+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

NJB2021

Sep 28, 2020
Don't worry, it takes time. Some people get their biometrics request early, but some later. It doesn't really matter. All of you are going to get DM nearly in the same time.

I know it's not easy, but don't worry. Always keep in mind that the whole process will take nearly an year.
Thanks - yes, hard to be patient, but I guess that's the name of the game. :)

Reactions: MapleSyrup2

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi,

You will get information regarding your VO on the Sponsorship Approval e-mail. You can login to ECAS and check the updates of PA as well as Sponsor. Yes, once you give your biometrics, the GCKey is updated in a couple of days. You will see biometrics enrolment details there.

Regarding the timeline, there is no straight forward answers. It varies case by case and some get sooner than others. At present, considering applicants from India there hasn't been any visible progress in the tracking tool. Seems like New Delhi VO is mainly concentrating on student applications than family sponsorship.

Hello Everyone,

I am a PA applicant from India.

My application is received on April 9th 2021
We received AOR on May 18th 2021 and same day BIL
I completed on my Biometrics on 8th July 2021 and passed my medicals as well.

Can anyone help me what is the next process after Biometrics?

What is the current processing time to receive my COPR generally?

Mangalam123

Jul 11, 2021
Again, it depends on the application. Generally, you'll get biometrics and medicals even before your VO starts processing your application. It's confusing because you'll get those requests, sometimes, after your application is transferred to the VO, but you won't see an update that says, "We started processing your application" until very late. If you get that update, then your application is nearing completion.

Was the sponsor approved? When the sponsor is approved, they mention that they're transferring the application to the PA's VO.

Thanks. Yes, the sponsor was approved. And it said CPC Sydney, the same centre where we sent the application via courier. That's why it's confusing about where my file is handled.

Fredo

Jun 6, 2021
Hello, received SA on July 15 and Email states that Application will be forwarded to visa office in OTTAWA IR , is that normal? I thought they usually forward the application to the visa office that spouse currently resides at!

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello, received SA on July 15 and Email states that Application will be forwarded to visa office in OTTAWA IR , is that normal? I thought they usually forward the application to the visa office that spouse currently resides at!
Been noticing this trend quite frequent now. But in a way, its a blessing in disguise most likely. As from the portal, we could see applicants with files at CPC Ottawa getting faster processing timeline as compared to local VOs.

Fredo

Jun 6, 2021
being that the visa office is in Ottawa I thought the processing would faster too! Let’s hope for the best!

Fredo

Jun 6, 2021
Shortly after receiving the visa office, I received biometrics request and was wondering what comes after biometrics is done? Thank you for your time

May 28, 2021
Paid for the biometrics on 21 July 2021, just wondering when will I get Biometric request or Biometric instruction letter. Please let me know if anyone knows about it.
Thanks

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Paid for the biometrics on 21 July 2021, just wondering when will I get Biometric request or Biometric instruction letter. Please let me know if anyone knows about it.
Thanks
Nobody can tell when you will receive the request. If you already received AOR1, it should follow shortly and you just paid for the BIL fee so it may take few weeks to days. Raise a web form and attach the receipt.