Medicals completed: November 12, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: November 13th, 2021
Eligibility review started: November 13th, 2021
Decision Made for sponsor on eCAS: November 13th, 2021
AIP: November 15, 2021
Medical exam passed: November 22, 2021
Decision Made for Principal Applicant: November 26, 2021
Hi, Marabelle!
You got AOR in October (6 months later), but you haven't received the OWP yet?
What's the point for them, to send OWP together with the PR? :oops:

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Hi, Marabelle!
You got AOR in October (6 months later), but you haven't received the OWP yet?
What's the point for them, to send OWP together with the PR? :oops:
Well, I think they may be trying to do us a favour by doing it this way, although it's been very frustrating not being able to work while waiting. But this way, we can just ask for a refund of the soon to be unnecessary work permit. It sounds like between Afghanistan and Covid, there have been à lot of factors slowing them down.

I can't be too upset about it considering it seems like we are near the end of the process. If we get PR soon, it will be much earlier than the 1 year they suggest it usually takes. Of course, we have no idea how long it will take to get the portal email. Tommorow, Monday, or April?

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
Well, I think they may be trying to do us a favour by doing it this way, although it's been very frustrating not being able to work while waiting. But this way, we can just ask for a refund of the soon to be unnecessary work permit. It sounds like between Afghanistan and Covid, there have been à lot of factors slowing them down.

I can't be too upset about it considering it seems like we are near the end of the process. If we get PR soon, it will be much earlier than the 1 year they suggest it usually takes. Of course, we have no idea how long it will take to get the portal email. Tommorow, Monday, or April?
Exactly, if we apply for OWP, it is clear that we want to work while we wait the whole PR process.
Oh Lord, they must be in a big bottle neck!

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Guys, many people in this thread are still lucky that they have already got PR or are close to get it after applying in Apr 2021, I know many Inland applicants are stuck from 2020 Sep/Oct/Dec.

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Exactly, if we apply for OWP, it is clear that we want to work while we wait the whole PR process.
Oh Lord, they must be in a big bottle neck!
I think so. I'm glad they put the lives and safety of the Afghani's in front, of course, but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing sympathy for the struggle of waiting for something so important.

That said, we got her portal email and official approval today! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: MRQ and bonjourToto

Mario Rostova

Oct 26, 2021
I think so. I'm glad they put the lives and safety of the Afghani's in front, of course, but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing sympathy for the struggle of waiting for something so important.

That said, we got her portal email and official approval today! Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

Reactions: Marabelle

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021

Toutes mes félicitations, Marabelle!!! :)

So... you also didn't receive your OWP at all?

Last edited:

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Well, I'm no expert, but from reading other's stories, they'll just cancel and refund it themselves if they haven't started processing it without any need to contact them. That said, we did have a temporary work visa application to change employers, so I did send them a webform to cancel that. We will see how it goes.

Reactions: bonjourToto

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
Well, I'm no expert, but from reading other's stories, they'll just cancel and refund it themselves if they haven't started processing it without any need to contact them. That said, we did have a temporary work visa application to change employers, so I did send them a webform to cancel that. We will see how it goes.
Thank yoooouuu!

Tobi21

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
Thank you a for being so supportive and encouraging each other. Glad to share we have our approval.
Here is our timeline:
Medical exam passed: Oct 25, 2021
Eligibility review started: Nov 25, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: Nov 26, 2021
Decision Made for sponsor on eCAS: Nov 26, 2021
Decision made for PA: Nov 27, 2021
AIP: Nov 27, 2021
Decision Made for Principal Applicant: Nov 26, 2021
Pre email invitation/confirmation Portal via PA email: Nov 27, 2021 Responded to IRCC same day