+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Abdi555

Nov 10, 2022
Those of you who received the Fingerprint requests, did you guys know whether IRCC received the results, and how long it takes for IRCC to receive the results from RCMP? Thanks

IrvHerblinger

Nov 17, 2022
application submitted online from calgary

Submitted: April 19, 2022
AOR: May 3, 2022
BG verification: November 4, 2032
Test invite: November 9, 2022 (window Nov. 14-Dec 4)
Test taken: November 14, 2022 (unofficially passed, waiting for official update)

tracker still shows test “not started”, seems like it just takes a while for IRCC to get around to it.

i think my processing office is Vancouver even though I’m in Calgary, nothing I’ve received has said what office, just “West Citizenship”.

Reactions: may2019

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Those of you who received the Fingerprint requests, did you guys know whether IRCC received the results, and how long it takes for IRCC to receive the results from RCMP? Thanks
the agency I got it done from said 3-4 weeks overall. They upload it on the RCMP server the same day. RCMP takes about 3 business days to get it verified and then they unfortunately send it to IRCC via snail mail. IRCC then takes maybe 2-3 weeks to update it.

Reactions: Abdi555

Abdi555

Nov 10, 2022
the agency I got it done from said 3-4 weeks overall. They upload it on the RCMP server the same day. RCMP takes about 3 business days to get it verified and then they unfortunately send it to IRCC via snail mail. IRCC then takes maybe 2-3 weeks to update it.
Thanks Zagcollins, hopefully IRCC will respond within the estimated 3-4 weeks.

Abrahamabraham

Jun 23, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question please.
My background check was cleared on 1st nov. And an other ghost update on 3rd November. After that nothing at all . It's been almost 20 days . I haven't received any test invite. My application was sent online 9 April. Aor april 26 .
I saw people who applied after me aome of them got their test invite. I am just worried why i didn't get the test invit yet . Do you think any problem with my application?
Thanks

Abrahamabraham

Jun 23, 2019
Updated above - no GU or emails until today for the test on the first application.
Did you get test invite? I am in the same situation. We have the same timeline i applied on 9th april online. Aor 26 april . Background check completed on the 1st November. GU on the 3rd November after that no update until now . Any updates for you ? Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
application submitted online from calgary

Submitted: April 19, 2022
AOR: May 3, 2022
BG verification: November 4, 2032
Test invite: November 9, 2022 (window Nov. 14-Dec 4)
Test taken: November 14, 2022 (unofficially passed, waiting for official update)

tracker still shows test “not started”, seems like it just takes a while for IRCC to get around to it.

i think my processing office is Vancouver even though I’m in Calgary, nothing I’ve received has said what office, just “West Citizenship”.
Does the the email address you got your invite from contains West in it ?

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
That could be a possibility, but I still do think that it’s a bit strange that all of a sudden IRCC seems to have gone silent!

Most people see some sort of movement within a few days of the GU. That said, I have seen on this forum (I think it was a month or so back), where someone got a GU. Then it took about 15 days before they got a second GU.

At least we know that it’s not something that’s gone wrong on one of our files, since all of us who got a GU around Nov 5 have not heard anything.
Sure hope so it’s freaking me out am checking my IRCC portal n losing it. It’s been 12 days after my GU on Nov 5th nothing most got test invites background completed. Nothing for me.

Reactions: 747-captain

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018

Application type: Paper
Physical presence: 1386 days
Application: Family of 4 (2adult and 2children)
Application sent: Apr 18, 2022
Application received: Apr 19, 2022
AOR : May 4th 2022
IP: May 5th 2022
Today 15th June - Background verification completed
TEST : Taken Sep 5th

Today - DECISION MADE updated on ecas but no changes on tracker - language/prohibitions/presence all in progress

Reactions: ppcg2510

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Did you get test invite? I am in the same situation. We have the same timeline i applied on 9th april online. Aor 26 april . Background check completed on the 1st November. GU on the 3rd November after that no update until now . Any updates for you ? Thanks
nope I got BG complete on 2nd and GU on the 4th and nothing since. It's just all moving at different times, i see some people in the May applications thread who have taken the test already... I hope we will be invited to take the test this year.

Reactions: 747-captain

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there, any progress on yours? we have not received anything and tried to connect with IRCC but is hard to get through the line.
Nope, nothing further yet.