+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

Ndlo006

Jun 24, 2021
My wife and I are currently in Malaysia, I am Canadian and she is Malaysian. And we have applied Outland. I’ve read in many sources that Outland applications have a very low % of approval. Is this correct?

currently we are at the stage where we have been requested to provide biometrics, medical and police reports. So we are still in the middle of the process.

I’ve also heard that many are being rejected bc the couple that do Outland are not showing enough evidence of the willingness to move right away to Canada. Some of the requirements are to show evidence of termination of employment, termination of rent or lease of current housing, closure of bank accounts, and others. I personally think this is extreme, what do they expect us to do? Live on the streets with bags of cash until we get approved?
Anyone in a similar situation?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
App received - Apr 20
Aor1 - Jun 4
Ecas in process - Jun 10
Moved to Manila VO - Jun 10

We have not been able to link the application to the PA gckey. We are only relying on email and ecas.

Up to now, have not received medical request. PA already has Biometric from previous TRV application. Why is this medical request taking so long? Is this normal? I see in the tracker that medical request is given almost immediately after AOR1.

Please advise. Thank you.

dhimanna

Jan 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App received - Apr 20
Aor1 - Jun 4
Ecas in process - Jun 10
Moved to Manila VO - Jun 10

We have not been able to link the application to the PA gckey. We are only relying on email and ecas.

Up to now, have not received medical request. PA already has Biometric from previous TRV application. Why is this medical request taking so long? Is this normal? I see in the tracker that medical request is given almost immediately after AOR1.

Please advise. Thank you.
I'm in the same boat. We have not been able to link the application. Also, have not received any medical/biometric request either.

We have been advised by our representative that for some it took up to 3 months to get AOR1 and there's no specific timeline during the pandemic crisis. Ecas shows in process. Details only shows file received. nothing after that.

Waiting patiently!!

Reactions: IceD.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My wife and I are currently in Malaysia, I am Canadian and she is Malaysian. And we have applied Outland. I’ve read in many sources that Outland applications have a very low % of approval. Is this correct?

currently we are at the stage where we have been requested to provide biometrics, medical and police reports. So we are still in the middle of the process.

I’ve also heard that many are being rejected bc the couple that do Outland are not showing enough evidence of the willingness to move right away to Canada. Some of the requirements are to show evidence of termination of employment, termination of rent or lease of current housing, closure of bank accounts, and others. I personally think this is extreme, what do they expect us to do? Live on the streets with bags of cash until we get approved?
Anyone in a similar situation?
There are many people who are/were in your situation, myself included. No it is not correct to say most outland apps are rejected. I think most are approved. They appear recently to be more strict where the sponsor is out of Canada. I don't recommend going to the extremes you mention but in the mean time it is good to have ties to Canada if you still do, having a solid plan for when you get here. Looking for employment, housing, letters of support. A CDN bank account, credit cards etc. What they want to see is that you plan to move to Cda very soon after getting the approval for PR.

Reactions: armoured

Rjbb

Jun 23, 2021
Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-13-2021
AOR Received.
18-05-2021
Med's Request
05/19/2021
Med's Done....
06/09/2021
Hello everyone!
Any April applicants got PPR yet?

Here’s my timeline:

April 13 - application received
May 18 - AOR1
May 19 - medical requested
June 9 - medical done
June 19 - pre arrival email received
June 23 - medical passed

I was told that I don’t need to do any pre-arrival services. Is this true?
Do you think I will get PPR soon?

Reactions: Angel1113

newcanada1023

Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

Here’s my timeline:

May 18 - AOR1
June 9 - medical done
June 23 - medical passed

So quick can you tell PA country

Reactions: OkaforJames

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone!

Here’s my timeline:

May 18 - AOR1
June 9 - medical done
June 23 - medical passed

Using the pre-arrival services is not mandatory. It is a free service provided by the gov't to acquaint Immigrants with various aspects of life in Canada and what to expect. If you've spent time in Canada then maybe it won't tell you anything new. If you haven't then it might be beneficial for you.

navjjj1

Apr 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Any April applicant got their Biometrics request? In India what is the latest appointment you can find? How long is usually the process after Medical request?

April 23 - Application sent
June 5th - AOR1
June 25th - Biometric requested
June 28th - Medical requested

Rjbb

Jun 23, 2021
Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-13-2021
AOR Received.
18-05-2021
Med's Request
05/19/2021
Med's Done....
06/09/2021
Hi Everyone,
Any April applicant got their Biometrics request? In India what is the latest appointment you can find? How long is usually the process after Medical request?

June 5th - AOR1
I read that it may take 3-5months to get DM after you passed the medical. I also saw some applications who get DM 1-2weeks after they passed the medical exam. So based on this, we can’t really predict how long. We can only hope that it’s soon!! Just try to schedule your medical exam asap. Goodluck!

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone,

June 5th - AOR1
Hi, yes my application was submitted on April 26. And we got our biometric request on June 8. Have scheduled biometric appointment for 19th July in Bengaluru. 3 weeks from now is the ideal wait time for a biometric appointment in any VFS.

At present, I personally know applicants from Jan 2020 and May 2020 who are still awaiting a decision on their application. So the process is quite a lot delayed.

MapleSyrup2

May 9, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
I have been trying to link our application online. After multiple attempts, the system was able to locate the file but when I go a step further, the system prompts that my representative has access to my application and in order for me to link the file, I'll have to disassociate the representative. I do not want to disassociate my representative at this time.

@legalfalcon - is there a way to link the file online without removing the representative? Please advise. Thank you so much in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have been trying to link our application online. After multiple attempts, the system was able to locate the file but when I go a step further, the system prompts that my representative has access to my application and in order for me to link the file, I'll have to disassociate the representative. I do not want to disassociate my representative at this time.

@legalfalcon - is there a way to link the file online without removing the representative? Please advise. Thank you so much in advance.
No, only one person can be linked to the gckey application at any one time.

Reactions: MapleSyrup2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

You cannot link your application is it is already linked in your reps profile. IRCC is coming up with a new status website where you will be able to see the progress while your rep can have access to the application. It will be available soon.

Reactions: MapleSyrup2