+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

nraj

Oct 9, 2018
  • Niagra Falls IRCC
  • Apr 4, 2023
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Apr 4, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Apr 4, 2023
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 27, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 24, 2023
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between February 24, 2023 and March 16, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 17, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Oct 28, 2022
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Apr 25, 2022
    Application filed

annalimmie

Nov 10, 2017
Type: Online application, Single
Physical Presence: 1106 days
Application submitted: April 7, 2022
AOR: April 25, 2022
BG Completed: November 28, 2022
GU: Dec 16, 2022
Test Invite: Feb 17, 2023
Test Window: Feb 24 - Mar 17
Processing Office: Niagara Falls
Test Taken: Feb 25, 2023
Test Completed: Feb 27, 2023
Language: April 5, 2023(Tracker Updated April 7, 2023)
Prohibitions: April 5, 2023 (Tracker Updated April 7, 2023)
Physical Presence: April 5, 2023 (Tracker Updated April 7, 2023)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Apr 9, 2023
Hi everyone. I have my oath scheduled for the 8th of May. I have a question for my fellow Indians: Do I automatically lose Indian citizenship the minute I get my Canadian one or is it still valid until I renounce the Indian passport and inform the Indian government? Just curious about how this process works.

Reactions: akhileshtekchand

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi everyone. I have my oath scheduled for the 8th of May. I have a question for my fellow Indians: Do I automatically lose Indian citizenship the minute I get my Canadian one or is it still valid until I renounce the Indian passport and inform the Indian government? Just curious about how this process works.
You have 3 months to apply for surrender of Indian citizenship once you acquire Canadian citizenship. Once you get your Canadian citizenship certificate - you should apply for Canadian passport and then proceed to do the surrender. It’s a fairly straightforward process with BLS. As per Indian rules. You are ineligible for Indian citizenship after you acquire one from another country but it is a self initiated process as mentioned above. Following the surrender, you will get a surrender certificate which you can then use to apply for a tourist visa to India or OCI whichever you prefer. Hope this helps.

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys,

My LPP completed on Jan 30. I had a ghost update on April 7. Did this happen to anybody else?In my list, ceremony is not started yet. When should I expect an update?

My timeline is as follow:

Online application from Calgary (single)

AOR: May 9, 2022
Background completed: November 8, 2022
Citizenship test: November 28, 2022. (test window: Nov 28 until Dec 12, 2022)
Citizenship test updated in tracker: Dec 8, 2022
LPP completed: Jan 30, 2023
citizenship ceremony: Not started

Your citizenship application status: In progress

Ghost updates on March 2, and April 7, 2023.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023
You have 3 months to apply for surrender of Indian citizenship once you acquire Canadian citizenship. Once you get your Canadian citizenship certificate - you should apply for Canadian passport and then proceed to do the surrender. It’s a fairly straightforward process with BLS. As per Indian rules. You are ineligible for Indian citizenship after you acquire one from another country but it is a self initiated process as mentioned above. Following the surrender, you will get a surrender certificate which you can then use to apply for a tourist visa to India or OCI whichever you prefer. Hope this helps.
I think my question was a little more technical. I need to apply for a business visa as soon as I get my Canadian passport which means I cannot surrender my Indian passport for a few months. So in that period where I have two passports, do I say I am a citizen of Canada AND India on my business visa application?

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Hi guys,

My LPP completed on Jan 30. I had a ghost update on April 7. Did this happen to anybody else?In my list, ceremony is not started yet. When should I expect an update?

My timeline is as follow:

Online application from Calgary

AOR: May 9, 2022
Background completed: November 8, 2022
Citizenship test: November 28, 2022
Citizenship test updated in tracker: Dec 8, 2022
LPP completed: Jan 30, 2023
citizenship ceremony: Not started

Your citizenship application status: In progress

Ghost updates on March 2, and April 7, 2023.
give it a couple of weeks. There are still lots of applicants applied months before you and still their LPP not completed yet, it is all a matter of luck, who is processing your application, new or expert, lazy or active, working hard or just putting hours and collecting pay cheques, etc....

my wife's application was processed pretty fast, like the officer was putting all her/his efforts to process the application, timeline was perfect, no delays nothing like that, the officer was pretty organized and knowing what they are doing. mine is a mess!!! and still waiting!!

Reactions: Sam_1986

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
give it a couple of weeks. There are still lots of applicants applied months before you and still their LPP not completed yet, it is all a matter of luck, who is processing your application, new or expert, lazy or active, working hard or just putting hours and collecting pay cheques, etc....

my wife's application was processed pretty fast, like the officer was putting all her/his efforts to process the application, timeline was perfect, no delays nothing like that, the officer was pretty organized and knowing what they are doing. mine is a mess!!! and still waiting!!

Oh ok many thanks. I hope your application starts to move also.

Apr 9, 2023
Oh ok many thanks. I hope your application starts to move also.
Just to give you some more peace of mind, my wife and I applied together and she had her oath 3 months before my date even though I have been in the country much longer than her so had more days. It really depends on who gets your application.

• Sad
Reactions: ada228

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Just to give you some more peace of mind, my wife and I applied together and she had her oath 3 months before my date even though I have been in the country much longer than her so had more days. It really depends on who gets your application.
Yeah, I would expect the process to be on first come/first serve basis but apparently it is not!

Reactions: ada228

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
which is something ridiculous, as there should be a consistency in processes and procedures, and also targets that must be meet!!!