+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Tobi21

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
We received medical request as well.

App received: April 7, 2021
Temp AOR: May 27, 2021
Found applicated on eCAS and linked to GCKey: Oct 6, 2021 (morning)
Medical request: Oct 6, 2021 (afternoon)

Didn't receive any communication for AOR, but i guess it is fine since we have application number on GCKey and Medical request.
Hello! Congratulations on your progress! Please what is eCAS? Thanks

Reactions: mjawarani

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
We also received AOR today and were able to link online. Huge relief as we are Sept 2020 applicants who got our app returned for missing an address.

Unusual question:

My wife recently had surgery, does anyone know if it's better to hold off on the medical until she is fully recovered in a couple of weeks?

Edit: We were also able to link the OWP application using UCI and passport details

Last edited:

JayUser0

Sep 24, 2021
Hey guys. Might be stupid question. My wife is the Sponsor and she has been receiving all the emails. We just got the AOR but did not get the Medical request. I personally have not received an email yet. I cannot connect my application either. Does my wife need to create an account and then try to connect?? Thank you!

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Hey guys. Might be stupid question. My wife is the Sponsor and she has been receiving all the emails. We just got the AOR but did not get the Medical request. I personally have not received an email yet. I cannot connect my application either. Does my wife need to create an account and then try to connect?? Thank you!
Yes, the first emails go to the sponsor.

No, I think the GCKEY account should be under your name/UCI.

Do you have an account from before (work permit, study permit, visitor visa) or a UCI (unique client identifier)?

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
App received: April 15 , 2021
AOR ( sponsor) : Oct 6, 2021
Medical request: Oct 7, 2021
Background check in process

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Just search on the forum there is a really good explanation of how to connect appli. to ecas

Hbeeb

Oct 11, 2021
Hi all!

Application received: 12th April 2021
AOR: 4th October 2021
Medical Request: 4th October 2021

Even though ecas says they sent my spouse a medical request and correspondence on 4th October, he hasnt actually received any email or letter from them yet.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I am aware the medical and biometrics need to be done within 30 days, so sent them a web form and will call if they don't respond in a few days.

*Edit to add that yes, we have checked spam

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi all!

Even though ecas says they sent my spouse a medical request and correspondence on 4th October, he hasnt actually received any email or letter from them yet.

I am aware the medical and biometrics need to be done within 30 days, so sent them a web form and will call if they don't respond in a few days.

My wife, sponsor, receive AOR, with UCI no. and case no., which I connect to my account on IRCC secure account. Day after I receive msg to do a medical exam.
it is not a bad idea to open an account and connect your app https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hi all!

Login to your GCKEY. Medical Exam instructions letter should be there under messages.

Bee97

Oct 13, 2021
Hi everyone,
Application sent: April 14, 2021
Application received: April 15, 2021
AOR: October 9, 2021
Medical request: October 12, 2021

Does getting AOR mean that nothing in the application was filled out wrong and won’t get sent back?

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi everyone,
Application sent: April 14, 2021
Application received: April 15, 2021
AOR: October 9, 2021
Medical request: October 12, 2021

Does getting AOR mean that nothing in the application was filled out wrong and won’t get sent back?
Yes, that's what I have been told.

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
yesterday I received an email that mentioned that they determined that I am eligible, however in the IRCC account they said that they are still reviewing my eligibility.

AOR was received at end of September.

JayUser0

Sep 24, 2021
Yes, the first emails go to the sponsor.

No, I think the GCKEY account should be under your name/UCI.

Do you have an account from before (work permit, study permit, visitor visa) or a UCI (unique client identifier)?
Hey, yeah I do have an account and just got and email from them requesting medical. The basic guide says that I need to bring the IMM 1017 form but couldn't find in on their website. Is there something changed now? Also can I submit it online? Thank you!!