Canadian passport but she has her old passport and can apply for an ETA to come back. She is just wondering whether this is a viable solution. Her country also accepts dual citizenship so her old passport will be valid.
Great question. While I don't have any oath date in sight but I have a trip in July/ August. My country also accepts dual citizenship...and no need a visa to enter Canada...so I'm thinking I could just use my country's passport to leave and get back...if I would find myself in this exact same situation as your friend. Or do the other option which is to postpone the oath.

Last edited:

Kunalmahajan

Nov 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my citizenship application time and get your advise:

Method: Online
Application Sent: April 15, 2022
AOR: May 4, 2022
Citizenship test invite: around November 12, 2022 and window to complete test was before Dec 2, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Nov 26, 2022
Citizenship test complete: December 5, 2022
Fingerprint Request: January 9, 2023
(This fingerprint request was not in the tracking portal)
Fingerprint given at the nearest RCMP collection center on: Jan 10, 2023
Background complete: March 10, 2023
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: all these three things are still in-progress
Oath: Not Started

If there is anyone in the group who gave Fingerprints and still waiting for LPP to complete please reply to this thread. After reading some of the threads, I learnt that sometimes Background can reopen again and Fingerprints will be asked if the LPP is not completed on time.
Is there any specific time for LPP to complete after the background and test. I completed test end of Nov so its almost 5 months and the webpage shows 4-6 months to get citizenship after test. Please share your experience.
Thank you!

I have the similar timeline with same office that is montreal... waiting for LPP to be completed

Saucer

Oct 28, 2019
Anyone else in my situation? AOR April 2022, test done in December. LPP and background still in progress. Ghost update March 2, 2023 and nothing else...

Reactions: Usagisan

Zmushq

Apr 21, 2023
Thank you Johnyrose.
I have called the IRCC mutliple times and like you have mentioned they literally gave me the same answer multiple times stating - "current estimation is 23 months" for citizenship application and we do not need any information from your side. Although I tried to insist to get better response than their template answer but they were stuck and didn't give me much.

I can see in the forum that most of the applicants from April 2022 and infact from May 2022 have completed or in process for oath ceremony. I suspect their process was faster since there was no FingerPrint check involved. I am not sure if they will be taking an interview like other Fingerprint applicants or would the LPP gets completed without the interview. I contacted some of other applicants from May 2022 and they completed their oath in March 2023. Could anyone from here please share the experience after the Fingerprints, BG check how soon it LPP got completed for you?
Also, is it worth applying from GCMS notes? Also, I see some threads to related to MP intervention - is it possible to engage them before 23 months?

Reactions: ppcg2510

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Anyone else in my situation? AOR April 2022, test done in December. LPP and background still in progress. Ghost update March 2, 2023 and nothing else...
I was in this boat, my LPP is completed on April 17th. No info on oath.