+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
anyone had an interview recently? how long did it take for LPP to turn green and receive the oath invite?
I have been asked for passports scans on March 2nd, only language turned green and the rest still in progress! not sure if I will be called for an interview

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Today I decided to email the Vancouver office with additional language documentation (my in-progress MBA transcript), just in case there is a hold up with anything to do with my language.

Test completed Nov 21, test showed complete Nov 30 and nothing since... so if I can help move it along, I should try!

I received this automatic reply, which I hadn't received before:

--

Thank you for contacting the Vancouver Citizenship Office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This confirms we have received your correspondence.

Please note: This email is for Canadian Citizenship Ceremony inquiries ONLY.

Due to the volume of emails we receive every day, we will only be replying to you if we require more information from you. If you are providing requested documents, please submit in .JPG or .PDF only. We will not provide you with a confirmation of receipt.

***If your email does not include your Application Number*** 

You must include your Application Number, Full Name, and UCI in the subject line and/or body of your email.

· If your enquiry is in regards to the Knowledge Test, please contact/email: DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca for assistance.

· If your enquiry is in regards to Hearings and Fingerprints, please contact/email: CIC-VancouverCitize@cic.gc.ca for assistance.

· If your enquiry is in regards to an interpreter and you were age 55+ on the date that you signed your application, you are responsible for providing your own interpreter if needed.

· If you require a Sign Language interpreter for the Citizenship Ceremony, please send us an email detailing your request along with your application number.

· If you received an invitation for a Canadian Citizenship Ceremony and you are out of the country with no specific return date, please be advised that you must be present in Canada to take the oath and become a Canadian citizen.

· If you are not able to attend your scheduled Canadian Citizenship Ceremony due to other reasons (with reasonable explanation) and would like to be rescheduled, please make sure you provide the date(s) of unavailability for when you CANNOT attend and you will be rescheduled accordingly. Please wait for another Canadian Citizenship Ceremony invitation which will be sent to you by email approximately 2-3 weeks before the ceremony date. We will only respond to you if we require additional information.

· Citizenship Certificates are mailed out 2-4 weeks after the citizenship ceremony date. We ask that you please wait 6 weeks after the ceremony to contact us if your certificate has not yet arrived.

Emails regarding file status will not be answered.

Any other general or specific application enquiries should be submitted via the IRCC Web form. Alternatively, you can contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html.

If you believe that your case is urgent, you can refer the to the following website for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request, and the supporting documents you will need to provide/prove your request is urgent:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.

Once your file is ready for the next step in the citizenship application process, you will receive an email notification. Please ensure to monitor your inbox, including the spam/junk folder, for future correspondence from IRCC.

Thank you for your understanding.

Vancouver Citizenship Office

PierreN

Nov 19, 2020
anyone had an interview recently? if so, how long did it take to get LPP updated and oath scheduled after having the interview?

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all
I am an online applicant applied on 2 April 2022 AOR 22 April 2022 and my test completed on 10 Nov and FP request on 7 Nov send them on 10 Nov and they were received on 28 Nov and after that no updates just had a ghost update on Mar 2 2023
So I called ircc and find out that my application is non routine because of the FP request so it will be longer Time then usual 23 months so it means I will not see any movement till next year and it made me crawl under my skin and I have no words to explain my feelings
So can someone else had the fingerprints requested and get their application moving and how much time it took to get the oath invitation
Please help if someone can
Thanks
Jas

Kunalmahajan

Nov 27, 2018
Hi all
I am an online applicant applied on 2 April 2022 AOR 22 April 2022 and my test completed on 10 Nov and FP request on 7 Nov send them on 10 Nov and they were received on 28 Nov and after that no updates just had a ghost update on Mar 2 2023
So I called ircc and find out that my application is non routine because of the FP request so it will be longer Time then usual 23 months so it means I will not see any movement till next year and it made me crawl under my skin and I have no words to explain my feelings
So can someone else had the fingerprints requested and get their application moving and how much time it took to get the oath invitation
Please help if someone can
Thanks
Jas
I guess I am on the same boat but I received my FP request after my test on Jan 19 and it got completed on Feb 27. Ghost update on march 2 no update after that.

Reactions: kareem.h.sakr

Peeshpie

Mar 19, 2023
I applied April 25, 2022 (online), in progress May 17 2022. Nothing since then. I don’t have an application number to use the citizenship tracker. Is this ‘normal’?
I have emailed my local MP.

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
Guys,

September 2022 - Applicants also started receiving the oath dates.
I don't know what to say.
I sent an email to the SCR Office and web form as well.
They answered, " We assure you that we are working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come, first served basis."
Is it a joke???

What should we do to get their attention???
No way, they are processsing first come first serve. lol

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
IRCC are like that, depends on who is your officer! my AOR is April 29, Scarborough office invited me for the test, then they asked for passports scans (since I am an online applicant) then tracker got updated with language complete, still presence and prohibitions in progress and tracker still shows they are waiting on more information !! I called IRCC twice and both times the agents told me nothing to worry about and my office is Mississauga and wait for next instructions and be patient its just a matter of time! seems they can see something but can't say! like yesterday's agent was talking a 100% nothing to worry about and he assured on me not to be stressed with a sincere tone :D
How do you even get to an agent. I never get to speak with everyone due to high call volumes :(

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I applied April 25, 2022 (online), in progress May 17 2022. Nothing since then. I don’t have an application number to use the citizenship tracker. Is this ‘normal’?
How did you know it's in progress without the application number? If you got to know by email then check to see if it has an attachment that says "Acknowledgement of Receipt" it contains your application number

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I had the same issue. Did not get the application number via the email. I called them up the IRCC. They told me the application number and that the system generated the email but it somehow did not deliver to my inbox.

Abdi555

Nov 10, 2022
  • Type: Online, single person
  • Submission Date: April 12, 2022
  • Physical Presence: 1146
  • AOR: April 28, 2022
  • Ghost Update 1: Nov 5, 2022
  • Fingerprint request: November 15, 2022
  • Fingerprints sent: November 17, 2022
  • Fingerprints received: November 30, 2022
  • Background check: Still in progress
  • LPP: updated to completed: February 27, 2023
  • Citizenship Test: March 01, 2023
  • Citizenship Test updated: March 01. 2023
  • Background check: Still in progress since November 15, 2023
  • Scarborough office
Disappointed that my background check is taking longer than expected, even though I have never left Canada since I came here.

Reactions: kareem.h.sakr